HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2012, 08:25 AM
Future Aviator
United States, VT, Fairfield
Joined Mar 2012
46 Posts
Question
Are VS tank controllers odd to use?

The Vs tank controllers look kinda odd to use or hard to get used to. Are they fine once you get used to them?
iloveflight is offline Find More Posts by iloveflight
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2012, 01:04 PM
Fly, Crash, Cry...
United States, CA, Placentia
Joined Jun 2007
511 Posts
Also odd that the King Tiger is the only tank in the VSTank lineup that uses the digital proportional transmitter. The rest use that funky push button controller. Weird...
hongrn is offline Find More Posts by hongrn
Old May 20, 2012, 01:39 PM
General of the Army
United States, PA, Sellersville
Joined Apr 2012
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hongrn View Post
Also odd that the King Tiger is the only tank in the VSTank lineup that uses the digital proportional transmitter. The rest use that funky push button controller. Weird...
Not true as far as I know hongrn, if not all tank versions yet, just about all the newest packages of VSTank Pro IR tanks from Toy East are coming with the new VTX-10 style controller, just look at Toy East's website here, Toy East VSTanks , or take a look at their various VSTank Pro IR promotional videos here on Toy East on Youtube, which show the new VTX-10 controller near the very end of the videos.

I believe there still might be a lot of older kits that still have the older billion button style controller because of back-inventory, which is why you still see the older controller coming with some VSTank kits which are being sold now. Soon, the only controller you will see is the new one ... that is, until they start coming out with an even newer 2.4GHz controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveflight View Post
The Vs tank controllers look kinda odd to use or hard to get used to. Are they fine once you get used to them?
iloveflight, I never had a real issue using the old controller, had my tanks since 2007, & they do take some practice to get good at using though, but I think that goes for any remote.

The new controller is supposed to be WAY better anyway, so the best advice I could offer you, is if you don't think you would like using that old push button style controller, & don't want one, then be sure the VSTank you are buying comes with the new VTX-10 style controller before making your purchase.

Regards,
Craig
badassforce is offline Find More Posts by badassforce
Old May 20, 2012, 03:53 PM
Future Aviator
United States, VT, Fairfield
Joined Mar 2012
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badassforce View Post
Not true as far as I know hongrn, if not all tank versions yet, just about all the newest packages of VSTank Pro IR tanks from Toy East are coming with the new VTX-10 style controller, just look at Toy East's website here, Toy East VSTanks , or take a look at their various VSTank Pro IR promotional videos here on Toy East on Youtube, which show the new VTX-10 controller near the very end of the videos.

I believe there still might be a lot of older kits that still have the older billion button style controller because of back-inventory, which is why you still see the older controller coming with some VSTank kits which are being sold now. Soon, the only controller you will see is the new one ... that is, until they start coming out with an even newer 2.4GHz controller.

iloveflight, I never had a real issue using the old controller, had my tanks since 2007, & they do take some practice to get good at using though, but I think that goes for any remote.

The new controller is supposed to be WAY better anyway, so the best advice I could offer you, is if you don't think you would like using that old push button style controller, & don't want one, then be sure the VSTank you are buying comes with the new VTX-10 style controller before making your purchase.

Regards,
Craig
thanks for the advice. im a sherman fan so that will be the one i purchase. God Bless the USA
iloveflight is offline Find More Posts by iloveflight
Old May 28, 2012, 12:13 AM
Joined Mar 2009
2 Posts
Dose anyone know if it would be possable to upgrade to the new radio and electronics?
I have four VS tanks, and can't stand that they are not proportional.
Ron V is offline Find More Posts by Ron V
Old May 28, 2012, 01:27 PM
General of the Army
United States, PA, Sellersville
Joined Apr 2012
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron V View Post
Dose anyone know if it would be possable to upgrade to the new radio and electronics?
I have four VS tanks, and can't stand that they are not proportional.
Hey Ron,
The VTX-10 Gold Stick Controller, which is available with most tanks now, is compatible with all tanks that have the newer MCU-10 main boards inside their tanks, but are not compatible with tanks that have the MCU-07 or older boards. I believe, though not anywhere confident enough to say 100% certain, that tanks built from either very late 2010 to maybe early 2011 up to now may all have the MCU-10 in them, even if some of those tanks were sent out with the older style push button controller ... again, I can't be certain when Toy East started to put the MCU-10 into all their tanks. It may very well been mid to late 2011 for all I know.

I cannot say exactly where to look for the identification mark on the small boards inside the tank either so you can correctly identify which version MCU your tanks have, & before you just order a new VTX-10 controller, the proper MCU chip must be determined or you risk purchasing a controller which won't work with any of your current tanks.

Though you can easily buy the VTX-10 controllers from numerous places separately, I'm not sure you can just buy the electronics from Toy East or one of their vendors separately to do your own upgrade of the MCU to make them compatible with the VTX-10, but you could try sending some emails directly & asking about it. Toy East's email response is unfortunately very spotty & usually very slow regardless of whether you even do get a response.

Send Toy East an email inquiring, but also try sending a few vendors the same email too, such as ArtisticHobbies.com (& similar vendors), hopefully you will get at least one response which can answer your questions perfectly.

Not to open a can of worms here, as this is another area where I do not have experience because I only own 6 older (from 2007) VSTank Pro IR tanks myself, but your quest unfortunately also brings up another big question you might want to consider anyway ... are any of the VSP line of tanks with the MCU-10 even capable of true digital proportional movement with the VTX-10 controller as VSTank is advertising?

Though most people still agree the newest VTX-10 controllers & VSP tanks still provide a better experience than the older versions with the button controller, do a search on RCUniverse & Google for more info, as it seems even though the smaller VSX line may actually have full featured proportional movement, many sources indicated that with the VSP line tanks that had the MCU-10 in them, even with the new VTX-10 joystick controller, still did not truly have a full proportional movement.

Good luck.

~ Craig ~
badassforce is offline Find More Posts by badassforce
Old May 28, 2012, 11:27 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2 Posts
Craig,

Thanks for the info. I'll have to dig into it when I have some extra time.
Ron V is offline Find More Posts by Ron V
Old Oct 21, 2014, 01:00 AM
Joined Oct 2014
5 Posts
I have a vsp abrams M1A2 1/24 infrared brand new but I have not have the controller and I am looking to have one,the tank have a crystal 27.095 MHz ,and the board is a R-NM28-4 and the oyher number I can see on the board is 110228
if somebody know something about that that will help me,thanks
terminateur is offline Find More Posts by terminateur