HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 18, 2012, 09:13 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,988 Posts
Trader Rating: 32
Sold
LPU Hangar9 J3 Piper 80-1/8 inch wing span - Slightly Used.

Local Pickup within Central Florida (Would need to transport this in a large Van) to meet up with anyone!

This is an early Hangar9 J3 Piper Cub with the following specifications:

Wing Span: 80 - 1/8 inch wing span
Wing Area: 850 sq.-in.
Weight Range: 6.5 -> 7.0lbs.

I purchased this from a nice older gentleman who travels between Florida and North Carolina and as we all call these Snow Birds.

This model has been flown just a flew times and then, it was sold to me and mostly inside hanging from my ceiling. I had all the good intentions of converting it to Electric after performing some slight work on the model but, I just could not seem to come around to this model so, I have decided to fund other projects that are taking up more time and $$$ so, I need to move this large lady of the skys!

This is an excellently built model and has the scale barn door ailerons and just need some cleaning, and scale work on the Lightening Bolt on one side of the FUSE and other minor work.

It comes with a GLOW FUEL Tank but, I am stating here that I do not know anything about GLOW so, you would need to check the tank and the model carefully before flying. It does not come with any Electronics, GLOW Engine or propeller. All hardware seems to be intact and ready to be populated with your own Electronics and Engine.

I have seen this same model in Videos and it is a sweetheart in the air and on the ground as well.

Notice the large balloon style main gear wheels!!!!

The first that offers me a cool $155 takes it and will meet up at least a radius of 25 miles from downtown Orlando, Florida. Again, I would need to operate a large Van and it will cost me for this type of model but, I just want it out of the way!

Okay fellas, hurry as I am ready to turn this over to my other good customer that bought me the two lovely .60 size F4U Corsairs today!!!

This gallery post is what inspired me:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1401243

Pictures of the Model being Sold in this Ad:

Sorry for the Bad Lighting on the following Pictures!!

PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by PittSpecial; May 18, 2012 at 09:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2012, 08:26 AM
Joined Feb 2008
346 Posts
Trader Rating: 81
Pm sent
screilly is offline Find More Posts by screilly
Old May 19, 2012, 10:48 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by screilly View Post
Pm sent
Huh? Never received your PM?

I sent you a PM and E-Mail notification so, you can call me ASAP in case you are still interested in this large J3 Piper from Hangar9 as a few already contacted me asking questions.

Call soon.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 19, 2012, 09:34 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,988 Posts
SALE PENDING!!!

This model will be brought to a perspective buyer in the morning for possible exchange of funds in CASH form.

Thereby, this model is SOLD pending Transaction.
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread