HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jun 13, 2012, 03:07 PM
Joined May 2012
54 Posts
yes i think so , i m going to by the aluminum arms from the guy after my first testing , lets see any different between the Carbon Fiber and Alumminum. =)
SunnyHK is offline Find More Posts by SunnyHK
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:47 PM
Joined Jun 2012
26 Posts
I bought one of ebay. 148 dollars shipped. Will post pictures and build. If I ever get it....I plan on using a APM 2.0 on it.

Has anyone ever thought to use a three axis gimbal like the use on professional steady cams. High end steady cams have build in weight shifting mechanism to control pan and tilt. The spring system seems, i don't know, error prone. Also, it seems the two axis system on this and the Ecilop are unnecessarily complex.

The kind of systems will work much better with heaver cameras than the light 300-400 gram setups currently being used. I bet a DSLR will really shine on them.

Anyway, great group.

To be honest I bought this more for research than use.
icbribob is offline Find More Posts by icbribob
Old Jun 13, 2012, 06:14 PM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Ulverstone
Joined Aug 2004
2,055 Posts
Doesn't like like junk to me. Parts look to be nicely cut. Everything is on ball races. Some of the hardware looks strangely familiar. Similar to a couple of small folding quads I bought from a chinese seller some time ago.
Please keep us updated SunnyHK ....
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Jun 13, 2012, 06:44 PM
Joined Dec 2010
789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icbribob View Post
I bought one of ebay. 148 dollars shipped. Will post pictures and build. If I ever get it....I plan on using a APM 2.0 on it.

Has anyone ever thought to use a three axis gimbal like the use on professional steady cams. High end steady cams have build in weight shifting mechanism to control pan and tilt. The spring system seems, i don't know, error prone. Also, it seems the two axis system on this and the Ecilop are unnecessarily complex.

The kind of systems will work much better with heaver cameras than the light 300-400 gram setups currently being used. I bet a DSLR will really shine on them.

Anyway, great group.

To be honest I bought this more for research than use.
Hey your the first guy I've heard mention anything about a APM2 since a friend of mine bought one and never did fart around with it enough to see if it flies well. Have you got yours working well? I'm curious to hear more about this fc.

Keith Frikkin' Morris
drumbum961 is offline Find More Posts by drumbum961
Old Jun 13, 2012, 07:04 PM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelico View Post
Yup that was my first week of owning the ecilop. Have since got the set up more dialed.

Here is some completely raw footage on a windy night (yaw gains on the gaza are out sorry): https://vimeo.com/42370904

And the next day I shot some aerials for a wakeboard video: https://vimeo.com/42613396

All videos have ZERO post production stabilization. I think that with the correct setup this hexacopter could have similar performance. Although at this stage I would buy the Ecilop first as its a proven product before thinking about the chinese hexa version.

That said I will be first in line for one of these bad boys when they become available.
I'm so jealous of the videos coming out of Aus and NZ! Here in the US you'd need an FAA physical, proof of $100,000 insurance and a signed letter from the chairman of the Dept. of Agriculture to even connect batteries to a flying unmanned object over people's heads. Such a litigious place.
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:25 PM
Joined May 2012
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d View Post
Well, I do not think you need to be in a hurry with assembly instructions but please ask the owner to prepare some assembly manual perhaps in PDF format downloadable via his website because I think people will need it when buying this frame. It looks promising but it looks like there is a lot of small parts and it is good to have some instructions how to assemble it correctly.
Fianlly , i got the assembly manual pdf from the guy (MR) but that is not the eng manual. i will try to assemble first and share with you guys. also ask him prepare the english manual as well. stay tunned !
Old Jun 14, 2012, 01:49 AM
Vilnius, Lithuania (EU)
Joined May 2009
576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiVidesign View Post
We would like to introduce our new affordable Steadicam HEXA Mini 650 (Professional Aerial Filming System)
Your drone has a separate third axis for camera tilting:

This is a good idea, but when the camera tilts, the counterweight will become unbalanced and will cause rocking. If you want to rotate the camera on a separate axis, the center of mass of the part being rotated must lie exactly on the rotation axis. Here is an example:

Zaitsevsky is offline Find More Posts by Zaitsevsky
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Zaitsevsky; Jun 14, 2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 01:54 AM
Vilnius, Lithuania (EU)
Joined May 2009
576 Posts
I have noticed that the prototype has an electronic stabilization block installed on the stabilized part of the platform. This is fine as long as the block remains horizontally-oriented. On Ecilop Easy, the balance beam can be tilted, so it uses two separate gyroscopes instead of a single block for two axes (more details here).

Another option that helps preserve accuracy is to tilt the electronic stabilization block itself. An example of such a solution used in Ecilop-2:

Ecilop-2 did not have a balance beam and inertial stabilization was possible thanks to the large mass of the part being stabilized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icbribob View Post
Has anyone ever thought to use a three axis gimbal like the use on professional steady cams. High end steady cams have build in weight shifting mechanism to control pan and tilt.
A steadicam option with a controlled center of mass is an interesting solution that is worth trying.
Zaitsevsky is offline Find More Posts by Zaitsevsky
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Zaitsevsky; Jun 14, 2012 at 02:08 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 03:11 AM
Joined Jun 2012
26 Posts
It's in the works...allowing the boom to rotate in the center gimal will also allow for very smooth xyz space transition. Camera yaw will become interesting, but I think a simple brake on the central boom might work.

By the way Z. I really admire your work. I would have bought one of yours, but I can't justify 700 bucks for a "research project". You really cracked something open here.

My plan for the weight shifting is to have 2 small moveable weights on the counter weight (called the sled in steady cam lingo), one for each axis. I'm not sure gyros are necessary if done right... I have friend that has access to a high end steady cam that I'm going to inspect, and see what i can learn. He tells me the percise blance is key. I think your spring idea might help to damped the effects of a slightly inblanced boom. Also, I think an unequle boom is probably the way to go. The counter weight has less distance to move. Has anyone thought of spinning the counter weight?

Long term I would like to build a steady cam mount that can be affixed to any m. Rotor or copter.
icbribob is offline Find More Posts by icbribob
Old Jun 16, 2012, 03:59 PM
Joined Jan 2012
37 Posts
No video

I ordered a frame but I have bad feelings 'cause I haven't seen any video yet. Anybody has something to show?
Giorgiottero is offline Find More Posts by Giorgiottero
Old Jun 16, 2012, 05:35 PM
Joined Dec 2010
789 Posts
+1

I'd love to see some footage of one of these birds in flight and more importantly, some onboard footage.

KFM
drumbum961 is offline Find More Posts by drumbum961
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:21 PM
Philippines, Central Luzon, Marilao
Joined Jun 2008
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyHK View Post
Just wanna share with you guys who wanna have a look of this frame that i got today from mainland china, so pity that i have no time to play with it due to going out town this weekend.
I really find it bizzare that this got to production without an assembly manual.

Nonetheless parts looks good. HK looking forward to your build pics.

I really hope you did not waste your money as im also interested to buy it.

By the way i noticed it has 8 booms do you think it can also be an octo out of the box?
rukie is offline Find More Posts by rukie
Old Jun 18, 2012, 03:48 AM
Joined May 2012
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukie View Post
I really find it bizzare that this got to production without an assembly manual.

Nonetheless parts looks good. HK looking forward to your build pics.

I really hope you did not waste your money as im also interested to buy it.

By the way i noticed it has 8 booms do you think it can also be an octo out of the box?
Finally i got some time to build the the frame. i will try my best to upload more update pics for you guys to get more understanding of the frame.
Well, Overall. the frame seems work well to stable the camera , but some of the parts are weak and easy to break. so i just make some replacement by myself anyway. i will show some pics and explain later and will upload some testing video as well. (also , i just notice that MR has show some testing video today, it is uploading on youtube right, From the video,it really looks good to handle the angle.)
Here you go.
Mini650FlyingTestingByMR.flv (0 min 50 sec)
Old Jun 18, 2012, 04:20 AM
Joined Jan 2012
37 Posts
Cooooooooooooool

This is great stabilization.... Coooooooooooooool ! I can't wait to get my frame.
Giorgiottero is offline Find More Posts by Giorgiottero
Old Jun 18, 2012, 04:22 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2010
1,207 Posts
wow, this is great! You rock really hard the craft and the picture is almost still. This looks really promising, I saw so good stabilization only using really expensive gimbals.

Please, give us some closer images, some more onboard footage and some details how you connected all things together. Do you use extra stabilization board for cam stab? Or can I use Naza cam stab outputs to servos?

Thanks!
alek3d is offline Find More Posts by alek3d
Closed Thread