HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 19, 2012, 10:24 AM
UFO Pilot
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Nov 2011
73 Posts
Mini-HowTo
POSTING VIDEO: A Beginner's Guide to Building an FPV Quadcopter

Fair warning – this is a very long video. I expect that only the most dedicated and hearty souls will see all of it. There is no new aerial footage, just Techinstein and me sitting in dark with a PowerPoint presentation, talking about the fundamentals of FPV multirotor operations.

We gave this talk at Norwescon 35 in Seattle last month under the title “Own a Drone: Build and Fly Your Own UAV.” It was aimed at a novice audience – people interested in getting started, but without any RC or FPV experience, so we cover the basics in depth. We also took a lot of questions from the audience. Check it out:

RFTC: A Beginner's Guide to Building and Flying an FPV Quadcopter (26 min 19 sec)

We owe a huge shout out to our friends at MediaFX Video Production in Beaverton, Oregon, who captured this talk and spent hours editing it down from a rambling 55-minute presentation into a much more concise 26 minute package.

Just in case you ever meet us in person, I don't want you to be disappointed – we're not nearly this articulate. The editor told us that she took out two solid minutes of “umm's” and “uhh's,” on along with all of the other detritus.

Don't worry – she left in enough “war stories” and inside jokes that you'll definitely come away from this video feeling like you've been to a con, without having to slip on a skin-tight Na'vi body suit or sweat it out inside a stormtrooper helmet all day.
Lucidity47 is offline Find More Posts by Lucidity47
to remove ads between posts