Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 18, 2012, 10:21 AM
United States, FL, Destin
Joined Aug 2007
49 Posts
Trader Rating: 18
Question
Classifieds listings

Have any of you, as potential buyers, ever had the rug ripped out from under you in a deal? I believe it's now four times in the past two weeks where I responded first with a "I'll take it, just need Paypal info", only to have the listing close out later and marked as "sold". It's frustrating when you've stumbled upon a pretty good deal, and this happens.

Now, I get it that the seller can sell to anybody they want, but to me, that's not very courteous to people who are first in line and are offering their asking price. Am I being outbid, even though I offer the price they want?!

Okay, I'm done venting
Titaniumklf is offline Find More Posts by Titaniumklf
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2012, 10:30 AM
Joined Apr 2012
74 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titaniumklf View Post
Have any of you, as potential buyers, ever had the rug ripped out from under you in a deal? I believe it's now four times in the past two weeks where I responded first with a "I'll take it, just need Paypal info", only to have the listing close out later and marked as "sold". It's frustrating when you've stumbled upon a pretty good deal, and this happens.

Now, I get it that the seller can sell to anybody they want, but to me, that's not very courteous to people who are first in line and are offering their asking price. Am I being outbid, even though I offer the price they want?!

Okay, I'm done venting
i would chalk it up as people i wouldnt deal with anylonger ! or even concider buying from . it shows there integrity is in question or maybe you were not as fast as you think you were when replying
highdezhelis is offline Find More Posts by highdezhelis
Old May 18, 2012, 10:35 AM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
Keep in mind that, just because you were the first to post, doesn't mean that someone hasn't already sent the seller a PM saying they will buy the item.
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Old May 18, 2012, 10:37 AM
Team Haiyin & Team HeliOption
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
187 Posts
Trader Rating: 82
Again?

Not that this has been brought up here four million times before but some forget that you cant tell if you are first or forty first when the seller can receive PM's without anyone knowing.
I have sold many items here and I get it when I see someone post a reply in one of my threads and I already have a few PM's sitting in the ole inbox. Then they follow up with a PM letting me know they are first and will take it. I hate to inform them that they are behind several others that want the same item and have had some get steamed but I will always sell my items to the rightful first responder be it in a PM or a post on my item.

I know there are some that sell to whoever they want and that is their right to choose, kinda sucks when you don't get what you want. Thats the american way. Freedom of choice. Aint it great?
Mahu is online now Find More Posts by Mahu
Old May 18, 2012, 10:39 AM
United States, FL, Destin
Joined Aug 2007
49 Posts
Trader Rating: 18
I generally post directly in the thread to show who's involved in the deal. I guess, should the deal go awry, everything is there in print. Usually, "I'll take it", then "Payment sent".
Titaniumklf is offline Find More Posts by Titaniumklf
Old May 18, 2012, 10:42 AM
some call me macgyver....
United States, OK, Shawnee
Joined Feb 2012
726 Posts
Trader Rating: 147
It could b that someone is ahead of u. R u posting that on the ad. Or in pm?? A lot of people just go straight pm. I know I do. Or in a case that I know the guy n have done business with him a lot ill just shoot paypal to him n he ships. But it happens alot. N a lot of people would rather sell to someone they know not going to throw a fit if something little is wrong with the item. That's just my opinion. Now if someone gives u paypal address n u don't pay for 2 or 3 day they might have thought u backed out. There is a lot of that on here. Just hang in there Ull start catching the deals. It's all about timing...
bethelflier8036 is offline Find More Posts by bethelflier8036
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: my son is cancer free
Old May 18, 2012, 10:49 AM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
Quote:
I generally post directly in the thread to show who's involved in the deal. I guess, should the deal go awry, everything is there in print. Usually, "I'll take it", then "Payment sent".
You do, but many others do not. I usually send a PM immediately for anything I want and then post in the thread. But, I have sent PMs without posting in the thread too. The whole "First in line" and "Second in line" stuff is just silly... There is no line.
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Old May 18, 2012, 10:52 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2011
175 Posts
Trader Rating: 32
As stated in RCG guidelines, sellers can sell to who (whom?) they want. There are no "dibs", unless the seller states that in their ad. People can PM or post in the ad itself, or both. You don't know who contacted the seller first. I speak for myself when I say I don't NEED any of this stuff, it is a luxury, and if I miss out on a deal or someone changes their mind, it doesn't affect whether my kids eat or have a place to sleep.
SLOPERDUDE is offline Find More Posts by SLOPERDUDE
Old May 18, 2012, 11:23 AM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOPERDUDE View Post
if I miss out on a deal or someone changes their mind, it doesn't affect whether my kids eat or have a place to sleep.
I think it might in this case
Error 37 Rage, Error 3006 Rage, Diablo 3 Rage! (1 min 42 sec)
Syner01 is offline Find More Posts by Syner01
Old May 18, 2012, 01:15 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
955 Posts
Trader Rating: 50
Quote:
FWIW, in a classified listing the seller can delete any post he wants AND he can edit his sale post, so posting in that thread really isnt going to help you. PM'ing with the sellers post is the best way for you to have a record of the deal since the seller cant modify your PM box...

Also most sales go down privately in PM's not openly in a public forum.
pach is offline Find More Posts by pach
Old May 18, 2012, 01:31 PM
some call me macgyver....
United States, OK, Shawnee
Joined Feb 2012
726 Posts
Trader Rating: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
FWIW, in a classified listing the seller can delete any post he wants AND he can edit his sale post, so posting in that thread really isnt going to help you. PM'ing with the sellers post is the best way for you to have a record of the deal since the seller cant modify your PM box...

Also most sales go down privately in PM's not openly in a public forum.

Exactly. Pm is the best way to get ahold of them n make a deal. Just pm them if they don't hit u back n u see it is sold u just missed out. Stuff around here goes fast. If u want it bad I bet there is someone out there wanting it just as bad. I have found that if I miss a deal there is another one or better right around the corner. Make friends cause some will help u out where they can. N give u good deals on the stuff ur looking for.
bethelflier8036 is offline Find More Posts by bethelflier8036
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: my son is cancer free
Old May 18, 2012, 01:32 PM
United States, NH, Suncook
Joined Oct 2010
432 Posts
Trader Rating: 133
some post the same ad in other sites so there could be a sale going on you don't even know about elsewhere
sagomon is offline Find More Posts by sagomon
Old May 18, 2012, 04:18 PM
USA, WV, Parkersburg
Joined Jun 2007
912 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syner01 View Post
I think it might in this case
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsqUZkmO-zk
That's one of the funniest videos I've seen in a long time.
Thanks for the laugh.
Garrett
Garrett1234567 is offline Find More Posts by Garrett1234567
Old May 18, 2012, 04:59 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,890 Posts
Trader Rating: 603
Ditto! That boy speaks the truth, the whole truth, and nuthin but the truth!
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old May 18, 2012, 06:16 PM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
Glad I could help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett1234567 View Post
That's one of the funniest videos I've seen in a long time.
Thanks for the laugh.
Garrett
Syner01 is offline Find More Posts by Syner01