HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 23, 2012, 04:22 PM
Joined May 2012
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancherpete View Post
Can you think of any way to slow down the rate that the gimbal pitch is performed by my Futaba 8FG Super? Unfortunately only one half of the lever movement will control the pitch (in a one TX setup) and it seems to happen too fast. There does not seem to be a way to slow it down in order to get a smoother movement.
What you need to use is Angle Velocity in the servo configuration window. But apparently it doesn't work in any of the firmwares above .98 unless I'm missing something. Anyone else have any ideas?
mndblwr is offline Find More Posts by mndblwr
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2012, 04:39 PM
DS state of origin NSW Vs QLD
Joined Jul 2009
1,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mndblwr View Post
What you need to use is Angle Velocity in the servo configuration window. But apparently it doesn't work in any of the firmwares above .98 unless I'm missing something. Anyone else have any ideas?
I cant get angle velocity to work after I have saved it to HFG. Works fine while im plugged into the config program. Its bloody annoying actualy. This should be a given this function.
Not happy.
Forrest12 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest12
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:08 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,189 Posts
Hi Al,
I understand that you and your guys are busy, but there are a number of people here still having troubles with each axis and particularlywith the firmware.

I've submitted help requests direct to your zen desk and asked for help here yet there are no answers from you or your tech staff.

These RCGroups and multirotor.com threads are listed on your site as places to go for support so it would be appreciated if we could actually get support rather than having to support each other in an adhoc manner like some sort of men's help group.

Cheers

Matt
Psionic001 is online now Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:11 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,189 Posts
Also, it would be nice to see HoverFly release some short videos of the gimbals they test with, showing that solid performance is actually possible. The lack of videos posted to date seems quite telling at this stage, but that's just my opinion.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:58 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
i have not updated past 1.01 i believe (just have not take the time) but i have not had any issues with 1.01 with roll and tilt.

interesting that we get different results. I am not using external pots (yet) so perhaps the issue is with how it handles different types of servos?
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:48 AM
Al Ducharme
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2005
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001 View Post
Also, it would be nice to see HoverFly release some short videos of the gimbals they test with, showing that solid performance is actually possible. The lack of videos posted to date seems quite telling at this stage, but that's just my opinion.
I was actually pretty proud of this video. Dan has some others planned too showing the PhotoshipOne and Cinestar gimbals.

HoverflyGIMBAL 3-Axis Gimbal controller (2 min 35 sec)
photronix is offline Find More Posts by photronix
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:49 AM
Al Ducharme
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2005
734 Posts
Dan is releasing new firmware hopefully today that addresses all of the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001 View Post
Hi Al,
I understand that you and your guys are busy, but there are a number of people here still having troubles with each axis and particularlywith the firmware.

I've submitted help requests direct to your zen desk and asked for help here yet there are no answers from you or your tech staff.

These RCGroups and multirotor.com threads are listed on your site as places to go for support so it would be appreciated if we could actually get support rather than having to support each other in an adhoc manner like some sort of men's help group.

Cheers

Matt
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:06 AM
Joined Jul 2009
1,371 Posts
Great news can't wait!!!
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:05 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,189 Posts
thanks for your reply Al.

Great. We will test on Sunday and provide feedback.

Current Feedback.
We did a shoot in high wind today. Moderate to fast pan whilst in forward flight causes the horizon to roll as much as 10-20 degrees.

Cheers

Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by photronix View Post
Dan is releasing new firmware hopefully today that addresses all of the feedback.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:10 AM
albertocvr
Joined Jan 2007
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancherpete View Post
Can you think of any way to slow down the rate that the gimbal pitch is performed by my Futaba 8FG Super? Unfortunately only one half of the lever movement will control the pitch (in a one TX setup) and it seems to happen too fast. There does not seem to be a way to slow it down in order to get a smoother movement.
I have the same question , with mk controller you are able to slow down very smoothly the pitch on the gimbal your command not the stabilization command of course ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDybl...&feature=g-upl
Any way to do it or maybe future firmware?

Question addressed to Photronix ..
albertocvr is offline Find More Posts by albertocvr
Last edited by albertocvr; Aug 24, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:54 AM
Al Ducharme
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2005
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertocvr View Post
I have the same question , with mk controller you are able to slow down very smoothly the pitch on the gimbal your command not the stabilization command of course ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDybl...&feature=g-upl
Any way to do it or maybe future firmware?

Question addressed to Photronix ..
Yes the HoverflyGIMBAL allows you to do the same thing.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:48 AM
albertocvr
Joined Jan 2007
296 Posts
Thanks , nice to hear that
albertocvr is offline Find More Posts by albertocvr
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:23 PM
Private Pilot
United States, CA, San Luis Obispo
Joined Jul 2009
1,243 Posts
any update on it being released today or not?
Twister773 is online now Find More Posts by Twister773
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:48 PM
Al Ducharme
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2005
734 Posts
Sorry won't be today.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:08 PM
Joined Jul 2009
1,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by photronix View Post
Sorry won't be today.
Thanks for keeping us informed, Can you please list the "Fixes" in this new firmware?