HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:23 AM
Private Pilot
Joined Jul 2009
1,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S11D336B View Post
The channel the switch is connected to should be set as the mode switch in receiver configuration. Your radio should have that channel connected to a 3 position switch with it's spa set to 100% on both sides. If you aren't seeing the switch moving in the configurator it's likely that you have something connected incorrectly. If you're still having trouble tomorrow, I'd be happy to spend some time with you on the phone working it out.

George at (hoverflytech dot com)
Ahh ya. That is how mine is setup...still not working. It switches modes fine for pitch, and it will turn off and on auto comp on pan(if you can even call it that) When on auto comp it is so delayed to respond and too slow to respond for little movements and has to be moved fast and 90 degrees or more to pick up its movement speed. There has to be some sort of adjustment available on pan or else I dont see it ever working correctly or optimally. I will happily call again tomorrow and see if you can get it working correctly
Twister773 is offline Find More Posts by Twister773
Last edited by Twister773; Aug 08, 2012 at 05:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:54 AM
USA, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Apr 2006
3,066 Posts
Hmm. Definitely call later. See if you can get Dan. If not, I can help. In the demos we've set up it was no where near that slow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister773 View Post
Ahh ya. That is how mine is setup...still not working. It switches modes fine for pitch, and it will turn off and on auto comp on pan(if you can even call it that) When on auto comp it is so delayed to respond and too slow to respond for little movements and has to be moved fast and 90 degrees or more to pick up its movement speed. There has to be some sort of adjustment available on pan or else I dont see it ever working correctly or optimally. I will happily call again tomorrow and see if you can get it working correctly
S11D336B is offline Find More Posts by S11D336B
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:32 PM
Private Pilot
Joined Jul 2009
1,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S11D336B View Post
Hmm. Definitely call later. See if you can get Dan. If not, I can help. In the demos we've set up it was no where near that slow.
Will do, havent heard back or been able to get a hold of Dan since July 16th about the issue.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 05:20 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
Probably to be expected but every gimbal will have completely different gains lok. I plugged garys numbers into mine and it was terrible, off to tune i go in search of results like yours.... How much for the gimbal these days any how gary do u have a webpage? Av200 is good but i cant get it to where u are at. Any pointers on dialing it in? Proccess etc
elliott000 is offline Find More Posts by elliott000
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:09 PM
Private Pilot
Joined Jul 2009
1,226 Posts
Spoke with Dan and George again this afternoon. I will report back what they figure out tomorrow hopefully.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:40 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
I went to do some setting up today and noticed there was firmware 1.01 i updated but now i cannot set the slider i had on tilt back up? I double checked the operation by attaching my camera trigger to it. It works but hoverfly gimbal client does not show any signs of input... whaaat i wanted to shoot some vid while camping this week.
Any help is appreciated

Im on gimbal client 1.01 aswell
elliott000 is offline Find More Posts by elliott000
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:46 PM
Private Pilot
Joined Jul 2009
1,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott000 View Post
I went to do some setting up today and noticed there was firmware 1.01 i updated but now i cannot set the slider i had on tilt back up? I double checked the operation by attaching my camera trigger to it. It works but hoverfly gimbal client does not show any signs of input... whaaat i wanted to shoot some vid while camping this week.
Any help is appreciated

Im on gimbal client 1.01 aswell
What was your previous firmware version? Did you try reflashing your old firmware back in and seeing if it works? If it was working before updating im sure its something simple but in my experience updating firmware wont change any of your settings.

edit: also, are you using a mode switch?
Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:19 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
i am sure you just didnt rehook something up right or a setting is off. take your time, i am sure you will get it.
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Aug 09, 2012, 07:39 PM
Private Pilot
Joined Jul 2009
1,226 Posts
Quick update:

Been talking with George and Dan at Hoverfly and making progress. A factory reset/default settings to gimbal board let me control my pan axis again with my transmitter. Also updated to the new software which Dan put in a PID adjustment for yaw so I could try and fix the slow reacting issue. Somewhat helped for that but another problem I had was if i where to pick up the multi and spin it, the gimbal would stay fairly on its correct heading until i stop spinning, or stop it and spin the other way...the heading would change 20-25 degrees in either direction while turning the multi. Dan has some ideas and some settings that arent in the setup client that he thinks can be adjusted to solve my issue. I will update again once I get the stuff from Dan and am able to test those settings. Dan and George have both been great trying to help and get this issue solved though
Old Aug 09, 2012, 07:44 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
good to hear you are making progress and they are living up to their reputation for customer service, i was worried for a little while
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:02 PM
United States, MI, Jenison
Joined Jun 2008
1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister773 View Post
Quick update:

Been talking with George and Dan at Hoverfly and making progress. A factory reset/default settings to gimbal board let me control my pan axis again with my transmitter. Also updated to the new software which Dan put in a PID adjustment for yaw so I could try and fix the slow reacting issue. Somewhat helped for that but another problem I had was if i where to pick up the multi and spin it, the gimbal would stay fairly on its correct heading until i stop spinning, or stop it and spin the other way...the heading would change 20-25 degrees in either direction while turning the multi. Dan has some ideas and some settings that arent in the setup client that he thinks can be adjusted to solve my issue. I will update again once I get the stuff from Dan and am able to test those settings. Dan and George have both been great trying to help and get this issue solved though
I think you are a self funded beta tester at this point. I really need to stop poking in this thread but I cannot get over the fact that Pan stab is still not proven with this board. Everyone I've asked that has the board has either never tried Pan Stab or have found that it doesn't operate as advertised.
nicnaimless is offline Find More Posts by nicnaimless
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:06 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
so what is your other option? right now? What works better for 3 axis?
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:22 PM
Joined Jun 2008
1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275 View Post
so what is your other option? right now? What works better for 3 axis?
That's irrelevant to the point. The point is, people are buying the Hoverfly Gimbal board with the advertised feature of pan stabilization. It's wrong that they are selling the board as a 3 axis Stab board when the Pan axis is useless.

I keep popping in here hoping they will post a real video proving it works or hoping to see someone using the pan feature but nope. Nada.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:30 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
i understand your point. I does look like it works better than twister had it working.

did you see the one video they have with pan working. its not the greatest video, but it does show it works
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:46 PM
Joined Jun 2008
1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275 View Post
i understand your point. I does look like it works better than twister had it working.

did you see the one video they have with pan working. its not the greatest video, but it does show it works
I saw it.