SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 02, 2003, 03:19 PM
Eastern Shore, VA
Joined Jun 2003
65 Posts
What you can do when bored...

Last Sunday it did nothing but rain. So, I go down to the local 'kind of a hobby shop' to get CA for a Tantrum kit. The shop is 70% pets, pet supplies, and accessories. The rest is plastic models, trains, and rockets. They do sell Aero/Firebirds. Anyway, I saw the replacement wings for them and thought... 'hmmm' and bought it.

Went home and scrounged around in the scrap tote box. In a couple of hours I came up with this.

Yesterday, I took it for a test flight at the school and it flew quite surprisingly well. Speed was moderately slow at 1/3 throttle and pretty quick at full throttle. I almost did my first hover with it. I did several hand catches because of the prop, but alas, I misjudged the distance coming in and didn't have enough battery juice for a go around. Had to land on the ground and broke the only GWS prop I had. I tried a folder prop but was concerned about the prop hitting the wires when the motor would restart in the air. This plane will be riding around in my car for when I have one of those 'moments'.
pcbytes is offline Find More Posts by pcbytes
Last edited by pcbytes; Nov 02, 2003 at 03:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2003, 01:54 AM
USA, WA, Bellevue
Joined Dec 2002
317 Posts
Its cute. guess what, I have one of those wings lying around as well.
Could I copy your design with your permission. And if possible could you do a drawing. or at least give me some numbers/distances.
Regards,
Ed
ed_khan is offline Find More Posts by ed_khan