its this
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1652329
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2012, 01:29 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,370 Posts
Jombo..Im guess about the same price correct? Trust me you will love how it flies.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old May 30, 2012, 10:58 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,179 Posts
sweet , thank you ridge_racer . this is my FIRST so this will make it or break it for me .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old May 30, 2012, 11:22 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,521 Posts
It made it for me!
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old May 30, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,370 Posts
Finally....for anyone looking for this gyro at a good price. If you become a member on hk-parts website you can get this gyro for 79 bucks. Very competitive price compared to the ZYX-S.
Old May 30, 2012, 04:55 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Yes, that price is starting to look good when you see what you get with it. I take it that circuit is a sat interface, is that right?
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old May 30, 2012, 04:58 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,521 Posts
I believe that it simply works as an adapter for sats.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:17 PM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
I made it out today and made several more flights with the 3GY. This gyro is spoiling me. It is easy to setup and connects everytime with computer software. You don`t even have to turn it on when connecting w/ computer software. I got a video of it today but it is a low quality. I`m rusty at flying.
MT325 w/ 3GY (Robird31) (4 min 28 sec)
IFHELI is offline Find More Posts by IFHELI
Old Jun 24, 2012, 07:51 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Nice flying! Looks like it's performing very well. Any negatives you've notice so far? Could you please post a screen capture of your Performance Guide Tab.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:23 PM
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
I have one thing for a negative but it may be my TX ( not sure yet ). When I do flips or rolls I get a bit of a bounce back. If I flip forward and stop it is towards the tail. If I flip backwards then it is to the nose. It`s the same with rolls.( roll left and get a return stop to the right... roll right and get it to the left). I did make some adjustments and it has gotten better. I also found out that if I don`t return cyclic stick to center and hold an imput to stop it then it will not do it.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:24 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFHELI View Post
I made it out today and made several more flights with the 3GY. This gyro is spoiling me. It is easy to setup and connects everytime with computer software. You don`t even have to turn it on when connecting w/ computer software. I got a video of it today but it is a low quality. I`m rusty at flying.
http://youtu.be/ketxwb5c5iE
I couldn't find any rust, nice flying!!
Steve
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:29 PM
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
Thanks.. I`m very rusty. I think I flew two whole actual flights last year because I was so busy at work( and tired ).
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:57 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Quote:
I have one thing for a negative but it may be my TX ( not sure yet ). When I do flips or rolls I get a bit of a bounce back. If I flip forward and stop it is towards the tail. If I flip backwards then it is to the nose. It`s the same with rolls.( roll left and get a return stop to the right... roll right and get it to the left). I did make some adjustments and it has gotten better. I also found out that if I don`t return cyclic stick to center and hold an imput to stop it then it will not do it.
Thanks. Did you try other values for the SwashIn/OutSpeed? Is 200 fast or slow? If it's fast, it may help with the bounce, by slowing it down.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:10 PM
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
It is fast at 200.. That was one of the adjustments I made. I had it at 255(max) which is way to fast on the Mini Titan. The other adjustment was in the setup guide to the cyclic limit. I increased it from 9.0 to around 12.0. I will have to lower the swash in/out more this coming weekend.

I was to busy playing with the cheap cameras I bought and making changes to ZYX on B400, I held off making adjustments on the 3GY since it is so close to being good.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:38 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,370 Posts
Quote:
Was it worse with the default value of 55 for pitch to elevator. That controls any undercut in FF.