HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 21, 2012, 04:30 PM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
4,606 Posts
Discussion
what size connectors

is there a way to learn what size connector is the right for a certain motor?
for instance, park 300 motors come with 2mm golden bullets.
like the watts-amps of a motor to diameter of the connectors or what?
i don't want to use something that is too small and can't take the load,but neither overdo it.
or there are charts or formulas? link?
thanks
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2012, 04:56 PM
Frequent Flyer
Orleans, MA
Joined Feb 2007
2,056 Posts
Electrically, it's probably not too critical. A 2, 3 or 4-mm bullet will probably cover most of the needs encountered by modelers. Even a 2-mm bullet can handle many amperes of current. Mechanically, it is probably more important (or necessary) to choose a bullet size that is compatible with the wire gauge used on the motor. This will ensure a good fit in the bullet connector and a strong soldered connection in addition to somewhat better current-carrying capacity.
whitecrest is online now Find More Posts by whitecrest
Old May 21, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined Jul 2007
4,606 Posts
2 mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecrest View Post
Electrically, it's probably not too critical. A 2, 3 or 4-mm bullet will probably cover most of the needs encountered by modelers. Even a 2-mm bullet can handle many amperes of current. Mechanically, it is probably more important (or necessary) to choose a bullet size that is compatible with the wire gauge used on the motor. This will ensure a good fit in the bullet connector and a strong soldered connection in addition to somewhat better current-carrying capacity.
thank you very much. i had the feeling that 2mm bullets can handle a lot, but needed some expert's confirmation. i have standardized my stuff to 2mm from the beginning and am trying to stay with that. as you say, as long as the wiring used fits.
regards
Old May 21, 2012, 05:23 PM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,656 Posts
Here is a google translation of a German page that has a very useful comparison on a lot of the common connectors used in RC:

http://tinyurl.com/7zz8faa

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
RCG Plus Member
Old May 21, 2012, 06:10 PM
Joined Jul 2007
4,606 Posts
good input

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerbes View Post
Here is a google translation of a German page that has a very useful comparison on a lot of the common connectors used in RC:

http://tinyurl.com/7zz8faa

Jack
very interesting. thank you