SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 15, 2012, 01:59 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,005 Posts
Discussion
FROG Build Off - THE RESULTS

Well, the poll on the Frog Build Off has now closed. 46 People voted - thanks to you all for taking the trouble. Congratulations to RFJ, his 5 x Scamp was a clear and deserving winner.

Thanks again to those who took part in the Build Off, we were all winners really as we all finished up with nice models. See you all, plus hopefully some new faces, in the "Britkit Build Off"

First three places:
Sundancer is offline Find More Posts by Sundancer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2012, 06:04 AM
RFJ
Northern Ireland
Joined Dec 2004
1,683 Posts
What a nice surprise I think I was very lucky against such a collection of fine models so thank you to everyone who voted for the Scamp. Well done to those who took part and I hope to see you all again in the BritKit build off.

It would be remiss of me not to thank George on behalf of the entrants for all his efforts and encouragement. As I said somewhere before, these sort of things need a good "front man" and George certainly is that. Much appreciated.

Drinks are on me tonight down at my local - how you all get here is your problem

Ray
RFJ is online now Find More Posts by RFJ
Last edited by RFJ; May 15, 2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old May 15, 2012, 06:55 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,005 Posts
On my way Ray. Mine's a double Bushmills! Thanks for the kind words, it was very enjoyable.
Old May 15, 2012, 07:26 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Sep 2006
322 Posts
Thanks George. Never done anything like this before and really enjoyed it. Congratulations to
RFJ for a deserved first place. It certainly spurs one on to complete a model that may (in my case, anyway) to have "stalled" part built. Having an objective gives a spot of purpose to one's hobby. As the old sportsmen used to say "it's not the winning, but the taking part."
Raf_Bob is offline Find More Posts by Raf_Bob
Old May 15, 2012, 07:38 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Sep 2010
219 Posts
All very nice models. I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite. I've kicked around the idea of building a 2X Diana sailplane and this thread may get me off my butt! Congrats to all.

-Mark Shipley
Moeregaard is offline Find More Posts by Moeregaard
Old May 15, 2012, 07:40 PM
Mt Evelyn, Melbourne, OZ
Joined Dec 2008
663 Posts
Congratulations to all, the top 3 were my picks also.
Now to consider the BritKit.
Warren B is online now Find More Posts by Warren B
Old May 16, 2012, 03:55 PM
Joined Sep 2007
529 Posts
FROG Build Off - THE RESULTS

I didn't participate but followed all the FROG build offs with interest.
Although my vote went to a model that scored 6, I admit the choice was tough since I would be the proud owner even of Marksherlock ís Venus who scored zero!!
Guizzo 17 is offline Find More Posts by Guizzo 17
Old May 16, 2012, 05:21 PM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guizzo 17 View Post
I didn't participate but followed all the FROG build offs with interest.
Although my vote went to a model that scored 6, I admit the choice was tough since I would be the proud owner even of Marksherlock ís Venus who scored zero!!
Glad you enjoyed it Guizzo, we all had fun. I'm sure if Mark hadn't run out of time to finish his Venue it would have been up near the top of the results. How about joining in he Britkit Build Off, we'd be very happy to see you there.
Old May 18, 2012, 05:04 AM
UK
Joined Jan 2009
1,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
It would be remiss of me not to thank George on behalf of the entrants for all his efforts and encouragement. As I said somewhere before, these sort of things need a good "front man" and George certainly is that. Much appreciated.
Well said, thanks George and well done Ray
Yak 52 is offline Find More Posts by Yak 52
Old May 18, 2012, 09:12 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,005 Posts
Thanks Jon, can we look forward to a free-flight entry in the Britkit Build Off? Plenty of choice!
Old May 18, 2012, 12:02 PM
UK
Joined Jan 2009
1,248 Posts
Got my hands full with a a couple of scratch build/own designs at the moment. I suppose it would be cheeky to enter my Frog Chipmunk? I would love to do the MS Wasp but I have too many unfinished projects...
Yak 52 is offline Find More Posts by Yak 52
Old May 18, 2012, 01:59 PM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,005 Posts
Happy for you to enter the Chippy Jon - it'll give you an incentive to get it built!! And don't forget it is running until the end of the year, so plenty of time.
Old May 18, 2012, 04:26 PM
Joined Sep 2007
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post
Glad you enjoyed it Guizzo, we all had fun. I'm sure if Mark hadn't run out of time to finish his Venue it would have been up near the top of the results. How about joining in he Britkit Build Off, we'd be very happy to see you there.
Thanks Sundancer for your kind invitation! At the moment Iím trying to sort out how I could fly my f*#@&%g Canard!
I built the model according to the plan but the C.G. was completely misplaced!
Now I guess I have to rebuild a new fuselage since the reposition of the internal components will take a lot of effort, increase final weight, and won't solve completely the problem.
Once I have my canard in the sky Iíll take your kind call in due consideration. I have the Halo plan in my drawer.... and some other Brit models Iíd like to build!
Old May 19, 2012, 01:15 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,005 Posts
I've been following your canard build Guizzo, best of luck and I hope you manage to tame the beast! I had a Halo way back then, nice little model and would convert well to electric R/C - hope to hear from you when you have sorted the canard out.
Old May 20, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Sep 2007
529 Posts
Many thanks Sundancer!