HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 06, 2012, 06:08 PM
FLYINGJUNKY
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
830 Posts
I wonder how this would comar to the traxxas spartan. I seem to always fo for my motley crew over the spartan. Spartan is like the parkzone stryker. Looks cool and other than running high speed passes, well it looks cool. Gets old fast.
eschult is offline Find More Posts by eschult
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2012, 06:23 PM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschult View Post
I wonder how this would comar to the traxxas spartan. I seem to always fo for my motley crew over the spartan. Spartan is like the parkzone stryker. Looks cool and other than running high speed passes, well it looks cool. Gets old fast.
How can I say this w/o getting sensored.... The Spartan is the biggest piece of in electric boating. The Revolt is a "hobby" grade boat built by a racing legend, the spartan is a plastic toy boat that doubles as a BBQ Grill. Wanna run 6s.... bring some marshmellows...
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old Jun 06, 2012, 08:58 PM
FLYINGJUNKY
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
How can I say this w/o getting sensored.... The Spartan is the biggest piece of in electric boating. The Revolt is a "hobby" grade boat built by a racing legend, the spartan is a plastic toy boat that doubles as a BBQ Grill. Wanna run 6s.... bring some marshmellows...
I found that out fast!!!!!! LOL. You warned me but you know how we are, THICKHEADED!!!!!. I should of listened, BUT!!!!! I did take your advice on the MC and this is my go to boat. The spartan just collects dust and this new revolt looks pretty bad. I have only ran a few v hulls, spartan, outlaw jr. and the minimo. I am sure it has to be much better than the others. That why I was asking how this one is comp. to the spartan.
Thanks, Eric
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:49 PM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
2,677 Posts
Quote:
I found that out fast!!!!!! LOL. You warned me but you know how we are, THICKHEADED!!!!!. I should of listened, BUT!!!!! I did take your advice on the MC and this is my go to boat. The spartan just collects dust and this new revolt looks pretty bad. I have only ran a few v hulls, spartan, outlaw jr. and the minimo. I am sure it has to be much better than the others. That why I was asking how this one is comp. to the spartan.
Thanks, Eric
I wished the Spartan would have made a positive "splash" and get some fresh faces on this side of R/C, but all it did was make a bunch of pissed off 6s speed chasing addicts (not attempting to be offensive). I had high hopes for that boat, but those went up in smoke (amongst other things). This boat which I don't own, but can bet my money on will be a awesome boat and by far the best boat in your fleet. Its still an rtr, but it should be darn goodone!
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:37 PM
Joined Mar 2012
8 Posts
Ran my revolt for the first time today, all stock on 2 5000mah 2s lipos. Was by myself so had a guy who was fishing take the video.

Revolt 30 first run (1 min 41 sec)

littledvl is offline Find More Posts by littledvl
Old Jun 07, 2012, 05:30 AM
FLYINGJUNKY
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
I wished the Spartan would have made a positive "splash" and get some fresh faces on this side of R/C, but all it did was make a bunch of pissed off 6s speed chasing addicts (not attempting to be offensive). I had high hopes for that boat, but those went up in smoke (amongst other things). This boat which I don't own, but can bet my money on will be a awesome boat and by far the best boat in your fleet. Its still an rtr, but it should be darn goodone!
I ordered the silver one last night
Old Jun 07, 2012, 05:58 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
4,494 Posts
Nice video!

Next time, remember, a single shaft boat prefers righthand turns.

Regards, Jan.
pompebled is online now Find More Posts by pompebled
Old Jun 07, 2012, 03:07 PM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
2,677 Posts
Quote:
I ordered the silver one last night
Good move....
Old Jun 07, 2012, 03:08 PM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
2,677 Posts
The revolt has some "new" competition: http://www.proboatmodels.com/Product...rodId=PRB4250B
Old Jun 07, 2012, 03:21 PM
United States, MS, Brandon
Joined Jun 2011
178 Posts
i like the new red mystic they call black jack lol.....really i do
ron1950 is offline Find More Posts by ron1950
Old Jun 07, 2012, 03:43 PM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
2,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
i like the new red mystic they call black jack lol.....really i do
I like that also... I haven't bought an RTR in a while but man that thing is tempting. I still need to get my DF Explorer water ready... My money tree went bare and she just won't start growing again...
Old Jun 07, 2012, 08:35 PM
United States, MS, Brandon
Joined Jun 2011
178 Posts
My money tree went bare and she just won't start growing again...

man do i know that feeling.....retired really means broke all the time......
ron1950 is offline Find More Posts by ron1950
Old Jun 08, 2012, 04:54 PM
get high
charlotte, nc
Joined Feb 2011
360 Posts
Hey diesel, what's up? I'm looking at this boat hard. what should the top speed on high c 4s batts? A friend just put a AS120a in a MC and its running 6s and it flying. I need to keep up. Can this boat handle mid 50's? This boat is at the top of my budget.
I like the pro boat 31, but its not out till the end of the year.
BLOWZILLA is offline Find More Posts by BLOWZILLA
Old Jun 08, 2012, 07:18 PM
Electric since 1990
East Central Ohio, United States
Joined Jun 2004
3,733 Posts
Everyone check that your servo is glued down good. My friend's broke loose while running. He was able to get it in.
Foamaholic is offline Find More Posts by Foamaholic
Old Jun 09, 2012, 07:29 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOWZILLA View Post
Hey diesel, what's up? I'm looking at this boat hard. what should the top speed on high c 4s batts? A friend just put a AS120a in a MC and its running 6s and it flying. I need to keep up. Can this boat handle mid 50's? This boat is at the top of my budget.
I like the pro boat 31, but its not out till the end of the year.
You won't keep up to a Motley Crew running 6s with this running 4s unless he also went to a much lower kv motor in the MC. If you were to run 6s as well it would be more of a fair race, or get him to run 4s.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons