HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old May 21, 2012, 05:31 PM
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,307 Posts
Discussion
Horizon Hobby's Problem resolved...

Bought a brand new wildcat from you and flying it with a dx5e one of your products turns out you have a issue with them dropping signal to the recevers..
I sent it in to be fixed and you tell me if you find the dx5e to have a bad issue as described your sales man said you will replace the remote and plane..

you send back the dx5e with a new antenna saying it was damaged and that was the cause of the signal loss and you will not replace the plane...

well since you say you fixed it I'm going to show for all to see just how good your repair man is you know thew guy who and i quote "been fixing remotes for 20 yrs and he has big hands he smacked the heck out of the remote and never had it fail..."

lets see how well he did....
1st video is before i sent it to them to be repaired
Faulty DX5E (0 min 41 sec)

2nd video getting it back in the same condition yup I'm getting screwed over by horizon hobbies.....
Horizon Hobby's dx5e (1 min 19 sec)

Update.....
Came home today to find Horizon did stand behind their word and shipped me a new plane and new dx5e....Thanks Horizon your a stand up company just wish things went a little smother in the beginning...
smitty919 is offline Find More Posts by smitty919
Last edited by smitty919; May 24, 2012 at 04:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2012, 07:47 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Agreed. Clevis Pin on my elevator failed and i hit the ground full throttle with my spitfire............ Horizon wouldnt do because apparently it was "out of warranty".
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Old May 21, 2012, 08:04 PM
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
I would be so happy they fixed the remote.... you say out of warranty? And theystill fixed the transmitter? Maybe I read wrong but that sounds pretty good. A fixed transmitter is nice.
Warcub is offline Find More Posts by Warcub
Old May 21, 2012, 08:07 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyplugs View Post
Bought a brand new wildcat from you and flying it with a dx5e one of your products turns out you have a issue with them dropping signal to the recevers..
I sent it in to be fixed and you tell me if you find the dx5e to have a bad issue as described your sales man said you will replace the remote and plane..

you send back the dx5e with a new antenna saying it was damaged and that was the cause of the signal loss and you will not replace the plane...

well since you say you fixed it I'm going to show for all to see just how good your repair man is you know thew guy who and i quote "been fixing remotes for 20 yrs and he has big hands he smacked the heck out of the remote and never had it fail..."

lets see how well he did....
1st video is before i sent it to them to be repaired
http://youtu.be/XQxn3w4tjLE

2nd video getting it back in the same condition yup I'm getting screwed over by horizon hobbies.....http://youtu.be/RtVKOVsj7Fs
I've dealt with HH a few times in the past, and I have nothing but good things to say.

Is it still "in warranty"? if Yes:

They obviously overlooked something, but I can assure you, they didn't do it on purpose- HH is one of the best in CS. Call them and talk to someone in charge and ask them to view the vids.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old May 21, 2012, 08:08 PM
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcub View Post
I would be so happy they fixed the remote.... you say out of warranty? And theystill fixed the transmitter? Maybe I read wrong but that sounds pretty good. A fixed transmitter is nice.
They fixed nothing....in fact after arguing with one of the guys he said well test it when you get it and if it still dont work send it back again???? are you kidding me this is how you run a service department??
Old May 21, 2012, 08:10 PM
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
I've dealt with HH a few times in the past, and I have nothing but good things to say.

They obviously overlooked something, but I can assure you, they didn't do it on purpose- HH is one of the best in CS. Call them and talk to someone in charge and ask them to view the vids.
I have gone down every road i can with them back and forth time and time again..i asked to speak with a manager i was told your not going to get a response for a min of 36 business hours???? are you kidding me really are you kidding me
Old May 21, 2012, 08:13 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
Agreed. Clevis Pin on my elevator failed and i hit the ground full throttle with my spitfire............ Horizon wouldnt do because apparently it was "out of warranty".
hmmm...How do you expect the vendor to warrant something that is out of warranty?

BTW - how did the pin fail?
Old May 21, 2012, 08:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Quote:
hmmm...How do you expect the vendor to warrant something that is out of warranty?

BTW - how did the pin fail?
full speed pass 20 feet up right in front of me........ banked and gave it elevator, then it just stopped turning and the elevator started flapping....... ! karma and a weak clevis i guess.....
Old May 21, 2012, 08:25 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
full speed pass 20 feet up right in front of me........ banked and gave it elevator, then it just stopped turning and the elevator started flapping....... ! karma and a weak clevis i guess.....
it is out of warranty...so that's that...
I have heard of HH replacing planes, but I don't even know how they justify which ones they replace and which ones they don't- I mean, 90% of cases, it's just the customers words. Like in your case, it could of been dumb thumbs...I mean how do you prove it's a broke clevis?

but one thing though I've learn through the years...if you buy RTF, most of the electronics, and hardware is crap. so either don't buy RTF or replace any weak/crappy parts.
Old May 21, 2012, 08:30 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyplugs View Post
I have gone down every road i can with them back and forth time and time again..i asked to speak with a manager i was told your not going to get a response for a min of 36 business hours???? are you kidding me really are you kidding me
Is your radio still in warranty? HH has been known to fix radios at no charge even if it's out of warranty.

Keep trying...and most important, talk nicely...they're more likely to respond positively.

In my younger years when I worked in retail, I would purposely delay customers that were complete ....and helped those that were nice.
Old May 21, 2012, 08:34 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Quote:
it is out of warranty...so that's that...
I have heard of HH replacing planes, but I don't even know how they justify which ones they replace and which ones they don't- I mean, 90% of cases, it's just the customers words. Like in your case, it could of been dumb thumbs...I mean how do you prove it's a broke clevis?

but one thing though I've learn through the years...if you buy RTF, most of the electronics, and hardware is crap. so either don't buy RTF or replace any weak/crappy parts.
yes.......lol...... i put on my best sad little kid act too (im 15) and i told him it was my birthday present and i really love then plane etc etc...........
Old May 21, 2012, 09:13 PM
Balsa&Tissue
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Jan 2011
2,523 Posts
since you are tapping very lightly near the switch it certainly looks like you may have an intermittent connection at or near the switch. Could be a cold solder joint or just a poor connection. It sure doesn't look like it is related to the antenna.

Best wishes.....
payne9999 is offline Find More Posts by payne9999
Old May 21, 2012, 10:00 PM
ARFs make me BARF
United States, MI, Roseville
Joined Dec 2000
8,937 Posts
LOL, you seriously want them to warrrant a CLEVIS??????? Hahahahahaha, how about responsibility? Go over your plane and it's structure/connections once in a while.
So you guy think that every time a model crashes that YOU determine not to be pilot error, the mfr should fix it, for the life of the product? get real, NOBODY does that guys, 'cept maybe Craftsman.
mrittinger is offline Find More Posts by mrittinger
Old May 21, 2012, 10:21 PM
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
1,072 Posts
I have had nothing but GOOD results with HH. My 9303 was dropped, and they knew it, and repaired and checked it out at NO CHARGE, not even shipping. In the past 2 yrs, they have replaced 2 Rxx , with no ? asked. I can not expect more. Roy Flying since 1959 AMA #8045
Mr. foambuilder is offline Find More Posts by Mr. foambuilder
Old May 21, 2012, 10:35 PM
United States, Mt, Libby
Joined Nov 2007
1,416 Posts
I've had HH repair,update, and ship back 3 RXs, that were out of warranty, for no charge. One of them was from a crashed plane and I told them it was.
No complaints from me.
Herman Munster is offline Find More Posts by Herman Munster
Closed Thread