HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2012, 08:01 PM
Joined May 2012
1 Posts
Discussion
Msr X trim or no trim?

Hi,
I'm new to this and I bought a Blade msrx. At first I thought I'd made a big mistake but I can now take off and hover for a full battery life.
I've been reading a few things that confirm my experiences but one piece of advice I hear is not to use trim??
I have been teaching myself but I have found that I need to put right cyclic trim on it or when I take off it lurches very quickly to the left. Even with trim set I have to apply right cyclic.
Should I be trying to fly with all the trim settings neutral??

Thanks
Pete
petedawson is offline Find More Posts by petedawson
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2012, 09:50 PM
Joined Mar 2012
10 Posts
I have a MSR X as well and from everything I've read and seen you really shouldn't use electronic trim. The FBL system reads the trim input as unwanted movement and reacts to it accordingly. Instead what you should do is just the servo ball links to manually trim it. Actually, if I remember correctly the best way to properly trim the MSR x is to give it 3 clicks of rudder trim to disable the AS3X system and see where it wants to move. Land and then adjust the offending servo. I'll see if I can't dig up the thread that goes into detail about this method.

Here are the links: http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=372983 this describes one method of trim

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=379889 and this is another.

Hope this helps you out, it did help me with mine.
Acerty is offline Find More Posts by Acerty
Last edited by Acerty; May 20, 2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Added links
Old May 26, 2012, 01:00 PM
KK Tri Flyer
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Feb 2012
346 Posts
The mSR-X will pretty much always drift to the left on take-off, because of the large sideways thrust from the tail rotor. You'll notice that it leans to the right in a steady hover, so if it starts out perfectly upright on the ground it's going to pull left on take-off until it gets into the hover attitude.

All you need to do is give a short blip of right cyclic just as you lift off to get it into a steady climb or hover quickly. Don't use any trims, and don't touch the cyclic until you're about to lift off.
mattcro is offline Find More Posts by mattcro