HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2012, 12:03 PM
If it flies.....I can crash it
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
2,620 Posts
Discussion
f22 dapron build.....my first....any tips.

I am planning on building a f22 dapron kit I found online but changing it from a pusher to a single or twin edf.
This will be my first ever build and first attempt at setting up a single or twin edf, does anyone have some tips or hints .

It's a chap called steve shumate kit, has anyone build one here??
blackbrabus is offline Find More Posts by blackbrabus
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2012, 01:25 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,442 Posts
Since it's your first build I'd suggest following the plans. Build you one as per plans then build a 2nd with your mods. You will learn much in that first build.

Use sharp blades, a knife sharpener is handy to keep an edge on a cutting blade. Use a cutting mat, I can not stress this one enough, I did two builds recently without one I was just cutting on a piece of MDF, and the difference is night and day both in my cuts and the ease of cutting, the mat is like the blade is lubricated and it slides effortlessly.

Use posterboard or something similar to make your templates, this way you will always have the templates to rebuild parts, or it just makes it easier in general to mark out your foam.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old May 15, 2012, 02:34 PM
If it flies.....I can crash it
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
2,620 Posts
Some great points there, all noted and very much appriciated.
blackbrabus is offline Find More Posts by blackbrabus
Old May 15, 2012, 09:34 PM
Gravity Sucks
Somewhere in the Nations Capital
Joined Sep 2007
51 Posts
Further info which may be of interest to you...

Hey blackbrabus,

that Steve Shumate chap you refer to is jetset44 here on RCG. I would suggest you might want to look at this thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=628812 as it is most likely the kit you have picked up.
There are plans in the thread and also over at parkjets.com http://www.parkjets.com/free-plans/ so you can get templates etc to build the edf version after you have built the first one stock (deadStik's suggestions and advice above are spot on, I second those and would highly recommend following those recommendations).
Good luck and happy reading / building...

PS. also try searching for "jetset modified edf" threads - there is one in the pusher prop jet forum. might have some helpful information
ResQ is offline Find More Posts by ResQ