HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 21, 2012, 11:10 AM
Joined Jul 2009
89 Posts
Discussion
Can Nitro fuel pump be used in my gas setups?

I'm converting to Gas. I have a manual fuel pump to pump from the nitro to the tank. I was wondering if I can also use this to pump my gas to my gas tanks.

Is there a specific cleaning method I should use, and or should I just purchase a new one?

How safe are electric pumps with gas setups?

Thanks,
Dennis
xDennis is offline Find More Posts by xDennis
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2012, 11:31 AM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
Some pumps willl work fine with gasoline but some won't. The cheap Chinese pumps may not use rubber products that will stand up to petroleum products. Robart had a pump out called the "six shooter" that would work. The rubber tube was more plastic than rubber and since it's mechanical no worries with a spark.

If you want an electric pump, you can find 12 v fuel pumps for cars at Summit Performance Parts. You will need one that has a outlet presure of 12 lbs or less.

Frank
countilaw is offline Find More Posts by countilaw
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 22, 2012, 08:53 AM
Joined Jul 2009
89 Posts
Sounds good. I've got one of those el cheapo tower pumps.
xDennis is offline Find More Posts by xDennis
Old May 22, 2012, 06:56 PM
Gas Only
USA So. Cal.
Joined Sep 2010
983 Posts
I have a Dubro that is good for either fuel. Do not use it back and forth though!
Fokker DII is offline Find More Posts by Fokker DII
Old May 23, 2012, 06:44 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
7,569 Posts
pumping station

I have twp pumps that transfer gas...The black one from Tower Hobbies is a pair of gears,that will pump most any fluid.I use it for gasoline,and smoke oil.
The Dave Brown Six-Shooter is a very versatile pump..The tubing allows many different fluids also,and it moves a lot of it !
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member