HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 18, 2012, 07:15 PM
San Bernardino California U.S.A.
Joined Dec 2009
1,328 Posts
Question
I just picked up the new UMX Carbon Cub SS

from E-Flight, & I got it "on the Cheap! How ever, It's in pretty rough shape!

When I called my "go to" LHS, they said it was so new that they don't have parts yet, call back Teusday ... It's so new they don't even have a price list for what thay can order!

I don't whant help from you-all with that, what I want help with, should anyone know, is, how the run a 2S battery with 1.5 Grm. servos that normally only are used with 3.7V systems, if the power is suplied by a 2S (7.4V) battery?

Do they incorporate a V reduction, or do they drop the amps.?

Well, it's quite an interesting situation ...

The wing came in 2 pieces, (broken, that is), & 1 ailaron servo has the 3 wires torn out of it, this is part of my question;
since parts aren't available yet, & since it looks like a 1.5 micro linnier sevo, will a chinese 1.5Grm servo for use with 3.7V systems work?

Laramie.
Laramie is offline Find More Posts by Laramie
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2012, 07:32 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,921 Posts
You need to use the same servos that came with it, they are designed to work with the AS3X system. There is a V reduction and the 1.5 servo will work but might fail even on your first flight which isn't good. I would try to re-solder the 3 wires back adding more wire if needed.
TODD
I R Irv is online now Find More Posts by I R Irv
Old May 18, 2012, 07:45 PM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
6,973 Posts
Note also that the ailerons have differential that is based on the servo itself. If you stuck, say, a rudder servo on the wing you'd have differential on just one side.

They have to use special servos anyway since the constant correcting of the AS3X system burns out the old servos very quickly.

Ain't no shortcuts! Or so we've been told from several sources old and new.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some Books About Flying