HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 16, 2012, 04:27 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Aug 2011
35 Posts
Alert
Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack - under $8.00!

Just bought another 4 of these from HobbyKing......$7.80 per battery?? Scary cheap!

Even with $20 shipping to the US - this is a BARGAIN!

I use these in all 3 of my PZ planes (T28, P51 and Stinson) as well as my eFlite Leader 480. Never had an issue with them.

Just a heads up if you need batteries!
rkathner is offline Find More Posts by rkathner
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2012, 04:40 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkathner View Post
Just bought another 4 of these from HobbyKing......$7.80 per battery?? Scary cheap!

Even with $20 shipping to the US - this is a BARGAIN!

I use these in all 3 of my PZ planes (T28, P51 and Stinson) as well as my eFlite Leader 480. Never had an issue with them.

Just a heads up if you need batteries!
I would hide now if I was you!
You'll get about 10,000 HK haters after you now. LOL! j/k

Anyways, for the real post. The same battery from the USA warehouse is $10.99
The shipping will run about $10

total will be 53.96

Yours from Hong Kong will total 51.20

a little over $2 difference. The big difference is shipping times. From Hong Kong, Lipos will spend most of it's time traveling the world and stopping at luxurious resorts for up to a couple weeks before hitting US soil. Average time for Lipos to get to your door is roughly 3-6 weeks. If from USA warehouse, you get it in 3-5 days.

Dude, you're in San Jose, where do you go fly....PM me sometimes, we should go fly!
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old May 16, 2012, 04:45 PM
Fueled by Arabica Beans
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2008
3,897 Posts
I pretty much always get my HK orders within 2-3 weeks, it's not bad when the contents of the box aren't time sensitive.
ChillPhatCat is offline Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat
Old May 16, 2012, 04:54 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillPhatCat View Post
I pretty much always get my HK orders within 2-3 weeks, it's not bad when the contents of the box aren't time sensitive.
is that 2-3 weeks average time without Lipos? or with?

The last time I ordered a handful of small 1s lipo, it went swiss and took nearly 5 weeks. But to be fair, the guys at custom did play with it for almost 5 days before releasing it.
Old May 16, 2012, 05:13 PM
College Station, TX
Joined Jul 2009
882 Posts
Check out $17.50 !!! @ Value Hobby just outside of Chicago has the best deal, and they come with my favorite already installed connector in 30C mind you. HK LiPos are no so good coming with cells dead &/or bloated. Value Hobby has always shipped same day during the week after 1PM, and in the 30+ LiPos I have ordered, never an issue. The last 2200's I received, all 3 were dead on in cell voltage within a tenth of a volt. In other words, 3.86 on every cell. That was totally wierd. I went out and bought a lottery ticket right after that happened. I receive them in 3-4 days in Texas for a few bucks shipping. Here is the link

......http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...1-1v-lipo.html

Good fly'in to 'yall San Jose'rs (Mt. View home town)~ DC
43851E is offline Find More Posts by 43851E
Old May 16, 2012, 05:14 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Aug 2011
35 Posts
I've had pretty good experiences with HK too - longest shipping time was about 3 weeks.

RC - I've flown at Rancho San Antonio (not a huge fan, it always seems to be packed when I get up there - and the hikers wandering through the flight line/runway still amaze me with their lack of judgement!). Have had a good time up at Baylands in Sunnyvale too, but again - I'm not a huge fan of crowded airspace, so on the weekends, I try to get up there very early AM.

I *think* I may have just found a spot down off 101 in Sth SJ. Will drop you a line if it pans out (and is not fenced off like every other piece of open space in the area!!).
rkathner is offline Find More Posts by rkathner
Old May 16, 2012, 05:26 PM
Fueled by Arabica Beans
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2008
3,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
is that 2-3 weeks average time without Lipos? or with?

The last time I ordered a handful of small 1s lipo, it went swiss and took nearly 5 weeks. But to be fair, the guys at custom did play with it for almost 5 days before releasing it.
Yeah, with LiPo's. I've heard of other people having to wait 4+ weeks though. Maybe this region just has lax customs agents.
ChillPhatCat is offline Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat
Old May 16, 2012, 05:38 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkathner View Post
I've had pretty good experiences with HK too - longest shipping time was about 3 weeks.

RC - I've flown at Rancho San Antonio (not a huge fan, it always seems to be packed when I get up there - and the hikers wandering through the flight line/runway still amaze me with their lack of judgement!). Have had a good time up at Baylands in Sunnyvale too, but again - I'm not a huge fan of crowded airspace, so on the weekends, I try to get up there very early AM.

I *think* I may have just found a spot down off 101 in Sth SJ. Will drop you a line if it pans out (and is not fenced off like every other piece of open space in the area!!).
Yea. I've flown both at san antonio and baylands, but not a fan of both places- and yes, Both are very crowded.

On weekends, I get up very early and fly at the local school till 8am...then the place fills up with soccer players. I fly in stockton too whenever I go visit family there. There's a bunch of open space there.

Tx. That'd be awesome if you find a spot...Just PM me.
Old May 16, 2012, 05:41 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
I would hide now if I was you!
You'll get about 10,000 HK haters after you now. LOL! j/k

Anyways, for the real post. The same battery from the USA warehouse is $10.99
The shipping will run about $10

total will be 53.96

Yours from Hong Kong will total 51.20

a little over $2 difference. The big difference is shipping times. From Hong Kong, Lipos will spend most of it's time traveling the world and stopping at luxurious resorts for up to a couple weeks before hitting US soil. Average time for Lipos to get to your door is roughly 3-6 weeks. If from USA warehouse, you get it in 3-5 days.

Dude, you're in San Jose, where do you go fly....PM me sometimes, we should go fly!
I agree 110%. HK without LiPo's can take "only" a couple of weeks, but with LiPo's it takes forever. I do buy mine from HK USA and it is well worth the few $$ to get them in a timely manner!
I have never had one single battery come to me with a dead cell or puffed. Not once. I have probably 20 of their batteries, Turnigy, Nanotech, Zippy, from 3s through 5s and all are good and charge correctly.
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old May 16, 2012, 06:24 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrhardy View Post
I agree 110%. HK without LiPo's can take "only" a couple of weeks, but with LiPo's it takes forever. I do buy mine from HK USA and it is well worth the few $$ to get them in a timely manner!
I have never had one single battery come to me with a dead cell or puffed. Not once. I have probably 20 of their batteries, Turnigy, Nanotech, Zippy, from 3s through 5s and all are good and charge correctly.
Don
The only Lipos I would not recommend from HK are the nanos. Those things are as good as a door stopper after about 20 or so flights.

Other than those, the rest are very good.

I have about 50 lipos from HK, ranging from 80mah 1s all the way to giant brick sized 5000mah 6s. I still have a couple from 6 years ago...the infamous Loong max brand (still have 2 that flies now and then in my begin Air. probably 200-300 flights now). The power and capacity is no loner there, but heck, I only paid $18 for them 6 yrs ago
Old May 16, 2012, 06:30 PM
Joined Dec 2009
207 Posts
I know several guys that using nothing but the nanos and get several seasons of life out of them without issue
aarongreen123 is offline Find More Posts by aarongreen123
Old May 16, 2012, 06:38 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarongreen123 View Post
I know several guys that using nothing but the nanos and get several seasons of life out of them without issue
hmmmm....which ones?

my two 3S 2200mah 25c-50c nanos are very tired after only 20 or so flights.
I wire 2 in parallel and on 40amps I can't remember exactly now, but the voltage drop is significant.
Old May 17, 2012, 05:25 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,996 Posts
So far (knocking on wood) I have had good luck with them all. Having said that, the Nano are the newest ones!
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old May 17, 2012, 06:39 PM
This Calls for a Sexy Party
Minneapolis
Joined Sep 2010
639 Posts
my last order with lipo get here in two week, just placed another with lipo, finger crossed.
StewieRC is offline Find More Posts by StewieRC
Old May 18, 2012, 01:32 AM
Joined Feb 2012
110 Posts
I just got 3x3S 2200 40C ($17), and 2x4S 2200 40C ($20) batteries from the US warehouse for my 3DHS 48" Edge. They have been great! (Well, the 3S ones, the 4S get the first run tomorrow!)
NFA Fabrication is offline Find More Posts by NFA Fabrication