HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:23 PM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
608 Posts
I'm wondering to give it up and buy another H550, and landing gear from Jakub and a good gimbal instead.
It was a good try but i think Ecilop have seen this all the time. It might come a V3, but then this guys needs to persuade all in another way than with pictures and silence.

Jorn
Ramnes is online now Find More Posts by Ramnes
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:12 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
i gave with it. the frame just flexed too much. motors moved upwards around an inch during takeoff.
You tested v1 or v2?

Mine is stuck for a month somewhere in China, tracking site works once per month, but... I hope it will be v2 with better arms. If not - well, let's reinforce everything, like i did with fake carbon ATG hex...
ABLomas is offline Find More Posts by ABLomas
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:41 AM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,557 Posts
the alu arms are fine, they have no flex.
its the frame which flexes.
same with v2.
AliB is offline Find More Posts by AliB
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:36 PM
Ireland, County Louth, Dundalk
Joined Aug 2010
115 Posts
I was reading a lot about ecilop, and it looks like all copies are crap. Thats why people cant bring you nice video shots over here as ecilop user have.
And seems there is no suport from the creator of this cheap frame.
LiutaS is offline Find More Posts by LiutaS
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:32 PM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
608 Posts
Has anyone managed to get the gimbal to work. I tried, but it seems like either the springs are to tight or the servos cant move them.

I tried with the Crius MW SE card.

Now that i have decided to go for APM 2.5 FC and buy a new frame i might mod something to get the gimbal working in some other frame/thing.

The creator of this frame was for a little while back on the PM as soon as someone said something negativ about his frame. Now that we hear nothing from him, one could think that he have given it all up.

Jorn
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:45 AM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
608 Posts
Last chance for this frame...

Hi
After deciding to not put any electronics on the Mini650 because of the feedback from other users in this thread, i took a better look at the frame last night and saw that there are six small holes which i guess are drilled for spacers(1,6cm) on places that could use some more stiffness.

Beside of that i also see that the CF part holding the rods for the landing gears is kind of loose and there are gaps between it and the frame CF part above it.
I decided to try doing something with this and bought som spacers and screws and will sand a little, then glue the gaps tonight and see if the frame becomes stiffer.

The motors and ESC's are coming this week i hope so it wont be able to fly it for the next two weeks i think, but it will fly!

I've not heard of anyone doing mods on the frame so if you have tried this, please let me know.

J
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:25 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Apr 2004
111 Posts
Hi All

Well I've only got to wait for better weather for me to do the maiden flight.

I'm a little concerned with all the talk of the flex in the airframe, but because I've come this far, I'll just have to see it for myself and report back.

One of the main modifications I've done is replace the poor and extremely hard vibration mounts which hold the camera gimbal frame to the airframe.
After searching for some suitable soft replacements and not finding any. I ended up moulding my own out of a soft Silicone gel.

I'm very happy with the results so far and with the camera also being mounted using softer MOONGEL Damper pads, I'm sure I will have no problems with vibrations and the dreaded Gelo effect.
However the proof will be in the pudding.

Cheers, Michael
katipo is offline Find More Posts by katipo
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:10 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,592 Posts
Ready to use for those fearing not having the skills:
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/lotusrc-t...raft-4pcs.html
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:14 AM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Apr 2004
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Ready to use for those fearing not having the skills:
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/lotusrc-t...raft-4pcs.html
A good idea, and I saw lots of others like them, but I don't know how I could get them to work on or fit our frames.

The ones I made have 3mm blind nuts moulded into them (using a special primer so the silicon bonds to them) just like the hard rubber ones we got in the kit but slightly taller, wider and of cause softer.
So they just replace the kit ones without any further modifications.

I got the idea from some larger ones I saw but they were only available in 6mm. Far too big for our frames.

Cheers, Michael
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:00 PM
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
http://player.youku.com/player.php/s...MzE0MTc2/v.swf
kernel32 is offline Find More Posts by kernel32
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:56 AM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel32 View Post
kernel32
Thats great man. Can you please take a lot of pictures of all part of the Mini650 and tell us about your setup with Wokong, gimbal, Tx/Rx, motors, ESC, batteries and any mods since the release of V2?

I see that you have placed your ESC's under the motors, and pushed them about 5cm(2") towards the frame. Is there a reason for that other than to little space on the frame?

J
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:05 AM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Apr 2004
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel32 View Post
Hi kernel32

Thank you so much for sharing your great video of the mini650.

It has helped put some faith back into the mini650 after all the talk about the flex in the main frame. It didn't seem to be a problem with yours.

The other point in your video that caught interest was the amount of wind you were flying in.
The long grasses were really getting blown about, and your setup obviously coped well with it.

May thanks, Michael
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:41 AM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
608 Posts
For what i can see from this film his using two gyros for cam stabilization, Wokong, FrSky Rx.
In the pict below there is some electronic device i have'nt seen before, can it have something to do with the video Tx etc.

Anyway, i''l be happy to see some pictures.

J
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:49 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,592 Posts
That card is the PCB side of the 5.8Ghz VTx. The opposite side is the heatsink.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:40 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2010
1,226 Posts
Anyone interested to trade Mini650 for my RM650 carbon fiber frame with original xAircraft bug shell and carbon fiber battery tray (not included in RM650) and spare arm? (just bare frame, not electronics or props) I can also add CF cam gimbal for extra $50.

If you own Mini650 and interested in trade, please drop me a message. I would like to experiment and need a base frame.

Thanks!
alek3d is offline Find More Posts by alek3d
Closed Thread