HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:26 AM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,587 Posts
you can see in this vid (i was trying to solve some esc problem with the vid) how flexy the frame is.
copterprob (2 min 44 sec)
AliB is offline Find More Posts by AliB
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:01 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel32 View Post
Why mini650 must use pure CF?
Because it's heavy, flexible and it's advertised as "carbon fiber" (and NOT glass fiber"). Feel difference?
ABLomas is online now Find More Posts by ABLomas
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:27 PM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
because frames need to be STIFF.. the mini650 is not stiff at all.
AliB
I'm ready to maiden the Mini650 tomorrow, but there is so damn much vibration that i'm not sure how it will go. I'm not gong to put a camera other than a HK HD cam which i can afford losing. All electric parts come vibration free from my H550. So, if it's not raining tomorrow i'll fly.

J
Ramnes is offline Find More Posts by Ramnes
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:34 AM
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLomas View Post
Because it's heavy, flexible and it's advertised as "carbon fiber" (and NOT glass fiber"). Feel difference?
How much does it cost?

At this price, you wanna pure CF? Are you trying tell us how bad the frame or tell us how ignorant you are?
kernel32 is offline Find More Posts by kernel32
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:51 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,652 Posts
Quote:
How much does it cost?
At this price, you wanna pure CF? Are you trying tell us how bad the frame or tell us how ignorant you are?
Wait, if it's advertised as "Carbon Fiber" - i want to get "carbon fiber".
Do not care about price, i wanted frame, but seems you're just another 'redlipshop' account - arguing about price and quality while ignoring facts...

So far - who cares how much it cost, if it's unusable? I would easy pay 200+$ for frame which could fly without lots of DIY, instead of tossing away 140$, due to flexible midplate....
(and yes, i have few other frames, including some "real carbon", so easy to compare).
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:27 AM
lao
Joined May 2012
106 Posts
贝兼老美的金戋就是爽 :d
lao is offline Find More Posts by lao
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:45 AM
Hong Kong, Sham Shui Po
Joined Jun 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Do not care about price, i wanted frame, but seems you're just another 'redlipshop' account - arguing about price and quality while ignoring facts...

So far - who cares how much it cost, if it's unusable? I would easy pay 200+$ for frame which could fly without lots of DIY, instead of tossing away 140$, due to flexible midplate....
(and yes, i have few other frames, including some "real carbon", so easy to compare).
Thats why i gave up and bought ECILOP.
fotogear302 is offline Find More Posts by fotogear302
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:02 AM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
743 Posts
I maiden the M650 today

I'm not sure if it was the frame or other things like pid values that maked me feel a bit more nerveous when flying today.

The first two minutes i had to get to know it and had a hard time levelling it, but when i got a few more minutes it started to be more ok to fly.
More ok to fly, doesnt meen that i felt confident with the frame or what ever maked it turn to all directions without me doing anything. The frame are not as stiff as the H550 that feels very tight and responsive to fly.

I' m gonna do some adjustments and try again as soon as i can. I know i cant compare the Crius MW SE card with the KK2 card which i have in the H550 frame, but i didnt think it should be so different to fly. It felt flimpsy to fly.

I'm waiting for a APM2.5 and will try this FC on this frame with the gimbalcontroller as this wasnt on today.

AUW=3kg

J
Ramnes is offline Find More Posts by Ramnes
Last edited by Ramnes; Nov 25, 2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:03 AM
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
Quote:

See this price before you order mini650,you think the frame use the pure CF??
kernel32 is offline Find More Posts by kernel32
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:11 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,652 Posts
Quote:
See this price before you order mini650,you think the frame use the pure CF??
Are you blind or what?
1st post in this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiVidesign View Post
This frame made out of Full Carbon Fiber with fold-able arm<...>
Quote:
Dividesign is my RCG ID, I am also the person introduce them to the RCgroups.
What you're trying to defend? How is price related to fake or real carbon fiber, could i see that relationship table? If no - just stop making pointless posts, thank you.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:50 AM
Frame Design & CNC
Hong Kong
Joined Oct 2011
115 Posts
Quote:
Are you blind or what?
1st post in this thread:

What you're trying to defend? How is price related to fake or real carbon fiber, could i see that relationship table? If no - just stop making pointless posts, thank you.
I stopped get invole with mini650 frame since June, MR fully given the reseller right to his ShangHai Friend which is chinabuy.com. Therefore, he is the only person in charge the QC, not me anymore. this thread is just keep the topic move on for discussion...

The original patch at this price used to be real carbon fiber, not sandwich, however, the newer patch changed to aluiminium as mentioned in the first post before. now i just know they changed to cheap sandwich which is disappoint to hear that...but I believe if more people give their feed back to chinabuy.com, they may listen and do some improvement...
DiVidesign is offline Find More Posts by DiVidesign
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:04 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
you can see in this vid (i was trying to solve some esc problem with the vid) how flexy the frame is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbDVNEeHOlQ
Sorry to disagree, but this movie shows nothing, and more, is misleading !
In real flight this so called flex does not appear at all, maybe if you load it with 3-4 kg, which is not the intended usage.
Now, let's analyze what is the source of this apparent flex: how is the arm mounted to central plate? First, the two pivoting points. That points are absolutely play free, I dismounted all four arms, to replace initial thin wall tubes with other tubes. Second arm fulcrum is the clamp part of folding mechanism, and this is the real reason of what can be seen in the movie ! That piece is flexible, right ? It must be able to enlarge to allow easy arm entrance and exit. Then, why should behave different when the arm is pushed up, other than enlarging a bit? and this 1mm play at arm root, becomes 1cm at the motor end, simply as this...
I can make you a demo flight of my copy, at eye level, to see it doesn't flex at all, and more, is as free of vibration as could be an average setup.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:37 PM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,652 Posts
Quote:
I stopped get invole with mini650 frame since June, MR fully given the reseller right to his ShangHai Friend which is chinabuy.com. Therefore, he is the only person in charge the QC, not me anymore. this thread is just keep the topic move on for discussion...
Thank you for explanation.
Seems that they changed materials on v2....
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Sorry to disagree, but this movie shows nothing, and more, is misleading !
In real flight this so called flex does not appear at all, maybe if you load it with 3-4 kg, which is not the intended usage.
Renato, you got v1 - it may be less flexible ;-)
I have completely empty frame. Loading motors (sunnysky V2216-12, so ~60g) on arm makes it go down by ~3mm. For 3kg copter it means avg. 500g per arm... If it flex 3mm from 60g, what it will do from 500g?
I tested with bottles of water, more than 1cm for sure. That's a lot!
My homemade copters with alu arms do flex no more than 2mm from such weight, and i still want to have less flexible arms ;-)

I have ideas how to fix part of that - sand a bit surface (glue does not stick to glossy surface) and glue 1x6mm carbon sticks with epoxy+MB. I did that with one gimbal - it works well now, does not flex, but looks really bad and such improvements require lots of time...
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:41 PM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,587 Posts
it is not slop in the mechanism. it is frame flexing.

they obviously feel there is a problem with the frame, otherwise they wouldnt have designed (copied) another frame so quickly.
AliB is offline Find More Posts by AliB
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:29 PM
Ireland, County Louth, Dundalk
Joined Aug 2010
115 Posts
Thanks to Alib i got ecilop mini 650 dosnt look well at all. I seen only 1 maiden flight witch looked good here. But unfortunately more unhappy customers.
LiutaS is offline Find More Posts by LiutaS
Closed Thread