SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 15, 2012, 07:32 PM
CPA# 39
United States, MN, Brooklyn Center
Joined May 2009
747 Posts
Discussion
Canada, ND, SD, IA, WI, nearby friends. Let's talk.

And MN!!!

I have recently hosted a small funfly event that was a lot of fun and enjoyed by all, and I would like to interest you in a proposal.

Please consider this proposal. I promise you I will not break your trust.

My name is Brian, and I am the N Central US Region Classic Pattern Association Representative. I have a dream to see vintage type pattern events with the classic one-pass-at-a-time flying. I have an obsession with the classic pattern airplanes, and I think there is a way we can have events in our region that that are not about spending vast sums of money, or about pinning one pilot against the next. Rather, my goals are to see classic and vintage airplanes, mixed with modern aircraft of the same size, participate and help solidify a growing part of our hobby that was fundamental to its original growth.

In this venture, the primary goal is to be completely INCLUSIVE, even trainers would be able to participate. It offers a chance to grow in flying ability, and if interested, to see the old pattern ships built once more and flying in all their splendor.

Nothing is required except an aircraft that is generaly 72" (ish) in wingspan, with the ability to perform a very basic loop and roll.

Have I peaked anyone's interest?

I will post more in just a while. I would like the chance to explain exactly what we can do.

Brian Lundberg
North Central US CPA Representative
EscapeFlyer is offline Find More Posts by EscapeFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2012, 02:29 PM
CPA# 39
Joined May 2009
747 Posts
The CPA

This venture can be what our clubs want it to be. It can be a full on heavy competition, or a laid back fun-fly.

In the upper classes (Advanced and Masters) we really ought to be flying true classic vintage pattern airplanes. So we can use most anything up through and into Sportsman and Intermediate, and make the transition into a classic by that point.

At each event, the individual club can determine if they want to strictly adhere to the genre AMA rules, or have their own, they can utilize a Contest Director, or the host can ensure everything runs as the club wishes. Scoring can be totally left out of the equation, as loose as the club would wish, or as strict as it was originally.

The point here is to enjoy vintage pattern flying that is structured, but not exclusive. It is designed to really enjoy ourselves. So retracts and tuned pipes, while encouraged because it adds to the fun, will never be required or refused. Electric and glow are welcomed. They were used in this genre of flying.

I am honestly promoting the Classic Pattern Association, but in truth, at any CPA event, NO CPA membership is ever required. There is benefit to the membership however. You get to have a say on the direction that the CPA will take in the future.

The last event which I hosted was a lot of fun. There was no one that walked away disappointed. Everyone realized, for as long as they have been flying, there is still a lot to be learned and new goals to shoot for.

Wouldn’t it be fun to meet new people, help new people, and still have other opportunities throughout the years to watch how everyone has improved- and see something grow into something bigger?

Please consider. If you are interested, please feel free to email me or pm me. I would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you.

Sincerely,

Brian Lundberg
N Central US Region CPA Representative
Old May 17, 2012, 12:28 AM
CPA# 39
Joined May 2009
747 Posts
Please respond!

I have seen several people interested in viewing. Please feel free to ask any questions!

Brian