SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by turboparker, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 20, 2012, 06:46 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,954 Posts
Mini-HowTo
Eflite UMX Carbon Cub SS - increasing elevator authority

The CC is a bit shy on elevator authority, so I decided to modify the elevator pushrod to see if I could get a bit more up-elevator for power-on & power-off flares. I'm hoping that it will make 3-point landings a bit easier. I cut off the U-bend & fabricated a straight section of rod to replace it. This reduces flex somewhat, and it keeps the pushrod from rubbing on the bottom of the horizontal stab when it's located in the innermost hole on the horn. It appears that I now have maybe 10% or so more up-travel. No flying wx, so I have yet to try it. Tomorrow looks like a great flying day, with a 3-4 MPH breeze blowing straight down the runway. I plan to shoot some flight-test video.

Here's a clip of the mod:

Increasing elevator authority on the Eflite UMX Carbon Cub SS (1 min 15 sec)

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; May 22, 2012 at 04:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2012, 04:47 PM
United Kingdom
Joined May 2012
220 Posts
Wow that is quite a bit of elevator throw you have now! I think i will try moving mine to the inner hole too.
This plane is ruining my sleep pattern, i'm getting up at 5am to make the most of the still air before the wind picks up! Soo relaxing to fly in calm conditions.
cheers
mygeneration is offline Find More Posts by mygeneration