Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:22 AM
United States, CA, Mendota
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcervantes11 View Post
Belt is great in a crash. With torq tube design there is extra parts to worry about in a crash. Can't wait for my brother to receive the beast. Us both will be testing it. Once it arrive testing will began.
You're right brother! Torq tube is very precise but belt is very close to torq tube performance. But rather go for belt then torq tube since I hardly have any time anymore and to fix a heli in a crash that is driven the tail by belt is easier to replace or fix then torq tube. Torq tube take more time.
WFLY 93705 is offline Find More Posts by WFLY 93705
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2012, 04:09 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
the radio looks like my old JR9XII... that looks nice... hope to see some of your vids out...
soneebee is offline Find More Posts by soneebee
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:37 AM
Joined Aug 2011
38 Posts
I am fond of the FBL heli, where can I get it?
JAMES CAI is offline Find More Posts by JAMES CAI
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:32 AM
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMES CAI View Post
I am fond of the FBL heli, where can I get it?
Hi JAMES CAL we are on testing phase. The package I'm expecting is stuck in LA custom. We have no estimate right now when it will be release. But pretty soon will be available.

Here are some links. About information of two version of helis.

Flybar
http://www.wflysz.com/en/product_detail.asp?id=78

Flybarless
http://www.wflysz.com/en/product_detail.asp?id=80
Old Aug 22, 2012, 03:12 PM
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Hello heli flyers

I have received the heli along with spare parts and radio. Wfly sent me some other stuff too. Including Hobbywing esc, brushless motor. Of course their nice carbon fiber blades. Guy's don't get to happy on this. It yet going to take two weeks or more to maiden. Very busy at work. Anyway get ready to drool guys. This is not an arf but a kit. To bad didn't come with manual booklet but it's ok. We live in a digital world. So it did came with a cd with the PDF manual of the radio but not the heli however I do have the pdf for the heli stored into my hard drive. The radio quality is probably better then my Futaba 8fg I yet have to powered it up. Need to find batteries. It is little bit glossy that my Samsung Galaxy s2 didn't pick up. I will list the things that is needed to build this kit. I will not be going to much detail when building it. I'll try my best. Wow cant believe how many boxes it came with. Okay here some pictures.

Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:34 PM
Smoke em ' If ya got em
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,388 Posts
Kool . If all goes well, I may pick up a barebones kit down the road. I like the unique design. How many amp is the hobbywing esc you have ther ?
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:40 AM
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stixx44 View Post
Kool . If all goes well, I may pick up a barebones kit down the road. I like the unique design. How many amp is the hobbywing esc you have ther ?
Hi it is a 80 amp. Bec is 4amp. We'll see how it goes with that esc. Keep in mind standard servo uses more amp then anything smaller. Even those fast high current servos. But I'm going to use what they sent me. I will be starting to build it this weekend. I will be taking pictures. But most important I need to find my camera charger to charge up my camera instead of using my smart phone.

Those that want to download the manual of our Vortex 5 helicopter go here. http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/2/...0EN%20S0.1.pdf
Last edited by WFLY 93705; Aug 23, 2012 at 01:52 AM.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 03:10 PM
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Okay here some better picture of the canopy and radio.

Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:46 PM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
what size is that Vortex 5? is that a 450 size?
The heli looks great.. and the blades are awesome.. looks well made..
its the first time I saw a kit that came with a radio.. it might be a one complete
COMBO deal..
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:21 PM
Joined Sep 2011
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soneebee View Post
its the first time I saw a kit that came with a radio.. it might be a one complete
COMBO deal..
This is a 500 size heli. Blades are made of CF material.

There will be lots of options for the set, complete KIT, or KIT with tx, or KIT with some electronic parts, it depends on what you want.
WFLYRC is offline Find More Posts by WFLYRC
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:53 PM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
oh.. thats a 500 size heli.. what a small size motor you were holding...
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:56 AM
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
oh.. thats a 500 size heli.. what a small size motor you were holding...
Not really it's about the same size as Turnigy typoon 500h. I have super huge hands .
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:24 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
ah.. hehehehe...it might be a wrong scaling since my reference was your palm.... at first I taught it was a 450 motor.. since it was small.. and i remember the size of the 500 motor was a lot larger.. both for the Align 500M and the scorpion...

it must have been the large hands that gave the illusion of the size of the motor...

so when is the maiden of this heli? hope to see it in action

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFLY 93705 View Post
Not really it's about the same size as Turnigy typoon 500h. I have super huge hands .
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:44 AM
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
COMBO deal..
Probably first out there that come with a really good radio with the barebone helicopter. Yes it's a 500 size. Same size as Trex 500. The esc is probably good as Turnigy esc or even better.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:58 AM
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Okay build start now!! Will be posting picture soon. Here are tool's you will be needing for the build.

Tools:

Needle nose pliers <------------ For holding the rods to twist that ball links.
Ball link pliers <----- So you don't need to use nose pliers to take off the ball links or to install them.
Knife <-------------- For opening you're box. LOL
Scissors <-------------- For cutting those darn bags.
Pitch guage <----------- Very important it measure the pitch of you're blades.
Oil <------ For ball bearings.
Silicone grease <----------- For o-rings that goes to the head block. You can use it on ball bearings. I would use oil for ball bearings.
Blue thread lock <--------- You need this for all screws that screw into metal pieces. Metal to metal you need this. Metal screw to plastic you don't need it.
Screw drivers <---------- For installation of servos.
Allen wrench <--------- Metal screw are hex
Caliper <---- Measuring tool to measure in mm
Scale <----------- To measure the blades weight. Add tracking tape for the one that weigh less.
Fine sand paper <---- For sanding the edge of the carbon fiber parts because they can cut you!!
Zip ties <--------- So you can tie up those pesky wires to make them look nicer and not messy. You can use this for tieing you're receiver and other electronic.

You will also need rubbing alcohol for cleaning screws before applying thread lock. Use a qtip and dip it into alcohol.

Drink: Beer's, coffee, energy drink or Slurpee from 7 eleven. For me I want something with suger can't drink alc so Slurpee is the way to go.
Last edited by WFLY 93705; Aug 25, 2012 at 01:23 AM.