HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2012, 05:14 PM
Joined Oct 2008
5 Posts
Discussion
Two of my Four motors won't spin properly!

Hi!

I have a quad with naza and 4 tiger motors with 30a hobbywing funfly esc:s.

Have configured it all in the computer assistant but two of the 4 motors can't seem to decide which way to go! They just flick back and forth, CW and CCW. they wont spin up as their other fellas.

Its the two motors in the front. I've cut of the red wires from the escs into the naza to prevent their own BEC from working over the NAZA-bec.

I tried to rev them up almost fullspeed. Nothing works.

Do reversing channels in the naza assistant or transmitter make any difference? Right now all channels are reversed to be right in the naza assistant.

Should I fly in heli or Plane mode? Any special configurations in the radio I should make?

Please share your knowledge!
Heliupgrader is offline Find More Posts by Heliupgrader
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2012, 01:38 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2011
462 Posts
Try troubleshooting by plugging each suspect motor's ESC directly into Rx throttle channel, REMOVING the prop, UNPLUGGING all the rest, INCLUDING motor power, then ramping up throttle via Tx. Eliminate problems component by component.
good luck,
Jim
BTW, most setups use the 'plane' mode so that all the channel mixing occurs in the flight controller.
Jem3 is offline Find More Posts by Jem3
Old May 21, 2012, 02:12 PM
Begin with end in mind...
Eagle Lake, Minnesota
Joined Apr 2003
5,599 Posts

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post20706415
power is offline Find More Posts by power
Old May 21, 2012, 04:33 PM
Joined Oct 2008
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by power View Post
Jem3:

Thanks. I'll try to "draw a circle" around the problem..

I don't know what you mean with the link power? I'm not experiencing any arming probs!
Heliupgrader is offline Find More Posts by Heliupgrader