HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2012, 06:39 PM
smoking91awd
United States, KY, Shelbyville
Joined Mar 2011
25 Posts
Build Log
First Tricopter build

Decided to build a tricopter, started working on it today and just thought I'd post some pictures and details

Here is some parts being used;
DT750 motors
Turnigy Plush 18amp ESC
arducopter Mega (APM1) board with magnetometer
3s 2200mah
11*4.7 props
RCexplorer V2.5 tail assembly
Hobby King 2.4Ghz 6Ch Tx & Rx V2 (Mode 2)
HobbyKing E-OSD 1
900MHZ 100mW Tx/Rx & 1/3-inch CCD Camera NTSC
Frame is also RCexplorer style, with wooden arms.

decided to go cheaper things time because it will be my beginner tricopter. I put my camera gear in my DT750 box afyer I put a couple of vents on it for heat exchange it should be good, just need to work up a mount for the box.

A special thanks goes out to the rcgroup members Wingnut13, Petronio, and dssaction. All three guys was great and very helpful, I would love to do business with them again (when needed).
smoking91awd is offline Find More Posts by smoking91awd
Last edited by smoking91awd; May 20, 2012 at 06:59 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2012, 08:17 PM
smoking91awd
Joined Mar 2011
25 Posts
Another Tricopter flight (0 min 41 sec)

Tricopter arducopter third flight (2 min 57 sec)

First tricopter crash (0 min 26 sec)
Old Jun 04, 2012, 09:37 PM
Bitten by the RC Bug....
India, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad
Joined Aug 2011
789 Posts
Did you like the build quality of the dt750 motors? I use them on my Quad and I feel they're too weak to sustain small crashes...

BTW, cool videos.

Vineet
vineet_p is offline Find More Posts by vineet_p
Old Jun 05, 2012, 09:23 PM
smoking91awd
Joined Mar 2011
25 Posts
well I have had two big rashes today off camera though , I was about 100ft up and the battery came loose and I only had to replace the two zip ties holding the motor on because it land on the left motor. Still no issues so if one does go bad I will buy more DT750s. I haven't had a problem yet knock on wood lol.

On a better note I am flying a lot better today lol just need to pick up more batteries for more time in the field.

Don't know why I lost power in this video but I got to take it out tomorrow and see if it does it again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Mnrci7jqyBA
Last edited by smoking91awd; Jun 05, 2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old May 03, 2013, 07:01 PM
Joined May 2013
2 Posts
Radio setting needed

hi,
Can you please share with me what settings did you make in the T6 Software (for the Remote system) for each of the 5 channels. I guess you used also Mode 2.
I built my tricopter but i am struggling to find the settings required for the radio. I am also using the kk2 board. I tried to find the settings myself but it does not work. When i give throttle than one motor starts to spin than i increase the throttle and the second motor starts and so on the third also starts when i am on 50 percent throttle. I guess that all 3 motors should start simultaneously!. I guess that the problem can also be not calibrated eSC but i doubt this. I calibrated them with the KK2 board pressing buttons 1 and 4 together....but the motors again start at different throttle level each. I would be very thankful if u can help me on this.
nikolaygenov79 is offline Find More Posts by nikolaygenov79