HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2012, 08:10 AM
Joined Sep 2004
25 Posts
I have some electronics in the mail !!!! In this heat will have to go inside to build
ninob660 is offline Find More Posts by ninob660
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:18 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Aug 2010
2,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninob660 View Post
I have some electronics in the mail !!!! In this heat will have to go inside to build
So what power setup did you end up going with?
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old Jul 16, 2012, 03:06 PM
Joined Sep 2004
25 Posts
I got the 1115 1y with a 4.75 prop. Going to use 4s to get used to flying it fast and then move up to 5s to see what it will do!!
ninob660 is offline Find More Posts by ninob660
Old Jul 16, 2012, 03:40 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninob660 View Post
I got the 1115 1y with a 4.75 prop. Going to use 4s to get used to flying it fast and then move up to 5s to see what it will do!!
Make your knee's shake,that's what it will do good pick man.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 07:52 PM
United States, AL
Joined Apr 2007
821 Posts
Any updates? Has anybody gotten a Jolt since this? If so how did it look?
biskit is offline Find More Posts by biskit
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:10 AM
United States, AL
Joined Apr 2007
821 Posts
Cricket cricket? Nobody buying these things?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:46 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by biskit View Post
Cricket cricket? Nobody buying these things?
I was on the phone with Soaring yesterday,they are selling...just not to many people on the forums....I will be getting mine within the next couple weeks,to many other things has slowed down my Jolt progress.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:22 AM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Jan 2006
1,256 Posts
VooDoo - so help me, when I get down to visit my Kids in December I am driving down to see that Hanger of yours...a trip to Florida in December would thaw me out! I'm gonna order an F5D airframe just before we head down and have it shipped to MD. Been lurking here looking at this plane and a couple of others.
arcticflyer is online now Find More Posts by arcticflyer
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:55 PM
215.0 MPH
United States, VT, Essex
Joined Jul 2007
1,164 Posts
At this point, you must have your own representative there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
I was on the phone with Soaring yesterday,they are selling...just not to many people on the forums....I will be getting mine within the next couple weeks,to many other things has slowed down my Jolt progress.
markusvt is offline Find More Posts by markusvt
Old Aug 22, 2012, 03:02 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,565 Posts
This will be my 2nd F5D plane. Just figuring out when I can do it without the wife freaking out.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:10 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticflyer View Post
VooDoo - so help me, when I get down to visit my Kids in December I am driving down to see that Hanger of yours...a trip to Florida in December would thaw me out! I'm gonna order an F5D airframe just before we head down and have it shipped to MD. Been lurking here looking at this plane and a couple of others.
Ohhhhhhhh,I can not wait for the weather change in the next month I am over this skin melting heat....But I am not sure you would like my hanger,a lot more Big Gasser 3D Freestyle planes then Go-Fast,but I am working on that ; )...and heck yea,if you are ever down here,look me up,the Daytona RC Field is minutes from my house and Daytona Speedway...We do LOTS of winter flying. Doug
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:13 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusvt View Post
At this point, you must have your own representative there?
Then how come every time I call there,I can here them mumble under there breath "Uggggggg,it's him again "
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:47 PM
United States, AL
Joined Apr 2007
821 Posts
I have found that I actually dislike having a perfect shiny plane - then I get caught up in keeping it as perfect as possible. If it starts out less than perfect then I seem to enjoy it more. So I think I'm sold on a jolt.

I wanted one of those cool geared props, but the $200 for a prop/gearbox isn't worthwhile for me. I have an 1112/2.5d(2600kv) and a medusa 28-56-2800. Should I go 4s with a 5.25x6.25 prop or 5s and a 4.75 or 5 inch prop? calculator says similar power, I'm leaning towards the larger on 4s. Anybody have actual numbers for either? I don't have a battery to test either so I'd like to get it right on the first try. Also any info on battery sizes that fit well? And how deep are the wing servo holes?
Last edited by biskit; Sep 11, 2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 05:38 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by biskit View Post
I have found that I actually dislike having a perfect shiny plane - then I get caught up in keeping it as perfect as possible. If it starts out less than perfect then I seem to enjoy it more. So I think I'm sold on a jolt.

I wanted one of those cool geared props, but the $200 for a prop/gearbox isn't worthwhile for me. I have an 1112/2.5d(2600kv) and a medusa 28-56-2800. Should I go 4s with a 5.25x6.25 prop or 5s and a 4.75 or 5 inch prop? calculator says similar power, I'm leaning towards the larger on 4s. Anybody have actual numbers for either? I don't have a battery to test either so I'd like to get it right on the first try. Also any info on battery sizes that fit well? And how deep are the wing servo holes?
You want to go as fast as you can for a short time,or stretch the flight with less speed but better vert ?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:34 PM
United States, AL
Joined Apr 2007
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
You want to go as fast as you can for a short time,or stretch the flight with less speed but better vert ?
Both! I've got an ice 100 for it. I'm hoping the 1112/4s/5.25x6.25 will be right at 100a static and easily last in-flight with decent cooling and tickle 200mph. I think the medusa might be a bit too much except in bursts without going down a prop size or two. I was just looking for some more info since I don't have a suitable 4s or 5s battery to test for myself. Don't want to order a battery until I'm sure it'll fit.

Getting a red(pink?!) without flaps. Alan at SUSA said basically what I got from this thread, it's a great plane but lacks some of the finish details of the $$$ planes. Sounds like just the sort of plane I like!

If it helps anybody, he also said ds09 servos stick up just a bit at the aft end of the servo opening.