Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by OLDFIN, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 21, 2012, 01:37 PM
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined May 2012
4 Posts
Discussion
Electric newbie with twin kit.

I have decided to finally get started on my Pica Duellist 240 which I bought in about '92. The kit called for twin .40 nitro engines, so first question is size of motors, ESC and battery packs. From what I have read and seen, it should be a good electric flier, weighting in at about 8 pounds. I see in the wing build that I need to figure out landing gear and wiring before I close them up (Fully sheathed). Probably that will cause me to do the Fuselage first, modifying it to accommodate batteries or ESC. Plans do not show access hatch, so I need to create one.
Does anyone recommend preferred placement in the nacelles of batteries or ESC?
OLDFIN is offline Find More Posts by OLDFIN
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2012, 07:03 PM
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined May 2012
4 Posts
PICA Duellist

Trying to figure it all out, I have started the wing, with slight mods. I have not done much to lighten it, but will go to thin skins and nylons as glass cloth.
I am planning on slight decrease in dihedrial from plans.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Also hope this works right in the forum.
OLDFIN is offline Find More Posts by OLDFIN