SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:55 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,024 Posts
AU117---Have you managed to get any more of the fan inlet adapters made?

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:27 PM
Joined Apr 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
The A model is said to roll like a drill...The C model should roll well but not quite as fast as the A model...Are you using tailerons or separate elevators/ailerons???...When using tailerons (elevators/ailerons mixed for pitch/roll) I've found that you need pretty excessive throws to get what you need...But be sure to check that you aren't over-driving the servos travel when at max throws for elevator/ailerons...

I'm getting the fan/motor ordered for mine...After I get the power system here it shouldn't be too long before I maiden mine...

Kevin
I am using tailerons with an ar6400, could it be because I have most of the electronics on the bottom of the plane
minimicrorc is offline Find More Posts by minimicrorc
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:08 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimicrorc View Post
I am using tailerons with an ar6400, could it be because I have most of the electronics on the bottom of the plane
Could be!!!---With the electronics in the bottom the plane possibly has trouble rolling due to getting all of that mass to roll towards the outside of the plane...I'll be sure on mine to install all of the electronics on the centerline of the plane due to what you have found out...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:17 AM
Joined Jun 2010
120 Posts
Sorry for the slow reply. minimicrorc I would guess that you do not have enough throw for proper roll.
au117 is offline Find More Posts by au117
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:31 AM
Wingnutz
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined May 2009
273 Posts
Which servos?

Just stumbled onto this thread...hope someone's still responding! I'd really like to build a 35-C and think I understand most of what's involved...except servos and receiver. I'd like to use HK's 410 Spektrum compatible 4ch rx...pretty much like the GP Sabre rx, both with 1.25mm pin spacing for the servo lead plugs. The 410's small, light and inexpensive...but as far as I can tell most of the compatible servos are 1S only. Are there other servos besides the GP Sabre's that will have the micro 1.25mm plugs and work on 2S?
Bill Quantock is offline Find More Posts by Bill Quantock
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:38 AM
Joined Jun 2010
120 Posts
I have used the gp f-86 servo and hk 5320 on 3s. look at the hk 5320
au117 is offline Find More Posts by au117
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:03 PM
United States, CO, Westminster
Joined Jul 2011
575 Posts
i use these on 2s and they work fine
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...g_0_08sec.html
chester2240 is offline Find More Posts by chester2240
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:23 PM
Wingnutz
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined May 2009
273 Posts
Thanks!

Chester and au117. Thanks for the help. You're awesome builders and supporters! I'd looked at both servos and dismissed them because I didn't think they'd stand 2S.
au117...thanks for the plans! Wow! What a cool design!
Chester what is that Falken on your blog? Did you build it? Does it fly well?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:45 PM
Wingnutz
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined May 2009
273 Posts
Diet suggestions?

Wanna build a C version for indoor...slow flight and lightweight are mandatory. I've scratch built a couple of micro indoor flyers using AR 6400's and Parkzone stuff but this is my first try at micro EDF and this one is a lot smaller than the AR6400 models I've built. I want it to be a floater but the way I'm going, it's gonna sink or fly at warp speed.
Weighed my fan/motor, ESC, battery, Rx and two servos...I'm at 35g already!
Battery is a Nano-tech 2S 180mah...10g
Fan/motor a 27mm unit from HK...10 g
Rx (Orange 415) esc (6A) and two servos wires and connectors weigh 15g
I saw a pic of Au117's model at 51g total!
At the rate I'm going, I won't even be close.
Am I missing something with the electronic components above that could save weight?
Old Nov 03, 2012, 11:48 AM
BVM Viper Fever
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,560 Posts
Bill,
Having flown Au117's F-35 I would recommend no changes to the electronics in the effort of weight reduction. His model is extremely light and the choosen electronics provide faster responsiveness compared to lighter linear servos. You would just be reinventing the wheel on a well oiled machine. Au-117 is flying his stuff at the JR indoor festival today. It sounds to me like a chaotic indoor atmosphere of flying models so I hope he is able to get his one of a kind models up and down in one piece.
pdawg is online now Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Nov 03, 2012, 02:13 PM
United States, CO, Westminster
Joined Jul 2011
575 Posts
You should be able to drop 3 grams off the ESC by striping it down and .2 or more grams off each servo by cuting the mounting tabs off and also removing the bottom peace.

I dont think 35gr is all that bad if your doing the C model with the biggest wingspan. If you can keep the airframe under 20gr you should be fine Au117 airframe was only 15 grams.
chester2240 is offline Find More Posts by chester2240
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:30 AM
Field Darter
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
31 Posts
Get a Deltang Rx34 rx (<1g), a stripped XP-7A (~2.5g) esc and two HK5320 servo (~1.8g per servo) and you should half the weight of your electronics.

Alternatively, try scaling the F35 to 125% for a lower wing loading.

Cheers
bobbyhigh is offline Find More Posts by bobbyhigh
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:39 AM
Wingnutz
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined May 2009
273 Posts
Canadian F-35 to maiden

In spite of the fuss the increased projected cost of the F-35 is creating with the Canadian government, another Canadian F-35 is about to take flight. (Okay so it's a 2ouncer!)
Used HK electronics throughout and as long as the 27mm fan/motor combo has sufficient thrust I think it should fly! Thanks for a great design...it's been fun so far!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:22 AM
Flying Dutchman!
Nederland, FL, Emmeloord
Joined Sep 2011
368 Posts
I see lots of wire and one nice plane :-p don't forget that wire is wheight to ;-)
robertboxhoorn is offline Find More Posts by robertboxhoorn
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:25 PM
Wingnutz
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined May 2009
273 Posts
Wire weight

Robert...
You're right about wire...theres lots of it! It's pretty fine stuff and if I cleaned it all up and re-soldered everything I'm not sure I would save a measureable amount...I get a bit antsy with the soldering iron close to the model...I've already destroyed the horiz stab on one side with the iron!
Will post a picture when it's finished... and airborne photos if mine will fly.
Bill