HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2012, 11:17 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,637 Posts
Discussion
Intresting issue with my HK shopping

So I get an alert that the Soldering Station is in at HK, so I go to check it out.

Good price so I add it to my cart to check shipping.

HOLY SMOKES.....shipping more than the unit. Well, there's Parcel Post....bad but not so bad. Wonder if the "total page" shows any different, so I go to last page (paying) and its the same.

So I figure Ill think about it.....and reach up and hit the "red X" to close out the page.

A minute later this HK Customer service alert pops in to my email.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK
Dear shane
Thanks for shopping at our store

Your order details are:
1x #Sold-ST/19240 Soldering Station with Adjustable Heat Range (USA Warehouse) = $15.62

VISA / MASTERCARD (No Paypal) + $0.27
USPS Parcel Post 5-6Day US-PP $12.21
Taxes: $0.00
-------------------
Total: $28.10

They said they would alert me when payment was proccessed.

Interesting......Im gonna wait and see what happens.

Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2012, 06:35 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,455 Posts
There was a bit of chatter about how many orders Hobby King received. There was a bunch of smoke being blown about how they receive 5000-6000 orders per day.

Your was one of them. That order will get cancelled from non payment but the order number doesn't get recycled. There is evidently a quirk in their order processing that once you get to the payment page, the order number is placed regardless whether you pay or not. It is common.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old May 17, 2012, 02:29 PM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
So it goes to say, that if you are just shopping and putting items in your cart and you go to the check out page to see how much it all came to plus the shipping cost, you get an order number.

Interesting, that accounts for the 5000 to 6000 orders per week, or was that per day being thrown about by the HK reps. ( I didn't say shills)

There are no HK shills on this site ! ! !
countilaw is offline Find More Posts by countilaw
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 17, 2012, 10:19 PM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
Dad Roman, If you go to the last page then you have paid, there is no page after that? I guess if you complete an order then that would generate an order. If you don't want the order then you should probably cancel it to free the item up although there seems to still be a few in stock in the US Warehouse.

What do the order details show?

I just checked, the order process is:

Step 1 (view cart contents and shows the various shipping options)
Step 2 (Personal details and shipping address)
Step 3 (select postal method, customs declaration and select payment type ad check agree to T's and C's and safety warning)

Next page is order placed and paying, so yep that will raise an order based on what was selected. No bug there.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Last edited by KCV6; May 17, 2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old May 17, 2012, 10:46 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,637 Posts
Your right....shows "unpaid"

Also shows as "unreserved"
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old May 17, 2012, 11:08 PM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
LOL, yep will be interesting to see if they catch on and notify you at all (probably not). As it's unpaid, I know it use to have the option to either pay or cancel somwhere ont he order summary. I did a very simular thing once but that was because I left it as CC insted of checking PayPal.

Cheers. Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6