HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 01, 2012, 07:43 PM
ARFs make me BARF
United States, MI, Roseville
Joined Dec 2000
8,810 Posts
Reminds me of The BIg Lebowski when Dude got his car back from being stolen, and some vagrant peed in it, and his beloved Creedence tape was gone lol
mrittinger is offline Find More Posts by mrittinger
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2012, 11:40 AM
The Hun in the Sun
Canada, BC, Comox
Joined Nov 2003
7,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Martin View Post
And the girl left her Rx glasses in the glove box. Delighted me to smash them into the ground under my feet!
Fuzz
Although that would indeed feel good, I wonder if local optometrists could have cross matched the prescription with the frame style and come up with a list of possible customers. Or have I been watching far too much CSI?

Glad to hear you at least have the vehicle back.
vonJaerschky is online now Find More Posts by vonJaerschky
Old Jun 02, 2012, 01:17 PM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonJaerschky View Post
Although that would indeed feel good, I wonder if local optometrists could have cross matched the prescription with the frame style and come up with a list of possible customers. Or have I been watching far too much CSI?
Possibly. But if the Rhode Island police are anything like the UK cops its unlikely they would do that over some insured 'toys'. I once caught two lowlifes in the process of stealing my motorcycle - they were just screwing the slide hammer into the ignition. I gave chase and one threw the slide hammer at me, just missing my head. I picked it up (carefully so as not to damage any prints) and went straight to the police station. They simply weren't interested at all. when pressed, they said they'd give me a crime number if I needed it for insurance purposes.

Glad you've got your veeehickle (as I believe it is pronounced in America) and it's a bummer about the models!!
Colonel Blink is online now Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Jun 02, 2012, 01:37 PM
Big gov never Works
Skunk Water, Rhode Island
Joined Jul 2002
12,300 Posts
Thanx, guy's. They did a complete print recovery. What the outcome is..who knows. I;m going to miss my jets. Two were favs. The RBC A4 and Panther. But I have the plans! Shame about the Apache. It was a mean lookn' plane, with the shark mouth. But, I still have the Easy Built P-40 to finish.

Fuzz
St. Martin is offline Find More Posts by St. Martin
Old Jun 02, 2012, 05:10 PM
ARFs make me BARF
Joined Dec 2000
8,810 Posts
I think you still have PLENTY of models in your hangar! You're a prolific builder...
Mark
Old Jun 02, 2012, 11:27 PM
Big gov never Works
Joined Jul 2002
12,300 Posts
Your correct, Mark. I still have 6 jets left, and numerous prop planes, never flown. I have to say, the response for this incident, from fellow modelers, proves just what a good lot of folk's the modeling community is.

I want to thank all of you. Your spiritual strength is greatly apprieciated. Many emailed and PM'd offering to send me things, to help the recovery. Thank you! As much as I love building, I don't feel so daunted by the future. Yesterday, I went through the archives of unbuilt kits and plans. AMAZING!! I forgot many items. I even have a Guillows B-29, still in shrink!

Fuzz
Old Jun 02, 2012, 11:33 PM
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,043 Posts
Houses of the holy
http://www.amazon.com/Houses-Holy-Le.../dp/B000002J0B
Delicate sound of thunder
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...und+of+thunder
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:44 AM
Or current resident
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Jul 2002
4,720 Posts
Maybe sell that unopened B-29 kit on feebay and use the funds to replace some of your lost equipment? Have you seen what those kits have sold for?
Glenn
glewis is offline Find More Posts by glewis
Old Jun 03, 2012, 12:40 PM
ARFs make me BARF
Joined Dec 2000
8,810 Posts
Who's kit is it? I might be interested....
Old Jun 04, 2012, 03:33 AM
Big gov never Works
Joined Jul 2002
12,300 Posts
Quote:
Who's kit is it? I might be interested....
Guillows, Mark. I have had many offers. Saving it.

Fuzz
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:06 AM
ARFs make me BARF
Joined Dec 2000
8,810 Posts
Oh, a little too small for me Thought maybe it was Jim Youngs...

Is that kit out of production now?
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:12 PM
Big gov never Works
Joined Jul 2002
12,300 Posts
Yes, about 10 yrs now, Mark. IIRC, it's 49"WS

Fuzz
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:31 AM
Registerd Beaver
Australia, WA, Warwick
Joined Jul 2003
3,555 Posts
& I picked one up on fleabay recently for $148. I was the only bidder for some reason.
I'll replicate the bits & pieces and build a flyer out of it in a couple of years time.

Going price nowadays is $170+ for an open box, $260+ for mint un-opened.

anyhow good to hear your ride's back home mate, I did have a quick look around Darwin for you, but I got as far as the bottle-O and got side-tracked.
I gave up in the end cos I have no idea what it looks like...but it sounds like it was a big green pick-up? Oh well, the thought was there.

Phil
Smokin' Beaver is offline Find More Posts by Smokin' Beaver
Old Jun 05, 2012, 10:20 AM
Retired and Lovin' it!
United States, KY, Sturgis
Joined Jul 2007
2,481 Posts
Personal opinion. Anybody who pays that kind of money for anything from Guillow's is an idiot about money. OK OK! I understand collectibles but the ultimate goal of an airplane kit is to be built and Guillow's kits are crappy. Their plans are beautiful but the wood selection looks like they go out of their way to find the world's worst balsa. Yes, I have built a few Guillow's kits. The last one being the Stearman. But like I said, just my personal opinion.

Tony
tpfing is offline Find More Posts by tpfing
RCG Plus Member