Old Aug 05, 2012, 06:42 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzil View Post
Salmon fishing and flyin ... havin a time ... what rain ... hehe
yeah on that river we were fishing for trout, big huge rainbow trout (24-30")
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2012, 06:57 PM
Canada, NL, St John's
Joined Sep 2011
233 Posts
wicked .. love fishing .. your videos are great. I can watch hours of the aerial outdoors videos. Hoverfly gimbal is one of the next things on the list. Once I master this flying.
Razzil is offline Find More Posts by Razzil
Old Aug 06, 2012, 11:36 AM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,113 Posts
I'm really starting to get the HF Gimbal gains dialed in very close now. Here is a short test video I did yesterday using our AG550v2 gimbal on a standard DJI F550. The camera is a Sony RX100.

AG550v2 RX 2 Axis Gimbal Test 01 (3 min 26 sec)

I have the tilt axis gain set at 30.1250, and the roll set to 30.3750, with both acceleration values set to 10. I have the HFG board mounted on top of the AG550's isolated mounting plate, above the camera.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is online now Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:59 PM
Private Pilot
Joined Jul 2009
1,239 Posts
Probably some of my last footage with the hoverfly gimbal board. Planning on picking up the Free Fly Radian Stabilization so that I can make use of my 3 axis gimbal.

"Home" Teaser (2 min 15 sec)
Twister773 is offline Find More Posts by Twister773
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:00 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
I'm really starting to get the HF Gimbal gains dialed in very close now. Here is a short test video I did yesterday using our AG550v2 gimbal on a standard DJI F550. The camera is a Sony RX100.

http://youtu.be/gDL7xDs_BYo

I have the tilt axis gain set at 30.1250, and the roll set to 30.3750, with both acceleration values set to 10. I have the HFG board mounted on top of the AG550's isolated mounting plate, above the camera.

-- Gary
Looks awesome gary, when you say tilt axis gain are you referring to the scaling factor? And the 10 is the bottom. Rate gain
elliott000 is online now Find More Posts by elliott000
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:28 PM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Feb 2012
90 Posts
Gary, you've got that thing dialed in! Well done.
Benjamin Rowland is offline Find More Posts by Benjamin Rowland
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:07 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott000 View Post
Looks awesome gary, when you say tilt axis gain are you referring to the scaling factor? And the 10 is the bottom. Rate gain
Yes, on both counts.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is online now Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:15 PM
USA, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Apr 2006
3,066 Posts
The HoverflyGIMBAL stabilizes on all 3 axis. If you're having trouble, you should contact support so we can help fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister773 View Post
Probably some of my last footage with the hoverfly gimbal board. Planning on picking up the Free Fly Radian Stabilization so that I can make use of my 3 axis gimbal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K04Lcg_caU&hd=1
S11D336B is offline Find More Posts by S11D336B
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:20 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S11D336B View Post
The HoverflyGIMBAL stabilizes on all 3 axis. If you're having trouble, you should contact support so we can help fix it.
From my conversations with twitter he has contacted you guys by phone
And support ticket and has had no solution.

We do need to see demo footage of pan stabilization and heading hold style camera lock.

Seems the HFG smooths out pan axis for a camera op but will not hold the camera in a locked positions.

I have not used pan but this is from my conversation with twister.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:28 PM
USA, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Apr 2006
3,066 Posts
You need to update to the latest firmware/configurator and check the auto compensation box for yaw in the servo config.
HoverflyGIMBAL 3-Axis Gimbal controller (2 min 35 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275 View Post
From my conversations with twitter he has contacted you guys by phone
And support ticket and has had no solution.

We do need to see demo footage of pan stabilization and heading hold style camera lock.

Seems the HFG smooths out pan axis for a camera op but will not hold the camera in a locked positions.

I have not used pan but this is from my conversation with twister.
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:42 PM
Private Pilot
Joined Jul 2009
1,239 Posts
Quote:
You need to update to the latest firmware/configurator and check the auto compensation box for yaw in the servo config.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...96&postcount=1
Have done all of that. For the longest time it would not compensate at all. I also notice in your directions online your screen shot lets you choose between mode switch etc for pan...but the software online those options are greyed out. Moving my aileron stick(pan servo) the pwm in receiver config moves up and down as it should but the pan servo does not work. In the receiver config tab when i move the pitch channel (throttle) the current angle and offset speed numbers change...they stay the same (0) when I do the same thing with pan.
Under the general tab the pan pwm does not change when i move my aileron stick either. Not sure what is going on but has got to be a software/firmware issue because I have literally tried everything.

edit: Also, I cant control pan at all from my transmitter when going through hoverfly gimbal board.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:42 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
great to see that video, ill watch it now. I was gone a little over the last week or so

I know I am getting picky, but any chance we see 1080p version of the onboard, or 720?

it looks okay from what I see, not locked in..... tilt wobbles and such.

I would really love to see what the optimum performance is so i know how close I am to that point.....
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:49 PM
USA, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Apr 2006
3,066 Posts
The grayed out settings is done deliberately. Auto compensation for pan only works when the mode switch is set to velocity control. Pan auto compensation must not be activated while on the ground. This prevents the auto compensation algorithm from spinning the multirotor on the ground. This is why you are not given the option.
Quote:
Have done all of that. For the longest time it would not compensate at all. I also notice in your directions online your screen shot lets you choose between mode switch etc for pan...but the software online those options are greyed out. Moving my aileron stick(pan servo) the pwm in receiver config moves up and down as it should but the pan servo does not work. In the receiver config tab when i move the pitch channel (throttle) the current angle and offset speed numbers change...they stay the same (0) when I do the same thing with pan.
Under the general tab the pan pwm does not change when i move my aileron stick either. Not sure what is going on but has got to be a software/firmware issue because I have literally tried everything.

edit: Also, I cant control pan at all from my transmitter when going through hoverfly gimbal board.
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:54 PM
Private Pilot
Joined Jul 2009
1,239 Posts
Quote:
The grayed out settings is done deliberately. Auto compensation for pan only works when the mode switch is set to velocity control. Pan auto compensation must not be activated while on the ground. This prevents the auto compensation algorithm from spinning the multirotor on the ground. This is why you are not given the option.
I think I remember them saying something about them being greyed out deliberately. but that doesnt fix my pan issue. in the receiver config tab the pwm is changing as it should...BUT its switch position stays at 1. thoughts on that?
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:04 AM
USA, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Apr 2006
3,066 Posts
The channel the switch is connected to should be set as the mode switch in receiver configuration. Your radio should have that channel connected to a 3 position switch with it's spa set to 100% on both sides. If you aren't seeing the switch moving in the configurator it's likely that you have something connected incorrectly. If you're still having trouble tomorrow, I'd be happy to spend some time with you on the phone working it out.

George at (hoverflytech dot com)

Quote:
I think I remember them saying something about them being greyed out deliberately. but that doesnt fix my pan issue. in the receiver config tab the pwm is changing as it should...BUT its switch position stays at 1. thoughts on that?
Site Sponsor