Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 04, 2012, 04:32 PM
Cut the yellow wire
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
8,997 Posts
Pavle--Are you bringing your quad with the GoPro? Your Warwick video was awesome. To be honest though I coulda used a little more Lubo. Can never have enough Lubo.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z0uvVZg4Tw4
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2012, 04:46 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Ridgewood ,NJ
Joined Jan 2000
3,509 Posts
I got a fever... And the only prescription is more LUBO

"More cowbell" is an American pop culture catchphrase originally derived from an April 8, 2000, Saturday Night Live comedy sketch which fictionalized the recording of the song "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" by Blue Öyster Cult. The sketch featured guest host Christopher Walken as music producer "The Bruce Dickinson" and regular cast member Will Ferrell, who wrote the sketch, as fictional cowbell player Gene Frenkle. In the television special Saturday Night Live: 101 Most Unforgettable Moments, this sketch is moment number five.
dr.E is offline Find More Posts by dr.E
Last edited by dr.E; Jul 04, 2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 09:28 PM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpilot View Post
Add airplanes, pilots, barbecue grill - and ENJOY.
Nice shot of the field...BBQ pit is off to the right
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 05, 2012, 10:15 PM
West Long Branch, NJ
Joined Oct 2003
968 Posts
Hey guys,

The forecast for Saturday is looking good but hot. We'll have extra water on site to keep everyone hydrated. If you've got a easy-up, think about bringing it. Don't forget the sunscreen, and most important be ready to have fun!

I'll see you guys Saturday!!!

Rob
stangrob is offline Find More Posts by stangrob
Old Jul 06, 2012, 08:12 AM
United States, NJ, Fair Lawn
Joined Dec 2009
818 Posts
Mike, Carlos, and all,
I wish you a great flying tomorrow. It will be blazing hot, (100+), but that haven't stop us before, and it will not now, too.

Unfortunately, my quad, my planes and me will not be there to share the fun. My wife works until 1 or 2 pm (no one except me to look after the kids), and there will be no time to get there and enjoy the company of such a great group of people.

Take care and stay cold
Pajo
pajonate is offline Find More Posts by pajonate
Old Jul 07, 2012, 09:31 PM
West Long Branch, NJ
Joined Oct 2003
968 Posts
Guys,

Thanks for making the trek out to our field today. We couldn't have asked for better weather - 75F, high puffy clouds, and a light wind straight down the runway. We'll hopefully have some pics up soon from the day!

Rob
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:13 PM
West Long Branch, NJ
Joined Oct 2003
968 Posts
Hmmmm... Needed a little more water - much better now.

Ok maybe In hindsight the weather was a little warmer. After all today was forecast to be the peak of the heat wave. The call was for 106F - I think it hit 96. But everyone stayed hydrated and the flight line was busy all day. We had a lighter turnout than usual but I suspect we can thank the forecast for that. The BCSF had a nice turnout - thanks to Carlos and the rest of the guys.

Stay tuned for our 10th running of this event in 2013. And keep your eyes open for pics soon

Rob
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:25 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Fly In

Hey Rob, it was an awesome day can't believe it's over already. You did a great job as usual, and everybody I spoke to was having a great time and enjoying themselves. Looking forward to 2013, and I'll be seeing you soon.
Eric G.
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
Old Jul 08, 2012, 12:38 PM
Cut the yellow wire
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
8,997 Posts
I had a great time! The flying was great, the sun was hot but the breeze was just right. My dashboard temp showed 99° when we were packing up. The temp probe on the Super Club's telemetry read between 97° and 98°+. Hot but not too humid. I got in a bunch of flights.

Always a great fun fly and a great bunch of guys!

Mike
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Jul 08, 2012, 02:18 PM
Joined May 2006
813 Posts
Another fun event.

Was a great time despite the heatwave. When the clouds rolled in, things started cooling down, but by the end the sun was back with a vengeance. Had to be over 100.
Kenpilot is offline Find More Posts by Kenpilot
Last edited by Kenpilot; Jul 14, 2012 at 06:23 AM.