SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 18, 2012, 07:52 PM
Fly, Crash, Cry...
United States, CA, Placentia
Joined Jun 2007
511 Posts
Question
Question for Phil - WSN/Trumpeter 1/16 Tiger I Tank

OK, I would like to get my first IR tanks, saw this WSN 1/16 Tiger I on Phil's website, so instead of upgrading my current tank fleet (HL Tiger I, Panther G and King Tiger) to IR, doesn't it make more sense to get the WSN model? The link won't take you to the model directly, so you'll have to scroll all the way to the end to see it (Phil, when are you going to update your site to improve searching for tanks and accessories?).

http://rctankwars.com/Products.asp

Any recommendations from you tank veterans to this noob? Thanks.

Hong

Here's the link from Tankzone in the UK:

http://www.tankzone.co.uk/cart/16_wsn.htm
hongrn is offline Find More Posts by hongrn
Last edited by hongrn; May 18, 2012 at 08:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2012, 08:33 PM
RC Tank n00b
New Zealand
Joined Oct 2007
168 Posts
ir upgrade it

hongrn
While I don't own any WSN tanks general feeling is they're not the best runners
other may like to share their experance

T-34/85 Infra-red would be my only consideration from Trumpeter

Upgrading your current motor pool to IR shouldn't be that hard & it's the road I'm going down with my older Heng Long Tiger1 & PanzerIII + KV1 plus Mato Kingtiger since owning the Heng Long Jagdpanther super IR version I need a battle buddy or two

A N Z A C is offline Find More Posts by A N Z A C
Old May 20, 2012, 05:29 AM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,581 Posts
My LHS sells both the WSN Tiger & T-34/85 & if you want a highly detailed tank, the Tiger is a great buy for the price but will need some mods which Phil can help you with.

BTW, Trumpeter & WSN are one & the same. I've got 2 of the T-34s with one converted with Tamiya guts which makes it a great runner.
herrmill is offline Find More Posts by herrmill
Old May 20, 2012, 09:19 AM
Joined Jun 2011
130 Posts
I bought both the Tiger and the T-34. I don't like them and I feel I wasted my money. The controllers are different from the HL, my T-34 does not drive straight, I cannot find the battery packs any where so I have to use AA batteries, and they can't be used with HL. I would steer away and get a HL.

Bigjack
BigJack82 is offline Find More Posts by BigJack82
Old May 20, 2012, 11:48 AM
Fly, Crash, Cry...
United States, CA, Placentia
Joined Jun 2007
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJack82 View Post
I bought both the Tiger and the T-34. I don't like them and I feel I wasted my money. The controllers are different from the HL, my T-34 does not drive straight, I cannot find the battery packs any where so I have to use AA batteries, and they can't be used with HL. I would steer away and get a HL.

Bigjack
Jack,

What about the IR system? Can you comment on that? Thanks for your reply.

Hong
hongrn is offline Find More Posts by hongrn
Last edited by hongrn; May 20, 2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old May 20, 2012, 01:24 PM
Joined Jun 2011
130 Posts
The IR system works, but only between the WSN tanks not with the HL tanks.
BigJack82 is offline Find More Posts by BigJack82
Old May 24, 2012, 04:35 PM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hongrn View Post
OK, I would like to get my first IR tanks, saw this WSN 1/16 Tiger I on Phil's website, so instead of upgrading my current tank fleet (HL Tiger I, Panther G and King Tiger) to IR, doesn't it make more sense to get the WSN model? The link won't take you to the model directly, so you'll have to scroll all the way to the end to see it (Phil, when are you going to update your site to improve searching for tanks and accessories?).

http://rctankwars.com/Products.asp

Any recommendations from you tank veterans to this noob? Thanks.

Hong

Here's the link from Tankzone in the UK:

http://www.tankzone.co.uk/cart/16_wsn.htm
The Best way to get a hold of me is just e-mail me,,, fluegivation@gmail.com as I am not on the forums that often. I was hoping to update the website this year, but it does not look like it will happen. What I do have is the upgrade parts listed close buy the unit for sale, or request a parts, and I place order with RCTank.de so you can get in on those orders with me and same on ordering directly form them by saving on the shipping cost. Thanks for your interest.

Phil

RCTankWars.com
Blitzkrieg65 is offline Find More Posts by Blitzkrieg65