HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramnes View Post
kernel32
Thats great man. Can you please take a lot of pictures of all part of the Mini650 and tell us about your setup with Wokong, gimbal, Tx/Rx, motors, ESC, batteries and any mods since the release of V2?

I see that you have placed your ESC's under the motors, and pushed them about 5cm(2") towards the frame. Is there a reason for that other than to little space on the frame?

J

Figure.

kernel32 is offline Find More Posts by kernel32
Last edited by kernel32; Oct 19, 2012 at 12:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:10 PM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d View Post
Anyone interested to trade Mini650 for my RM650 carbon fiber frame with original xAircraft bug shell and carbon fiber battery tray (not included in RM650) and spare arm? (just bare frame, not electronics or props) I can also add CF cam gimbal for extra $50.

If you own Mini650 and interested in trade, please drop me a message. I would like to experiment and need a base frame.

Thanks!
alek3d
For a week ago i would have traded it for almost anything. Now after doing some mods to actually getting a stiffer frame, and seeing that kernel32 actually flies this thing and have provided some picts i wouldnt trade it for anything(yet).

I just hope that kernel32 could shoot some more picts and videos of his Mini650 and have others coming with mods so the frame can evolve and become a good FPV platform.

J
Ramnes is offline Find More Posts by Ramnes
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:16 PM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2010
1,239 Posts
Ok, no problem, that is just an offer, if you change your mind drop me a message.

I just wanted to save some time, because I'm going to sell my RM650 and buy something, maybe Foxtech new frame. For my hobby purposes Ecilop is still too expensive. I would go up to $300 max. for the bare frame.
alek3d is offline Find More Posts by alek3d
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:05 PM
United States, IA, Mason City
Joined Oct 2008
292 Posts
Wow, there was actual wind in that video. No one seems to fly these multi's in more than 5 mph winds (which never exist here..), so it is nice to see moving grass, moving trees and still near perfect stability.

If this is replicable, I'll end up getting one of these.
Acorns is offline Find More Posts by Acorns
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:07 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,994 Posts
Is not the frame credit, it has gps, so was loitering.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Oct 20, 2012, 08:13 AM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Apr 2004
111 Posts
Hi all

I just test flew mine outside this afternoon.
It was rock solid and it even handled a little wind that was around.
It's looking very good and I'm just annoyed that the forecast for tomorrow and the next few days is not looking great.

So my next big challenge is setting the gimbal up properly .So for those who have gone before us; what words of wisdom can you share?
I've been playing around with it the last few days and I get a bounce on the springs happening.
I'm thinking that the supplied springs may be a little to tight. Because if the gimbal is properly balanced, then it should only take a little force to move it; that is, softer springs.
What do you all think?

P.S. I ended up hard mounting my camera to the gimbal and I've got no signs of vibration in the HD video at all. So my replacement soft mounts are working a treat.

Cheers,
Michael
katipo is offline Find More Posts by katipo
Old Oct 20, 2012, 08:58 AM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by katipo View Post
Hi all

I just test flew mine outside this afternoon.
It was rock solid and it even handled a little wind that was around.
It's looking very good and I'm just annoyed that the forecast for tomorrow and the next few days is not looking great.

So my next big challenge is setting the gimbal up properly .So for those who have gone before us; what words of wisdom can you share?
I've been playing around with it the last few days and I get a bounce on the springs happening.
I'm thinking that the supplied springs may be a little to tight. Because if the gimbal is properly balanced, then it should only take a little force to move it; that is, softer springs.
What do you all think?

P.S. I ended up hard mounting my camera to the gimbal and I've got no signs of vibration in the HD video at all. So my replacement soft mounts are working a treat.

Cheers,
Michael
Hi
Nice to hear of someone who made a normal flight with this frame.
The spring seems to tight on mine to, but i'm sure if we balance the gimbal like in this video(Ecilop)www.ecilop.tv and the "Video "Ecilop-1"(1,45 and 1,50 min), the bounce will go away.
I've been doing this for several hours today(it's a rainy day) and i've mananged to get my Crius MW SE to work with me(only gimbal). The next step is to balance the gimbal in horizontal and vertical direction. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Can you please share how you made your soft mounts.

EDIT:
Here are som more information on vibrations and swinging.
http://www.myresearch.lt/blog/onboar...iminatio-49723

J
Last edited by Ramnes; Oct 20, 2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:46 AM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Apr 2004
111 Posts
Ok I think I know what I need to do to get my camera gimbal working without the bounce.

I was trying to use my Naza controller's gimbal control alone. But after looking at the Foxtech videos for their new frame the Glyder 600 as well as the ECILOP. I see that it looks like you have to also run gyros on the two axis of the gimbal arm, in combination with the Naza controller.

So the Naza controller handles the overall levelling and tilting of the arm, and then the gyros provide the quick fine response needed for the bounce elimination.

This is probably obvious to everyone else, but since there is so little documentation with the kit, I missed it.

So the next question is what gyros work the best. Do they need to be MEMS gyros or will the older Piezo gyros do?

Ramnes,
I'll see if I can find some time next week to describe how I moulded my softer silicon vibration mounts. Although it's a fairly simple process. It will take some explaining.

Cheers,
Michael
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:21 AM
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Ok I think I know what I need to do to get my camera gimbal working without the bounce.

I was trying to use my Naza controller's gimbal control alone. But after looking at the Foxtech videos for their new frame the Glyder 600 as well as the ECILOP. I see that it looks like you have to also run gyros on the two axis of the gimbal arm, in combination with the Naza controller.

So the Naza controller handles the overall levelling and tilting of the arm, and then the gyros provide the quick fine response needed for the bounce elimination.

This is probably obvious to everyone else, but since there is so little documentation with the kit, I missed it.

So the next question is what gyros work the best. Do they need to be MEMS gyros or will the older Piezo gyros do?

Ramnes,
I'll see if I can find some time next week to describe how I moulded my softer silicon vibration mounts. Although it's a fairly simple process. It will take some explaining.

Cheers,
Michael
Gimbal control output:
Roll channel ----> Roll gyro -->Roll servo
Pitch channel ---->Pitch gyro-->Pitch servo
The gyro must work in the normal mode(or rate mode),does not work in the headlock mode..
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:32 AM
Athens, Greece
Joined Sep 2001
1,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel32 View Post
Gimbal control output:
The gyro must work in the normal mode(or rate mode),does not work in the headlock mode..
Why you put between controller and servo the gyro?
What does it offer?
I haven't studied the ecilop so i haven't the slightest idea on that.
Thanks
tigar is online now Find More Posts by tigar
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:55 AM
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigar View Post
What does it offer?
Thanks
Wait a moment,I draw a picture.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:25 AM
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigar View Post
What does it offer?
Thanks
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:50 AM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Apr 2004
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel32 View Post
Gimbal control output:
kernel32

Yes I did realise that it should only be in rate mode and not heading hold as it's only there to stop the bouncing on the springs and any other slight sharp movements.

I guess my main question is, will a gyro like the hobbyking HK401 or GWS PG-03 do, or do I need to invest in a more expensive (and hopefully better quality) servo?

I've got some small mems gyros like the ASSAN GA250 etc. But like so many of these, you have to have a spare channel to set the gain/mode which makes them quite impractical for our use.

Cheers,
Michael
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:00 AM
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
kernel32

Yes I did realise that it should only be in rate mode and not heading hold as it's only there to stop the bouncing on the springs and any other slight sharp movements.

I guess my main question is, will a gyro like the hobbyking HK401 or GWS PG-03 do, or do I need to invest in a more expensive (and hopefully better quality) servo?

I've got some small mems gyros like the ASSAN GA250 etc. But like so many of these, you have to have a spare channel to set the gain/mode which makes them quite impractical for our use.

Cheers,
Michael
I use Tarot GY650 and 9257 servo.
In fact,your gyros can work well.
I use Y line to connect two gyros share one channel.
Last edited by kernel32; Oct 21, 2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:11 AM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
699 Posts
Using the Mini 650 with a videocamera

I'm going to film with a videocamera(Sony HDR CX570E/CX730) most of the time flying this hexa, but i need to modify/rebuild the cameraholder.

Does anyone have any good idea on how this can be done?

J
Closed Thread