HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2012, 09:23 PM
Big gov never Works
Skunk Water, Rhode Island
Joined Jul 2002
12,345 Posts
They already know, Mark. Besides, when they find out through the police report, it's fraud.

Fuzz
St. Martin is offline Find More Posts by St. Martin
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2012, 09:47 PM
ARFs make me BARF
United States, MI, Roseville
Joined Dec 2000
8,993 Posts
Right, just sayin Some people will risk that the thief took the keys so they can be reimbursed for the car-contents.Did they ask you if you left the keys in it or did you volunteer that info, just curious. Just do the right thing....
Are they going to cover it?
mrittinger is online now Find More Posts by mrittinger
Old May 21, 2012, 05:40 AM
Big gov never Works
Joined Jul 2002
12,345 Posts
I volunteered the info, Mark. I'm an up-front person. They never said anything about it. Just they were going to send the claim form.

Fuzz
Old May 21, 2012, 06:22 AM
ARFs make me BARF
United States, MI, Roseville
Joined Dec 2000
8,993 Posts
Any news from the P.D yet? I have a Mountaineer, they stand out so Im betting they find it, probably just abandoned.
mrittinger is online now Find More Posts by mrittinger
Old May 22, 2012, 10:42 AM
Delusional Wanna-Be
Boston, Massachusetts USA
Joined Mar 2004
1,177 Posts
Steve, I am so sorry to hear of your new vehicle and model airplanes and goodies being stolen.

For me one of the gut-wrenching things about this particular story is that a country store and its hang-loose / no-stress parking lot suggests a place and time that is all too lacking in this world.
John Rood is offline Find More Posts by John Rood
Old May 22, 2012, 11:26 AM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,972 Posts
My wife would verbally pound me into the ground if I left the keys in the car and had car and contents stolen. Hope you get all or most of it back. We had a home burglary years ago where the druggies/bums took stuff of sentimental value along with the rest that cannot be replaced.
E-Challenged is online now Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old May 22, 2012, 11:33 AM
Or current resident
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Jul 2002
4,773 Posts
Any word on your stuff? Usually if it's just a joy ride they would have found the abandoned vehicle by now.
glewis is offline Find More Posts by glewis
Old May 22, 2012, 12:21 PM
MPP
In Unusual Attitude Recovery
Danbury CT (DXR)
Joined Oct 2005
2,152 Posts
Fuzz, I hate that feeling, I had a Green Toyota pickup when I had a GF in the city. Parked it between a Mercedes and BMW on a St. Patty's night. next morning just gone. Figured it was the color green that did it. two week later after it got chopped, they said I could have the 3'x3' foot crushed block of metal back if I wanted. Bought a white one next.

The Apache will come back unless he tried to fly it. We all know your work in these parts and I will check the local shops to see if it pop's up.

Chin up Fuzz! and I hope all gets recovered and in tact.

Mark
MPP is offline Find More Posts by MPP
Old May 22, 2012, 01:03 PM
Retired and Lovin' it!
United States, KY, Sturgis
Joined Jul 2007
2,506 Posts
I just saw this! Best of luck Fuzz. I know this is tough. I really can't think of anything much lower than a thief. Makes my guts feel like their crawling around inside.

Tony
tpfing is offline Find More Posts by tpfing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: North Las Vegas 1971
Old May 23, 2012, 06:39 PM
New Boston, Texas, United States
Joined Jan 2003
2,593 Posts
Just checking in to see how you are doing?

Jim
JIMA is offline Find More Posts by JIMA
Old May 24, 2012, 03:27 PM
United States, KY, Bowling Green
Joined Jul 2011
1,075 Posts
Hey Fuzz,

It's been 5 days since you got ripped off, any luck on getting your things back?

If the police haven't found anything by now, I'm afraid you chances for recovery might be getting worse. I sure hope you have some kind of good fortune out of this mess.

Bill
Bill Smudge is offline Find More Posts by Bill Smudge
Old May 26, 2012, 05:10 AM
Big gov never Works
Joined Jul 2002
12,345 Posts
Thanx for your concerns and feelings, friends. Nothing has shown yet. Because he was a crack head, the insurance company thinks he may use it out-of state. They may find it stripped in NY. I had no theft on it. But home owners is covering the airplanes. The value is more than what I paid for the Mountaineer. So I'll use the money for another ride. And just acquire more airplanes as I alway's have. Slowly and build one at a time.

Fuzz
Old May 26, 2012, 07:53 AM
New Boston, Texas, United States
Joined Jan 2003
2,593 Posts
That is some good news. Glad you will be able to recoup some of it anyway.

Jim
JIMA is offline Find More Posts by JIMA
Old May 27, 2012, 07:44 AM
michigan jet guy
USA, MI, Caledonia
Joined Jul 2007
1,083 Posts
aw man just saw this fuzz that sucks but i'm glad you can recoup some of your loss. I lost everything in a fire once so i know how it feels. It get better. Phil
mrshea is online now Find More Posts by mrshea
Old May 30, 2012, 06:46 AM
Big gov never Works
Joined Jul 2002
12,345 Posts
Good news, Guy's.. they recovered my Mountaineer! No info as to the airplanes yet. I'll find out later. They found it sunday nite 12 midnight, on a street in providence. Reported in good condition. It in the Prov police impound. Have to go to Wickford State Plice barracks to fill paper work, then I can pick it up. No word on apprehension of thief.

Fuzz