HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:56 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by au117 View Post
Kevin let me see what i can do. i only had 3 made.I will have to get some more made, Jim b will need 1 to. So we will work something out.
I received a prototype25 mm fan using gp's motor to test in the F-35 on 3s. I hope to fly it this weakened.
GREAT!!!...Get some pics and vid if ya can......

This little jet will make a great companion to my other micro jets...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:42 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,011 Posts
Here are a few pics...The first shows the parts transfered to the 2mm foam where applicable next to a full sheet of Depron...Next shows that the scraps almost equal the parts!!!......---And lastly, the 2mm parts cut out...The parts are for the larger "C" model...I easily traced/cut out all of the parts while watching the Olympics this evening...

This build requires a real minimal amount of Depron to accomplish...I could easily cut out 2 sets of parts from one sheet of Depron with foam to spare!!!

Looking forward to the build!!!... ...

Kevin
Old Aug 05, 2012, 01:10 PM
United States, MD, Potomac
Joined Oct 2010
320 Posts

I added another CF rod for more rigidity.

Au-117- if you're going to get more made, I'd like to buy two
mkcp40 is offline Find More Posts by mkcp40
Old Aug 06, 2012, 12:05 PM
Current project: Electrolyte
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,480 Posts
Great work guys! Based off what I've seen with Au117's F-35 airframes you guys are going to really enjoy flying yours. Here are a few pics from last weekend. And let me just say that Au117 is one of the most impressive builders I've ever met. He is extremely humble but has a tremendous amount of knowledge and skill! His micro WW1 are absolutely ridiculous in terms of realism. I was blown away when he brought out this fleet! I personally feel lucky to have this guy contributing to the Micro EDF movement!
pdawg is online now Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Aug 06, 2012, 12:20 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg View Post
Great work guys! Based off what I've seen with Au117's F-35 airframes you guys are going to really enjoy flying yours. Here are a few pics from last weekend. And let me just say that Au117 is one of the most impressive builders I've ever met. He is extremely humble but has a tremendous amount of knowledge and skill! His micro WW1 are absolutely ridiculous in terms of realism. I was blown away when he brought out this fleet! I personally feel lucky to have this guy contributing to the Micro EDF movement!
WOW!!!---Yes, we are VERY Lucky!!!...By chance---Did you get to see the Navy version of the F-35 fly???...I was wondering whether to build the Navy or Air Force version...I would like to do some high alpha flight but also want it to be about as fast as the GP Sabre...

Kevin
Old Aug 06, 2012, 01:21 PM
Just some guy
Joined Aug 2006
662 Posts
Either version is close speed wise.

DJ
D Johnson is offline Find More Posts by D Johnson
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:04 AM
Joined Jun 2010
120 Posts
Bret I don't know what to say, but thank you. I have enjoyed our talks very much. the electrolyte is so cool. I feel privileged to have seen it fly. Thank you for bringing it back with you.
Kevin. the big difference in the C and A is the roll. at speed the A will turn in to a drill bit
au117 is offline Find More Posts by au117
Last edited by au117; Aug 07, 2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Oct 2010
320 Posts
au-117,

If I want to make mine a fixed fan design, how should I create the nozzle and lip on the 30mm fan?

Thanks
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:53 PM
Joined Jun 2010
120 Posts
mkcp40 look at espirits f -22 and do it like that. he has a fixed cone.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 06:23 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by au117 View Post
Kevin. the big difference in the C and A is the roll. at speed the A will turn in to a drill bit
So....Just curious---Sounds like you prefer the A model...I like speed as well as high alpha so I was thinking that the C model with its larger wing would be a better model to handle the weight of a 3S 240mAh Hyperion battery....What do you think???

Kevin
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:07 PM
Joined Oct 2010
320 Posts

Ducted fan mounted (I hope) and everything is now cut out.

The only issue I'm encountering now is that the F-86 servos seem to favor travel in one direction- anyone have this issue too?
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:30 PM
EDF Addicted
Ocala,Florida
Joined Sep 2005
5,328 Posts
gonna build one tomorrow. not sure on electronics yet but I love high alpha as well
MustangAce17 is offline Find More Posts by MustangAce17
Old Aug 10, 2012, 08:11 AM
Current project: Electrolyte
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,480 Posts
Kevin,
I only flew the C version but from what I've observed both models are about the same speed. They are both scale so at the end of the day it's up to you whether you want the C version which is a little more stable in roll or the A which is much more nimble. They are both so cool when you look at them in person. They are so tiny but completely functional.....no pusher props, cheater holes, or cartoonish looks. A scale modern fighter in micro EDF!
pdawg is online now Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:59 PM
EDF Addicted
Ocala,Florida
Joined Sep 2005
5,328 Posts
workin on a C Navy version as I type, loving this design and easy of assembly for a modern jet fighter. Thinking about a Blue angel type scheme since they are due these jets in a few years
MustangAce17 is offline Find More Posts by MustangAce17
Old Aug 10, 2012, 04:10 PM
Joined Jun 2010
120 Posts
mkcp looking good
pdawg thanks for going to dinner last night. like always, enjoyed the talk.
mustang yes a blue angel is a must. it will go well with the thunder bird. post progress.
thanks sean