HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2012, 03:42 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ott View Post
It is kinda Atom~ish, ain't it? The angled servos and some subtle changes in the cut-outs of the frame sides...thats what I see first.

I'd still like to see a price projection on the WFLY 500.
Yes, it looks to clone of a number the Atom's systems and maybe a few others.

But far more important for me is the type of aluminum that is used in its' construction. Most helis that originate in China and sold by Chinese companies, that I have ever experienced, had aluminum of far inferior grade then expected, had bearings of a far inferior grade, had GRP plastics that were poorly molded etc. These are all items that cannot be seen in pictures, but that all can be shown inferior after one puts out his cash for one, builds it and subsequently experiences the component slop that develops and the resultant component failures over time.

Next is customer support. Which has always ultimately proven to be spotty at best and at worst, to be virtually non existent.

So for me, my years of heli experience has taught me not to purchase any brand of heli until the brand has proven itself on the market over at least two three year.

I no longer want to use any of my hard earned dollars to purchase someone's product just for the privilege of being one of their Beta testers.
rotoraddict is offline Find More Posts by rotoraddict
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2012, 02:00 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotoraddict View Post
Yes, it looks to clone of a number the Atom's systems and maybe a few others.

But far more important for me is the type of aluminum that is used in its' construction. Most helis that originate in China and sold by Chinese companies, that I have ever experienced, had aluminum of far inferior grade then expected, had bearings of a far inferior grade, had GRP plastics that were poorly molded etc. These are all items that cannot be seen in pictures, but that all can be shown inferior after one puts out his cash for one, builds it and subsequently experiences the component slop that develops and the resultant component failures over time.

Next is customer support. Which has always ultimately proven to be spotty at best and at worst, to be virtually non existent.

So for me, my years of heli experience has taught me not to purchase any brand of heli until the brand has proven itself on the market over at least two three year.

I no longer want to use any of my hard earned dollars to purchase someone's product just for the privilege of being one of their Beta testers.
Imagine if people fallow you're foot step and not buy the heli until it been proven then company would go out of business before that. Anyway's I will be testing and hope the best. I've own many heli from China and had very little to none problem. I suppose this will be much better then those clone. Only time will tell. Good thing is WFLY 93705 is a tester also and he live's in CA. So let hope for the best.
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old May 27, 2012, 02:06 AM
United States, CA, Mendota
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcervantes11 View Post
Imagine if people fallow you're foot step and not buy the heli until it been proven then company would go out of business before that. Anyway's I will be testing and hope the best. I've own many heli from China and had very little to none problem. I suppose this will be much better then those clone. Only time will tell. Good thing is WFLY 93705 is a tester also and he live's in CA. So let hope for the best.
Thank you Jcer93705. Yes cant wait for this good quality helicopter to be on my hand and report any problem and stuff that need to be improve and such.

Back then when Align created their first nitro it had so much problem with Clutch and ball bearings. But people had hope and kept looking up to Align for better quality. If it wasn't for the customer Align would fail and they wouldn't be here. Now they have Great product. Same story with Walkera remember when Walkera 22a came out and it wasn't that good? Wow they improve from heli to Walkera because of customer kept on buying the helicopters. If everyone didn't had faith on Walkera it wouldn't be the company that is now.
WFLY 93705 is offline Find More Posts by WFLY 93705
Old May 27, 2012, 02:07 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFLY 93705 View Post
Thank you Jcer93705. Yes cant wait for this good quality helicopter to be on my hand and report any problem and stuff that need to be improve and such.

Back then when Align created their first nitro it had so much problem with Clutch and ball bearings. But people had hope and kept looking up to Align for better quality. If it wasn't for the customer Align would fail and they wouldn't be here. Now they have Great product. Same story with Walkera remember when Walkera 22a came out and it wasn't that good? Wow they improve from heli to Walkera because of customer kept on buying the helicopters. If everyone didn't had faith on Walkera it wouldn't be the company that is now.
That is true. Brought me back the memories.
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old May 27, 2012, 10:20 AM
Joined Jul 2008
1,668 Posts
Quote:

As I do not think that I should pay to be a companies guinea pig, I will wait a couple of years before even considering buying a heli of consequence (e.g. $300.00 + for heli only). Why should I pay to be one of any companies guinea pigs, when there are already so many well proven designs on the market, that anyone can purchase?

As for Walkera, if all of those who purchased the bad ones had purchased something that was already proven they would have all advanced a lot faster.

Many of us where initially Align guinea pigs and have learned to not do so again with any other company.
Last edited by rotoraddict; May 27, 2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old May 27, 2012, 07:15 PM
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
As I do not think that I should pay to be a companies guinea pig, I will wait a couple of years before even considering buying a heli of consequence (e.g. $300.00 + for heli only). Why should I pay to be one of any companies guinea pigs, when there are already so many well proven designs on the market, that anyone can purchase?

As for Walkera, if all of those who purchased the bad ones had purchased something that was already proven they would have all advanced a lot faster.

Many of us where initially Align guinea pigs and have learned to not do so again with any other company.
You my friend have so little faith for WFLY. And please calm down this is a announcement thread and maybe a build log. Be positive in our thread don't ruin it for us. Thanks.
Old May 28, 2012, 10:58 AM
Joined Jul 2008
1,668 Posts
Quote:
......this is a announcement thread and maybe a build log. Be positive in our thread don't ruin it for us. Thanks.
Sorry, I was not aware that it was an advertisement type of thread.

That said, everything I posted was meant to be advise for anyone that has not already paid their own good money to be a beta tester for someone's product.
Last edited by rotoraddict; Jun 08, 2012 at 11:13 AM. Reason: correct sentence structure
Old May 28, 2012, 02:32 PM
Will fly for food.
United States, TX, Killeen
Joined Jul 2002
422 Posts
I'd still like to know how much it is going to cost.
Jonathan Ott is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Ott
Old May 28, 2012, 06:24 PM
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Quote:

That said, everything I posted was meant to be advise for anyone that has not already someone who has paid their own good money to be a beta tester for something.
Sir once it's out it won't be on beta stage. Which mean most bug would already be solved. But nothing is perfect. That is why there is v2.
Last edited by WFLY 93705; May 29, 2012 at 04:34 AM.
Old May 31, 2012, 08:15 PM
Joined Sep 2011
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ott View Post
I'd still like to know how much it is going to cost.
The Price will soon come out.
WFLYRC is offline Find More Posts by WFLYRC
Old May 31, 2012, 08:20 PM
Joined Sep 2011
112 Posts
Quote:
Sir once it's out it won't be on beta stage. Which mean most bug would already be solved. But nothing is perfect. That is why there is v2.
Come on, My friend. we could talk loudly only when you have known what this helicopter look like and had got a flying experience.

Take it easy. We all could choose to talk with each other friendly.
Old May 31, 2012, 08:23 PM
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFLYRC View Post
The Price will soon come out.
Yup price would be ready by 2013. HEHE
Old May 31, 2012, 08:25 PM
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Come on, My friend. we could talk loudly only when you have known what this helicopter look like and had got a flying experience.

Take it easy. We all could choose to talk with each other friendly.
It's going to be a big surprise for the fan and none fans.
Old May 31, 2012, 08:26 PM
Joined Sep 2011
112 Posts
Quote:

That said, everything I posted was meant to be advise for anyone that has not already someone who has paid their own good money to be a beta tester for something.
Come on. My friend. We could talk with each other loudly and confirmly only when we had got known what is the helicopter looks like.

Take it easy. Try to make ourselves be pretty persuasive on our words.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 02:52 PM
Joined Dec 2007
843 Posts
Quote:
Come on. My friend. We could talk with each other loudly and confirmly only when we had got known what is the helicopter looks like.

Take it easy. Try to make ourselves be pretty persuasive on our words.
I also thiink that this thread is all rather blatant advertising.

IMHO, I think that if you want to advertise here on RCG, then you should do what the other companies do, and just pay for an ad.
Cyclick is online now Find More Posts by Cyclick