HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:40 PM
United States, MI, Jenison
Joined Jun 2008
1,141 Posts
......................................... ...
nicnaimless is offline Find More Posts by nicnaimless
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:43 PM
Aerial Videography @ Photo Co.
Joined Aug 2012
44 Posts
Ahhaahhah NIC very nice lol
AEROXOOM is offline Find More Posts by AEROXOOM
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:43 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEROXOOM View Post
Adidas it's what you said you wanted so we tried to show you what we got. I could have smoothed it with a gopro and I could have used a really wide angle lens. We're bringing the gimbal back in to HF to do some more tweaking so hopefully you can see what's happening as we continue to really hone in the HFG.

Specifically Adidas what more do you want to see. Let us continue to test it and show how we progress.

- Jeff

the issue you are running into here is that you keep saying that the footage is great! Amazing! So much better than MK and such.

Reality is.... your footage is not smooth enough to be used.

I have posted these prior and will do it again.... and this is not a light gopro or WA lens or post stabilized.....

This is RAW
360 pan AG700-DS Askman and Gary's Gimbal for DSLR (2 min 33 sec)

So is this
Fly Fishing in Alaska with the AG-700 Gimbal, HoverFly Gimbal Controller and Sony Nex-5n 16mm (2 min 30 sec)

both show better stabilization on tilt and roll.... horizon is not level, but the ability for it to keep smooth movement without hitting any stops or wobbles.

please dont think you are the only one posting RAW video..... Askman and Gary are as well...

I will say... if that is how the HF team setup your gimbal to operated, we have a HUGE problem

no keyboard jockey here..... I have posted more content, raw and otherwise, with the HF Gimbal that most.... check a quick google or youtube search....

stop blowing smoke.
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:46 PM
Freehold, USA
Joined Jan 2008
392 Posts
Quote:
Well thank you for the business lesson. I will be sure to share that with our clients. Ohh and after we showed HF the footage we already have another mtg to tweak the gimbal further...which further shows that those that have said they are ignoring customers and not taking care of them. The purpose of this video was to show where The gimbal footage is at and then show progression.

Of course I saw the issues with the roll, of course I saw the issues with the tilt. I was told PLEASE show unedited raw...I showed unedited raw. Those videos look great, they are fully edited they could have post stab. As any finished product WOULD and SHOULD have.

Look I'm not asking for much, stop the personal attacks and stop the flames.
Work together to move forward in what people desire to see.
If this is the worst thing you have seen, then it can only get better right??

Jeff
I pointed out some facts that I know others saw and probably would have held their tongue. My apologies if you took them as insults or flaming...wasn't intended to be that way...just being straight forward and honest which is a good thing when trying to resolve issues.

Moving along...
DorianJ is offline Find More Posts by DorianJ
Last edited by DorianJ; Sep 02, 2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:35 PM
Joined Aug 2012
44 Posts
How is the world are words like "amature hour" pointing out facts and not considered to be a flame? Like seriously? Your comments didn't resolve any issues and they were unprofessional and not appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianJ View Post
I pointed out some facts that I know others saw and probably would have held their tongue. My apologies if you took them as insults or flaming...wasn't intended to be that way...just being straight forward and honest which is a good thing when trying to resolve issues.

Moving along...
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:48 PM
Joined Aug 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275 View Post
the issue you are running into here is that you keep saying that the footage is great! Amazing! So much better than MK and such.

Reality is.... your footage is not smooth enough to be used.

I have posted these prior and will do it again.... and this is not a light gopro or WA lens or post stabilized.....

This is RAW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VW9MHuOHJI

So is this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FizpB-BjWWM

both show better stabilization on tilt and roll.... horizon is not level, but the ability for it to keep smooth movement without hitting any stops or wobbles.

please dont think you are the only one posting RAW video..... Askman and Gary are as well...

I will say... if that is how the HF team setup your gimbal to operated, we have a HUGE problem

no keyboard jockey here..... I have posted more content, raw and otherwise, with the HF Gimbal that most.... check a quick google or youtube search....

stop blowing smoke.
Adidas,

Those are some great words. In the future honestly I think you are 100% right we won't even commentate, just show what the machine is doing and call it a day. You are also 100% right that the word perfect...is indeed perfect and we should have never used that to describe what we were seeing. Because for us it was just...better and it was exciting for us. I truly apologize for the misconception.

I have nothing but the upmost respect for you and what you have done in regards to HF. Please know this, I love the work you have done, and I in no way am trying to show that we are the only ones posting RAW video at all. My intention in what we posted was really to help show progression. For us...WE ARE EXCITED. We are excited about the product, we are excited about the possibilities, and we are excited for the access that we have been allowed to have with the HF crew. I think our excitement has come across in the wrong way, but please know that our intentions were nothing but pure.

I can say that it looks like our horizon is holding great, I can also say that we are excited to go back in for another tweaking session to really hone in our gimbal to get it even better. I think there definitely are some usable shots, but there is still a ways to go to get things as stable as possible.

I'm excited to see the progression on the gimbal and we will post those (without commentating) for the next pass. I am also not trying to blow smoke, we are legitimately excited and I do apologize that we have come across as more than that. Not only to ya'll but to the HF Crew =- )

- Jeff
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:55 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,942 Posts
that isnt my point....

there are people here who have highly dialed in rigs with similar gear who are frustrated because there are certain parts of the controller that are not working as they should...

no one has seemed to post quality pan axis stabilization.....

excitement is cool and good, but there was a real discussion going on here about pan performance and you posted that you had GREAT, WORKING, PERFECT footage

so you posted here one thing and then your videos show another.

no one is saying not to post, not to be excited........

I hope you get your rig dialed in to get working footage.

you are close and probably only need minor tweaking to get tilt and roll stabilized, but pan..... well we have not seen.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 10:20 PM
Joined Aug 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275 View Post
that isnt my point....

there are people here who have highly dialed in rigs with similar gear who are frustrated because there are certain parts of the controller that are not working as they should...

no one has seemed to post quality pan axis stabilization.....

excitement is cool and good, but there was a real discussion going on here about pan performance and you posted that you had GREAT, WORKING, PERFECT footage

so you posted here one thing and then your videos show another.

no one is saying not to post, not to be excited........

I hope you get your rig dialed in to get working footage.

you are close and probably only need minor tweaking to get tilt and roll stabilized, but pan..... well we have not seen.
Adidas when you say perfectly stabilized pan footage, can you show me what you mean? When I think pan I think of a video camera panning. But you are talking about panning the gimbal right? And you are also talking about heading hold right? I just want to clarify. Sorry for the confusion, yes I think we only need a little tweaking to get tilt and roll stabilized also.

- Jeff
Old Sep 02, 2012, 10:30 PM
Freehold, USA
Joined Jan 2008
392 Posts
Quote:
Adidas when you say perfectly stabilized pan footage, can you show me what you mean? When I think pan I think of a video camera panning. But you are talking about panning the gimbal right? And you are also talking about heading hold right? I just want to clarify. Sorry for the confusion, yes I think we only need a little tweaking to get tilt and roll stabilized also.

- Jeff
Gimbal pan axis stabilization is when you yaw the heli/multirotor left, right or continuously 360 degrees in one direction while the gimbal stays fixed in the direction it was last commanded.
Last edited by DorianJ; Sep 02, 2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 10:39 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,942 Posts
yeah just meaning you fly around in a circle or something and the camera is held steady on a target

or just keep the camera pointing north (with no input from a camera man) while pirouetting
Old Sep 02, 2012, 10:45 PM
Joined Aug 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Gimbal pan axis stabilization is when you yaw the heli/multirotor left, right or continuously 360 degrees in one direction while the gimbal stays fixed in the direction it was last commanded.
Ok we had that planned for the next test, I seriously haven't had an issue with any yaw commands I have given it, but I don't tend to continuously turn 360 degrees with my heli. I know I"ve done like 270 each direction with no drift. Do I need to push it 360 over and over and just keep spinning it for the test or just do one revolution at a time? You answered one of my questions already Adidas LOL!

- Jeff
Old Sep 02, 2012, 10:55 PM
Freehold, USA
Joined Jan 2008
392 Posts
Quote:
Ok we had that planned for the next test, I seriously haven't had an issue with any yaw commands I have given it, but I don't tend to continuously turn 360 degrees with my heli. I know I"ve done like 270 each direction with no drift. Do I need to push it 360 over and over and just keep spinning it for the test or just do one revolution at a time? You answered one of my questions already Adidas LOL!

- Jeff
Yawing continuously shows how well gimbal pan lock holds but not necessary for your test. Same when testing tilt and roll stabilization by rocking the heli back/forth and side to side...you don't fly this way normally, its just done to demonstrate stabilization.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 10:55 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,942 Posts
you have video show that shows the camera pan position staying still with the multirotors panning 90 degrees and the camera movement is smooth?
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:01 PM
Joined Aug 2012
44 Posts
No Adidas because we didn't have heading lock enabled with our machine, which is what would keep the camera pointing in one direction. Last conversation with Dan we watched it on a bench, but we didn't actually enable it or fly it. I will make sure that we do next time, I honestly don't know if the glitches are worked out. I was just talking about it holding and not glitching as I pan the machine itself. Not holding the camera in a single position.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:03 PM
Joined Aug 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Yawing continuously shows how well gimbal pan lock holds but not necessary for your test. Same when testing tilt and roll stabilization by rocking the heli back/forth and side to side...you don't fly this way normally, its just done to demonstrate stabilization.
Thanks man, makes a ton of sense.