HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:12 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Aug 2010
2,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by biskit View Post
Both! I've got an ice 100 for it. I'm hoping the 1112/4s/5.25x6.25 will be right at 100a static and easily last in-flight with decent cooling and tickle 200mph. I think the medusa might be a bit too much except in bursts without going down a prop size or two. I was just looking for some more info since I don't have a suitable 4s or 5s battery to test for myself. Don't want to order a battery until I'm sure it'll fit.

Getting a red(pink?!) without flaps. Alan at SUSA said basically what I got from this thread, it's a great plane but lacks some of the finish details of the $$$ planes. Sounds like just the sort of plane I like!

If it helps anybody, he also said ds09 servos stick up just a bit at the aft end of the servo opening.
That setup on 4 cells will not do the trick,yes it will be a blast to fly,but 170's will be your home (more with big dives of course) Take that 1112/2.5 and play with the 4.75X4.75,5X5,5.2X5.2 props on a 2250 5cell....It will be the only way to get it cooking if those are the speeds you are looking for....With having the ICE,you will know when you are pushing.but the 4.75X4.75 will for sure be a full throttle whole flight fun machine.....On a side note,the Jolt for the price is an amazing deal,all planes get chitty looking in no time anyway,just takes 1 or 2 missed landings ; )
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:31 PM
United States, AL
Joined Apr 2007
821 Posts
Only 170 you think huh? krproton has some good data points on his viper that would make me hope for more than that. The ecalc shows right at 200mph pitch speed, and it's dead on for RPM in my experience. It's not too great with current though, which is my concern. I have a strong preference for larger, slower props. I'm thinking I'll buy a cheap hobbycity 4s to try out. If it works well then buy a nice pack, if not repeat with a cheap hobbycity 5s. Regardless, the fastest plane I've had has been around 140mph so it should be a good jump either way.

PS voodoo: when you post data about your planes you should include details! Your posts about your swist are difficult to follow with your daily setup changes! I've tried reading back and I often can't deduce what exactly you are using.
biskit is offline Find More Posts by biskit
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:04 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,679 Posts
Quote:
Only 170 you think huh? krproton has some good data points on his viper that would make me hope for more than that. The ecalc shows right at 200mph pitch speed, and it's dead on for RPM in my experience. It's not too great with current though, which is my concern. I have a strong preference for larger, slower props. I'm thinking I'll buy a cheap hobbycity 4s to try out. If it works well then buy a nice pack, if not repeat with a cheap hobbycity 5s. Regardless, the fastest plane I've had has been around 140mph so it should be a good jump either way.

PS voodoo: when you post data about your planes you should include details! Your posts about your swist are difficult to follow with your daily setup changes! I've tried reading back and I often can't deduce what exactly you are using.
Good,then it is working Anybody can fell free to send me a PM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:06 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,679 Posts
Quote:

KRProton has a Neu 1115/xx on 5S
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:09 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,679 Posts
Quote:

I was doing some speed runs with my Swist yesterday...With Neu 1115/1Y,4.75X4.75,2700mah 65C TP 5cell....I could not break 200mph flat and level....is that some good data
Last edited by VooDoo Child; Sep 12, 2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:40 PM
United States, AL
Joined Apr 2007
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
KRProton has a Neu 1115/xx on 5S
That 1115/2.5d on 5s is pretty close to 1112/2.5d on 4s except the 1112 is bit higher resistance so should be a tad less power right? He got 202mph or something like that....

I think I have a line on a 4s pack I can borrow this weekend. Hopefully I can try both motors and get a few numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child
With Neu 1115/1Y,4.75X4.75,2700mah 65C TP
You did it again! I'm assuming that's on 5s?
biskit is offline Find More Posts by biskit
Old Sep 12, 2012, 03:10 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,541 Posts
VooDoo, was there not a Viper doing like around 220mph with 4s,,,, maybee the Viper is much faster airframe then the other ??

Or ?
sebbe is online now Find More Posts by sebbe
Last edited by sebbe; Sep 12, 2012 at 03:51 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 03:14 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,541 Posts
biskit, the best way is to find out yourself, when you get the plane flying good, make same lowpasses and doppler, sometimes it will surprise you (going faster)..

I didnt think my Escape on 4s lipos would do 180mph, but it did, and that with a cheep motor..
sebbe is online now Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:00 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,679 Posts
Quote:
That 1115/2.5d on 5s is pretty close to 1112/2.5d on 4s except the 1112 is bit higher resistance so should be a tad less power right? He got 202mph or something like that....

I think I have a line on a 4s pack I can borrow this weekend. Hopefully I can try both motors and get a few numbers.

I am only using 5 and 6 cell setups,4 just does not cut it for me.5 cells is in the plane now.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:01 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
voodoo, was there not a viper doing like around 220mph with 4s,,,, maybee the viper is much faster airframe then the other ?? :d

Or ? :d:d
lmao! !!!!!!! : )
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:39 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,562 Posts
I swear my 4S viper is traveling at about 130mph tops. No BS. In fact I am going to video it this weekend and see if I can get someone to doppler.

Go 5S the first time around. I wish I would have gotten the Jolt myself, I hear any 5S 2200-2250 will fit. Not the case with my Viper. I felt like I was misinformed on that sale.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Last edited by johnnyrocco123; Sep 12, 2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:52 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
I swear my 4S viper is traveling at about 130mph tops. No BS. In fact I am going to video it this weekend and see if O can get someone to doppler.

Go 5S the first time around. I wish I would have gotten the Jolt myself, I hear any 5S 2200-2250 will fit. Not the case with my Viper. I felt like I was misinformed on that sale.
I would be willing to bet that it is much faster,it is just that the airframe is so big,and they handle so well,that 160 to 170 feel wicked slow....that is why I have been playing with the 6 cell set-ups,they keep the juices flowing the whole flight....but I have been enjoying the 1115/1Y on the big 5 cell.
Last edited by VooDoo Child; Sep 12, 2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:28 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
I would be willing to bet that it is much faster,it is just that thebairframe is so big,and they handle so well,that 160 to 170 feel wicked slow....that is why I have been playing with the 6 cell set-ups,they keep the juices flowing the whole flight....but I have been enjoying the 1115/1Y on the big 5 cell.
I think you are right, but it is slower than it should be. My motor is not good for 4S, running the 1115/12.5D. Even with a 6.5x6.5 prop, I am pulling 75a/1114w static. On 5s with a 5.25x6.25, it should wake up. I am looking at the maxamps 5S pack. It looks to be the smallest in existance with a high "C" rating.

Still want to see some video of a Jolt. I might pick one up for a 6S setup. I like the fact that there is more room.

The bigger fuse has me leaning towards the Jolt over the X plane.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:09 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,679 Posts
Quote:

It is good to fly the plane on 4cell just to get used to it,and trim....But trust me,you want to focus on the 5 cell setup.You will see what i mean .
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:16 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
I think you are right, but it is slower than it should be. My motor is not good for 4S, running the 1115/12.5D. Even with a 6.5x6.5 prop, I am pulling 75a/1114w static. On 5s with a 5.25x6.25, it should wake up. I am looking at the maxamps 5S pack. It looks to be the smallest in existance with a high "C" rating.

Still want to see some video of a Jolt. I might pick one up for a 6S setup. I like the fact that there is more room.

The bigger fuse has me leaning towards the Jolt over the X plane.
As soon as you get the 5 cells in there,the plane will come alive.....I have tried all my setups on 4S,and then go from there,they all just fell slow on 4S,mainly the F5D big folder set-ups...As soon as the 5 cell goes in,BOOM-Life is good,and things get fast.....6 cell,well,that is just THE DEAL.On a side note, 6 cell 1800mah will fit in the X-Plane,i have done it...But the Jolt i am sure will manage 2250mah 6S.Just have to use 2 packs.