HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2012, 02:12 PM
Joined Mar 2012
81 Posts
Yippee!
So excited....to wait!!! :D

Yes!! Just got this baby in the mail It was literally ready-to-fly! I took it out of the box, folded the wings down and locked them in place, transmitter on, connected the battery and had her taxiing around the driveway like that!

I'm very impressed with the build quality, she feels really strong and has a decent and well balanced weight. All of the control surfaces look very even and straight. Electronics seem to be working perfectly. And I was shocked at how much power it put out. It pulled much harder than my F5 64mm EDF.

So after the taxi session, I boxed her back up and placed her on the shelf. I will not taker her up until the guys at my new club have trained me some more and feel that I am ready and capable

...Maiden Flight video to come sooner or later

SemperFiSC is offline Find More Posts by SemperFiSC
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2012, 02:38 PM
Honorary Cajun
United States, LA, Alexandria
Joined Oct 2011
82 Posts
Cool! Who makes that Corsair?
Mojeaux is offline Find More Posts by Mojeaux
Old May 15, 2012, 02:41 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,050 Posts
That is an F6F Hellcat...not F4 corsair.
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old May 15, 2012, 02:49 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
Thread.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=hellcat
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
Old May 15, 2012, 02:59 PM
Joined Mar 2012
81 Posts
Correct! My bad for not posting the info...I did in another thread and forgot to put it here.

Here is the link to where I purchased it from:

http://www.bananahobby.com/2127.html
Old May 15, 2012, 09:33 PM
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Jan 2011
335 Posts
Awesome lookin' bird and a fantastic 'next leg up' model!

After you get used to her on the stiff legs (or maybe even before!) I'd defo explore the 'hand launchbelly lander' option. I love my PZ Wildcat, but this plane looks great! If it flies half as good as the PZ F4F there will be no such thing as "Hmmmm, looks too windy to fly today" in the 'hand launch/belly lander' configuration..................

Enjoy that!
Demsey is offline Find More Posts by Demsey
Last edited by Demsey; May 15, 2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old May 17, 2012, 05:55 PM
Joined Mar 2012
81 Posts
Yeah, that was one of the things I noticed...it has a nice "solid" weight/feel...I'm not expert but, it does feel like it will handle the wind with little problem.

I will definitely give the no-gear, belly take-off/landing a try once I am ready to fly her! The other park I fly at will be perfect for that as it has a massive grass field that is very soft with nice, wide-blade St. Augustine grass

Ah! This weather and the wait is killing me :P All I want to do is let one of the guys at the club take her up so I can at least she what she looks like flying in the air. Maybe even let them take off, get some decent altitude then hand her over and let me fly a bit and then let them land it....I LOVE this plane! It looks amazing and I can't wait to see it in the air