Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 18, 2012, 12:31 AM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Rant
Poor customer support standards

Just a short rant sort of guys about Nitroplanes and an experience I am undergoing with them.

Several weeks ago after a few false starts (poor stock updates on web site) I finally placed an order for some Gens Ace 25C3s1550 liposx6 and Skylipo 30C4s2650 x 4.

Now as I am in Australia I am stuck with the cost of paying the freight to ship these lovelies but I was really looking forward to trying out both these brands.

Finally the lipos arrived and upon unpacking the Skylipo's they sent were actually 25C3s2650 x 4. Simply mistake to get the cell count wrong but they also got the C rating wrong shipping 25C not the 30C.

Several attempts made via un answered phone calls, several un answered emails and I finally got hold of somebody from there office via the web chat service.

I discussed the issue and the guy seems genuinely interested in helping. I pointed out that as I am in Australia the cost to return 4 x lipos is ridiculous and as its their fault I expect Nitroplanes to pay the return freight and replace these wrong lipos with the correct ones. They had photos of the incorrect lipos from my emails and confirmed that yes they had made a mistake and sent the wrong ones.

To me, it seems like basic customer service, they screwed up it should be up to them to fix the problem.

Anyway, they guy on webchat tells me he will discuss with management and come back via email.

Next day and email advising they will send me a RMA via email and I must return the lipos at my cost for them to inspect and then they will send the correct ones (hopefully).

Now my main issue with this is that I have already spent over $35 to freight the original lipo's downunder, now they want me to spend $35 posting the wrong ones back and with luck they will send the correct ones back......

Just poor form in my opinion, I am happy to send the wrong lipos back at their cost to have them send the correct ones down under but I am certainly not going to spend more of my $$$ on such a dodgy process.

I understand in the USA where more times the freight costs 0 from these guys but for export customers that bare the brunt of high shipping charges this is borderline negligent I believe.

End of rant.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2012, 12:21 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
355 Posts
What is your order number for the batteries? When you return them you can include the receipt for the shipping with the RMA inside the box and I can have the shipping reimbursed when we get the batteries back.

-Charlie
RaidenCharlie is offline Find More Posts by RaidenCharlie
Old May 18, 2012, 08:05 PM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
RaidenCharlie,
can you please put this in an official email and I am happy to comply, and hopefully go on to become an ongoing happy customer. So far nothing official from your customer service people on this issue.

ON: yhst-17210252890263-270466
RMA number is 1689869

The Skylipo's remain unsent by me awaiting official feedback regarding freight reimbursement.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old May 22, 2012, 06:32 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
355 Posts
I just emailed you the RMA with the instructions on how to return the batteries. Please include the receipt for the shipping inside the box and when we get it back we will reimburse you on the shipping. Please make a copy of the receipt and keep it for your records.

-Charlie
Old May 23, 2012, 05:15 PM
United States, CO, Dacono
Joined Nov 2010
695 Posts
Hey Charlie, read this and please answer, I posted this on another thread: My personal opinion is that unless the review is glowing they won't put it up. I bought a Nitroplanes pirated Kadet Sr. and they sent me an email asking for my review. First off I'll say that this plane required 2 pounds of lead in the nose PLUS a 5 cell C sized pattery under the tank, and that's with an ASP 80 4 stroke! I might add that it's all that 80 can do to get 11 FREAKING POUNDS OF FAT off the ground! So, I wrote 3 reviews, none were put up, I finally told them I thought they were cowards and that they knew their stuff was crap. As for me, no more Nirtocrapplanes in my garage, only the real stuff. If they can't take the heat they need to get out. I can't wait to put up the youtube vids!

UPDATE! I maidened the "Kadet" this last weekend, it finally flew but took 75 feet with the ASP 80 4 stroke wide open to get her fat butt off the ground! Yes it's balanced! It flew ok but not at all as nimble as my red one. This one's headed to the auction next year. CHARLIE! What's up with these things and why can't I get a truthful review posted???
cherokeenut is offline Find More Posts by cherokeenut
Old May 25, 2012, 12:24 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
355 Posts
Do you remember when you submitted the review? We have a 3rd party company manage our review system. There might be a glitch, let me know when you send it and under what name and I will have them look into it.

-Charlie
Old May 25, 2012, 12:26 PM
United States, CO, Dacono
Joined Nov 2010
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenCharlie View Post
Do you remember when you submitted the review? We have a 3rd party company manage our review system. There might be a glitch, let me know when you send it and under what name and I will have them look into it.

-Charlie
My recent one was the day I made my last post here. I would be happy to post a good/bad review that would be tastefull (I write a column) but just need the chance to do so.
cherokeenut is offline Find More Posts by cherokeenut
Old May 29, 2012, 05:11 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
355 Posts
What name did you put as the reviewer?

-Charlie