SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 16, 2012, 02:34 PM
High Tech Red Neck
United States, IL, Lawrenceville
Joined Nov 2011
1,757 Posts
Discussion
Today I lost my best Friend,and Flying Buddy!

As some of you know I have been having a hard time trying to save our beloved Labrador Retriever Belle Starr. She was suffering from reinal failure (her kidneys shutting down). 3 weeks ago the vet infused her with Saline solution to "wash her kidneys out" and help he get rid of the toxins in her blood. She came home after 2 days,and started to recover. About 15 days later she started to refuse to eat or drink again,so she went back in for some more IV fluids,and we brought her back home on Mothers day (last Sunday). She ate about half a hand full of chicken breast,my wife baked for her,and drank water. On Monday she was feeling bad,but still wanted to go for a short walk. That night we put her in bed with us,but about 4 am she got up and somehow jumped down out of the bed to her bed on the floor beside me. I woke up and couldn't find her at 6 am. and we looked all over the house. When we found her, she had went into the shower,and was laying in the floor of it,as she used to do as a puppy. Gone was the sparkle in her eyes,and we knew her time was near. So we took her to the vet's again Tuesday. He put her on IV fluids again,we called later that day,and the vet said she haden't made any progress,so he was going to bring in his Labrador,and try to transfuse some blood from it,as her red cell count had fallen also. He called at 7:15 am today and said that Belle Starr had just passed away. We are so heart broken,that we don't know what to do. We went to the vet's to say our final goodbyes (last 2 pictures) and my wife had to pull me away from her. After suffering for 3 weeks,our little girl is finally at rest,with God. They are going to creamate her this afternoon,and her ashes will be in a urn on the mantle with us forever. She was my constant companion for 8 1/2 years, We were like peas and carrots,and were allways together. It feels like a part of me has died,and I don't think I'll ever get over the loss of her. The last 2 pictures are at the vet's,and she has passed away. We are saying our final good bye's to her. (If tears could build a stairway
and memories a lane,
I would walk right up to Heaven
and bring you back again.) We will allways love and remember you,Belle,Belle
Ron_Dog is offline Find More Posts by Ron_Dog
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Ron_Dog; May 16, 2012 at 02:44 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2012, 02:45 PM
Balsa builder and balsa basher
Joined Apr 2012
683 Posts
So touching its beyond words, I actually cried (for real) the last two pics made me feel so sad. To be honest i dont know what else to say but you had a beautiful dog and RIP.
RC Trainer plane is offline Find More Posts by RC Trainer plane
Old May 16, 2012, 02:50 PM
Scott Stoops
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2002
8,411 Posts
Very sorry for your loss.

Scott
sukhoi26mx is offline Find More Posts by sukhoi26mx
Old May 16, 2012, 04:21 PM
El Cajon, CA
Joined May 2007
319 Posts
First, I am so very sorry, and I can only imagine how much you will miss your faithful companion. All dogs go to Heaven. That's just the way it is. Their selfless, unconditional love for us ensures a spot for them. Now, instead of watching patiently while you fly your planes, she will be right beside them, soaring on her own wings, with her tail wagging, faithful as ever. And when the time comes when you dumb thumb it and somehow you miraculously save it from a certian crash, it will be Belle Starr that carries your plane back into the sky.
dynodude is offline Find More Posts by dynodude
Old May 16, 2012, 06:04 PM
Mesquite Tx
Joined Jan 2008
263 Posts
Im very sorry for your loss.
Bigugly is offline Find More Posts by Bigugly
Old May 16, 2012, 06:09 PM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,233 Posts
Ron we wish you and your family all the best, and we are sorry for your loss.
Twisted Realm is offline Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
Site Sponsor
Old May 16, 2012, 06:22 PM
Going broke, dam this hobby
cleveland oh
Joined Mar 2009
627 Posts
Im sooooo sorry for your loss , im choked up writing this, im sure she,s in a better place now
xlrDALLAS is offline Find More Posts by xlrDALLAS
Old May 16, 2012, 06:49 PM
The Twisted Elf
USA, NJ, Trenton
Joined Nov 2010
453 Posts
sorry for your loss RON,we have a Golden Retreiver at our field,we call up our friend and tell him to bring the dog,BUDDY,and then he can go home and come back for BUDDY later
lugnutz is offline Find More Posts by lugnutz
Old May 16, 2012, 08:17 PM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Ron, Im so very sorry.
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old May 17, 2012, 01:25 AM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,703 Posts
Ron,

Very sorry for your loss.

Ray
KE Spin is offline Find More Posts by KE Spin
Old May 17, 2012, 01:52 AM
United States, PA, Catawissa
Joined Jul 2011
360 Posts
Really sorry for your loss
rc4u is offline Find More Posts by rc4u
Old May 17, 2012, 01:04 PM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
1,966 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss. Really tough...
FlyHighSelllow is online now Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Old May 17, 2012, 06:54 PM
Don't give in to gravity
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2009
1,954 Posts
"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."

(Roger Caras)

Sorry for your loss Ron.
Gravitycheat is offline Find More Posts by Gravitycheat
Old May 17, 2012, 09:48 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
862 Posts
Sorry to hear that Ron. I've only had my little homie 1.7 years but know I'll be torn up when he goes.

itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old May 18, 2012, 02:25 PM
High Tech Red Neck
United States, IL, Lawrenceville
Joined Nov 2011
1,757 Posts
Thanks,you all for the kind replies,and prayers. I just have to get past the grieving period,so the fond memories will replace the tears. Belle Starr Shaw dob Aug. 4th. 2003---------- Passed away May 16th. 2012 Ron
Ron_Dog is offline Find More Posts by Ron_Dog
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Ron_Dog; May 30, 2012 at 11:07 AM.