HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2012, 06:37 AM View Post
Professor Motor
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Widespread). Show it to me anyway.
Old May 20, 2012, 06:55 AM
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Apr 2007
1,138 Posts
That's a very good observation professor, but these are all commercial operations so I don't think we can expect them to be too impartial.

On the plus side, the actual consumers on forums such as RCG provide a lot of valuable and realistic product feedback which is often more useful than a biased review of a product by someone who has been given it for free.
DeeBee1 is offline Find More Posts by DeeBee1
Old May 20, 2012, 07:42 AM View Post
Professor Motor
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Widespread). Show it to me anyway.
Old May 20, 2012, 07:50 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,613 Posts
Only two posts and and having a go at MyHobbyStore, RCM&E magazine, and NICE, (totally irrelevant to RC).

You wouldn't happen to be sitting under a bridge somewhere creating threads that end up in the Bit Bucket ?

Oh by the way, your thread doesn't seem to come across as -"..open-minded, impartial, objective, even-handed, or unbaised, or have a lack of prejudice,...", either.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old May 20, 2012, 08:30 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Motor View Post
-And it is exactly the same with the magazine, "RCM&E", and also with the website "Modelflying.co.uk".
Nope it's not even close to the same. RCM&E and modelflying are not nor do they claim to be impartial government organisations providing advice and guidance. They're commercial organisations selling magazines and funded by advertising etc. And it's not as if their association with myhobbystores and now GiantShark is exactly hidden. You know about it and so does everyone else who takes any interest in RC modelling in the UK.

Now if you know of ANY RC magazine or website that publishes reviews and isn't funded mainly by advertising for some of the products it reviews then they might be considered truly impartial. Can you think of any ? Even RCG carries adverts for the products it reviews .

Steve
slipstick is offline Find More Posts by slipstick
Old May 20, 2012, 08:30 AM View Post
Professor Motor
Old May 20, 2012, 08:38 AM
fmw
Joined Jul 2009
1,955 Posts
He must have gotten tired of pointing out that all motor brands are made in the same factory. Each new user ID brings new issues.
fmw is offline Find More Posts by fmw
Old May 20, 2012, 10:03 AM
Owatonna MN 55060
Joined Sep 2005
1,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Motor View Post
-Am not "having a go" at NICE, at all -they are clearly a totally impartial government body, completely independent of any commercial interests ...

I was simply making a comparison of NICE, with RCM&E and the Modelflying website -which cannot be impartial, and are part of a commercial organisation. Because of this, they will be dictated to, controlled by, and governed with, the commercial interests of the overall MyHobbyStore organisation.
These guy's can help you with your problem. http://aspergersmn.org/
Gohmer is offline Find More Posts by Gohmer
Old May 20, 2012, 05:30 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,973 Posts
Professor (or should i say 'Alan' or 'Dr Levi'?)
So what does your finely tuned morale compass say about people who use a series of sock pupped user ID's to get around bans. Then use these bogus ID's to attack r/c retailers without declaring first that that they themselves have have interests in competing retailers?

?
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old May 20, 2012, 06:17 PM
homo ludens modellisticus
The Netherlands, GE, Nijmegen
Joined Feb 2001
10,855 Posts
Search for 'alan levi', on RCG, RCUniverse, Runryder, www.modelflying.co.uk etc.
He also owns, or owned www.allflight.co.uk = www.alebproducts.com

About Allan Levi, his methods, his long ban history, his astonishing motor 'knowledge', his spate of sock accounts (user names very similar to already existing names, thus abusing Dr Kiwi's sterling reputation), his e-mail harassments of forum members (at least five members, including me, with 4 addresses in my spam-list), his commercial skills as LHS owner:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1634901
and now/recently
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post21666314

Guess someone will be sending out another 100-200 e-mails again to RC companies al over the world, asking for my ban on RCG.

Please, don't report the messages in this thread.

Vriendelijke groeten Ron
Ron van Sommeren is offline Find More Posts by Ron van Sommeren
Last edited by Ron van Sommeren; May 21, 2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old May 20, 2012, 06:29 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,438 Posts
Quote:
Please, don't report the messages in this thread.
I'll second this. If Dr. Levi's posts get reported and subsequently hidden, no one can see the pure insanity he generates. Several of us can already spot him based on usernames and thread titles, but most folks are caught off guard and might accidentally get sucked into his BS.

He has a long history of casting honest, reputable businesses in his neurotic "they're-all-evil-and-out-to-get-us" light. Running a small business right now is hard enough as it is without vigilantes going around defaming them. He's also good at posting endless "facts" about subjects in which he's an "expert", most of which are total nonsense but believable for the average forum-reader.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old May 20, 2012, 06:45 PM
homo ludens modellisticus
The Netherlands, GE, Nijmegen
Joined Feb 2001
10,855 Posts
Too late, somebody already reported the messages. Maybe the good professor is committing ritual forum seppuku?
Ron van Sommeren is offline Find More Posts by Ron van Sommeren
Last edited by Ron van Sommeren; May 21, 2012 at 05:50 AM.
Old May 20, 2012, 08:48 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,469 Posts
I knew it was him when I saw a complaint as the title and it was posted by someone calling themselves Professor. That fits his MO.

Really mods/admins can you not IP ban?
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker