to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:32 AM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
587 Posts
Best place to put ESC,s etc

Hi
Can you please put out some picts of how/where you placed the electric equipment on the Mini650 frame V1/V2?

I have the Plush 40A ESC's and with the camera gimbal on, i dont know where to put them.
I'm thinking of making a power distribution board/cable etc. have someone made one og tried out something that fits on this frame?

Jorn
Ramnes is offline Find More Posts by Ramnes
Old Sep 23, 2012, 01:27 AM
Brasil
Joined Mar 2004
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAST View Post
BEWARE when you try to pay to buychina.

It redirects to a suspicious page with a bigger value.

My order is U$65.00 !!!!!!!!!

HEY BUYCHINA.

WHY DON'T YOU ANSWER MY E-MAILS????????

Send me a paypal link to pay my order.
FAST is online now Find More Posts by FAST
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:15 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,475 Posts
Yesterday I had another maiden attempt, went fine until a bit harder landing than usual, but don't imagine crash !
When walked to pickup the frame, was shocked to find two broken arms ! Not sure if was a landing in one of the arms, and I doubt, because the two broken arms are opposite, not neighbor, as supposed to find them broken if an arm landing !
As you can see from the pictures, the arms are cut surgically exactly at frame exit clips level, and you can see also the reason, the extremely thin carbon tube thickness, we label here such cases as "peel of onion" I measured and it is 0.43mm !!!
Now it's clear the reason of arms replacement, the initial design of this frame wasn't able to sustain even his own weight !!! I would add that the landing place was knee high grass !
I am balancing now between switching to Alu tubes, or ordering more serious 1mm wall thick carbon tubes, these:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mm_2_pcs_.html
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:23 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramnes View Post
Hi
Can you please put out some picts of how/where you placed the electric equipment on the Mini650 frame V1/V2?

I have the Plush 40A ESC's and with the camera gimbal on, i dont know where to put them.
I'm thinking of making a power distribution board/cable etc. have someone made one og tried out something that fits on this frame?

Jorn
See here my ESC placement.
Unwrapped them, paired two to share the same Alu heatsink, because in tests they were very cold.
Re-wrapped the two ESCs having an opposite direction of motor wires, so they are very close to arm exit hole, where motor wires should be routed.
This way they fit perfectly between the two central plates.
The two ESC pairs are connected together with an AWG14 cable mounted with zip ties on top of upper plate, having a battery plug in the middle.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:28 AM
Athens, Greece
Joined Sep 2001
1,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Yesterday I had another maiden attempt, went fine until a bit harder landing than usual, but don't imagine crash !
When walked to pickup the frame, was shocked to find two broken arms ! Not sure if was a landing in one of the arms, and I doubt, because the two broken arms are opposite, not neighbor, as supposed to find them broken if an arm landing !
As you can see from the pictures, the arms are cut surgically exactly at frame exit clips level, and you can see also the reason, the extremely thin carbon tube thickness, we label here such cases as "peel of onion" I measured and it is 0.43mm !!!
Now it's clear the reason of arms replacement, the initial design of this frame wasn't able to sustain even his own weight !!! I would add that the landing place was knee high grass !
I am balancing now between switching to Alu tubes, or ordering more serious 1mm wall thick carbon tubes, these:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mm_2_pcs_.html
Nice! lets see the upgrade kit they are sending. will it be with the same tubes?
tigar is offline Find More Posts by tigar
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:30 AM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,546 Posts
The alu arms are strong. But they bend in crashes and not break. But the frame is quite flexy. Significant flex just before takeoff. See if v2 is better because I have one in the post
AliB is offline Find More Posts by AliB
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:50 AM
Joined Feb 2009
563 Posts
Ok what do I need more to finish this? What gyros (how many). What servo's?
rwijnhov is offline Find More Posts by rwijnhov
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:12 AM
Joined Feb 2009
563 Posts
Oh and i have some ipower 2814 motors will they fit? they are the same size as all the other 2814 motors.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:17 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,475 Posts
Will fit, but too powerful, will carry at least 100 grams in motors steel and copper without any benefit.
Those are motors for 3kg ++ auw.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:28 AM
Joined Feb 2009
563 Posts
I know but I have them lying and love them because they are verry smooth. So if they fit i will order me the frame
Old Sep 23, 2012, 01:22 PM
Stockholm
Joined Sep 2009
291 Posts
This came up the other day, is it the "v2" version?
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/mini650-m...ount-ptz-.html
Jodde73 is offline Find More Posts by Jodde73
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:45 PM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodde73 View Post
This came up the other day, is it the "v2" version?
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/mini650-m...ount-ptz-.html
Jodde73
I dont think it is V2. The picts are not very good. V2 comes in a small box without the bag(mine did).
Take a look at the picts i uploaded earlier of the V2 frame.

About the bag for the V2 frame. I hope they'le put it out for sale on buychina with the possibillity to pay through Paypal. I was told it was $10, but i wasnt able to buy it maybe since i had no plans buying anything else at the moment.

Jorn
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:49 PM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
See here my ESC placement.
Unwrapped them, paired two to share the same Alu heatsink, because in tests they were very cold.
Re-wrapped the two ESCs having an opposite direction of motor wires, so they are very close to arm exit hole, where motor wires should be routed.
This way they fit perfectly between the two central plates.
The two ESC pairs are connected together with an AWG14 cable mounted with zip ties on top of upper plate, having a battery plug in the middle.
RENATOA
I like that solution for the ESC's! I just have to drill holes in the plastic so the wires can run inside the steel tube. Thanks!

Jorn
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:29 AM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Apr 2004
111 Posts
Hello All.

I'm just setting up my V2 Steadicam Mini 650 now, and I'm wondering what battery sizes I should run and where on the frame they should go.

So to all those that have theirs flying. What is your main flight battery set up and what kind of duration and AUW have you got?

I was thinking I could run a 5000mha as the counterweight pack and two 2500mha packs on the sides of the frame. Would this be to heavy or would a 4200mha and 2x 2100mha be ok or still to much? What do you think? what should the total flight pack capacity be?

Cheers,
Michael
katipo is offline Find More Posts by katipo
Closed Thread