HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 19, 2012, 04:51 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,220 Posts
Discussion
Problems with my 1.6 meter A-1 Skyraider: one missing part and one defective part

Had a couple of problems with my newly purchased 1.6 meter A-1 (green camo)Skyraider. Ordered it last weekend and got it on Thursday.

My order number is bh-222053.

The model arrived in good shape with no shipping damage, but there were two problems. My model was missing the prop adapter that bolts on the motor and my model came with a defective 80 amp TopFire ESC. The BEC portion works and powers the servos, but the 80 amp TopFire ESC circuitry was dead on arrival. (Interestingly, the ESC listed under the spare parts is a 70 amp ESC, not the 80 amp one my model came with)

I searched all packing materials and parts bags exhaustively and the prop adapter was nowhere to be found.

I tested the motor with a 60 amp ESC that I removed removed from another of my models and all worked perfectly.

Banana Hobby is currently out of both the replacement 80 amp ESC and the bolt on prop adapter for this model. I really hope that you will be ably to remove my missing and defective parts from another kit and send them out right away, so that I do not have to wait for you to have these spare parts back in stock, next month, or later.

I am heading off to a model event in a week and I really wanted to have the Skyraider ready to fly at this event, so hope you will be able to ship the needed parts right away so that the arrive by next Saturday.

With few exceptions, I have had great luck with the models I have purchased from BH and hope you can rise to the occasion and immediately solve this customer service problem and get me in the air right away.

I am also sending this information by PM.
Thanks for your time and attention.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Thomas B; May 19, 2012 at 09:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2012, 07:49 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Responded to your pm, we will be replacing the esc and sending the missing part.
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Old May 22, 2012, 12:15 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hobby CSR View Post
Responded to your pm, we will be replacing the esc and sending the missing part.
Thanks for the swift attention. I did get an email notice that my replacement parts would ship in 4-7 days. Was sure hoping for a much more rapid resolution, as I am heading out of town to a model event one week from today and had hoped to bring the Skyraider along. Unless you can ship right away, that is looking unlikely.

In the past, when I have had missing or defective parts from places like Horizon Hobby or Tower, they shipped the parts the next day, to try and get their customer back in the air and taken care of ASAP. I sure hope BH can rise to this level of service, somehow, someway.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old May 29, 2012, 01:08 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,220 Posts
Here we are 5 working days after your response and no shipping confirmation yet.

Sure would be nice if BH could respond to and solve problems at least as fast as they ship new orders. As mentioned, this is the standard of service given by the major players in this market.

I did manage to borrow a substitute prop adapter from a friend, so with that and the ESC I removed from another model, the model will be airworthy this week in spite of the missing and defective parts.

Looking forward to getting the parts when they finally get here so I can return the borrowed part ASAP.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 29, 2012, 01:36 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi thomas, i do apologize for the delay but it does take up to 7 business days for a parts request to be fulfilled, I can request it be rushed which I did, but I can not guarantee it as unfortunately I am not in the parts department or the one pulling the parts. i will definitely check on this for you, and stress that they get it out to you asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
Here we are 5 working days after your response and no shipping confirmation yet.

Sure would be nice if BH could respond to and solve problems at least as fast as they ship new orders. As mentioned, this is the standard of service given by the major players in this market.

I did manage to borrow a substitute prop adapter from a friend, so with that and the ESC I removed from another model, the model will be airworthy this week in spite of the missing and defective parts.

Looking forward to getting the parts when they finally get here so I can return the borrowed part ASAP.
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:29 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,220 Posts
I did get the parts late last week while I was out of town at a model event.

Thanks for getting them to me. I understand that things take a bit longer when you have to remove parts from another kit, but I still think BH could aspire to more rapid resolutions to missing and defective parts orders.

Nothing is more frustrating that spending your hard earned money to buy a new model have have the excitement of getting to fly it delayed by two weeks while waiting on parts to be replaced. I was able to substitute a part and borrow the other part from a friend, but many customers do not have those options available.
RCG Plus Member