SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 27, 2012, 08:20 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,368 Posts
I had to reduce the rate for pitch and roll from 24 to 18. Maybe in another 2 years my skills will catch up to the higher agility.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2012, 09:02 PM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
I made it out today to do some flying finally. I took three helis with me. I had my maxrate at 22 on 3GY for ail & ele which is quick. I went to 19 on ail and 18 on ele but it was to slow for me. I went back up to 20 on both for now. I have also lowered the coll to tailrud back to 55 from 100.

The next flight was going great till the main gear stripped but was able to land safely. I also found one thing I don`t like so far after making changes to the two pots on gyro. When doing flips I get a bounce back. I have turned the pots in both directions with no changes in bounce back untill I set them both dead in the center. This almost stopped it. I have one other little problem which may be due to setup, me, or to the adjustments in performance menu. The heli flies fine in level flight but when coming out of certain aerobatics I get a nose pitch down . If I pull back on ele. the heli will go back to good level flight. This may just be me also. I set the pitch to elevator back to "0" so it will not correct for tail drag in vertical climb outs. I`m hoping to make it out tomorrow for more test flights.
IFHELI is offline Find More Posts by IFHELI
Old May 27, 2012, 09:44 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,368 Posts
Excellent IFHELI...I have been flying with 3 different 3 axis gyros on 3 different helis so each one feels different. I had to drop the max rate since at 24 it really is fast on the cyclic compared to how my hobbymate and 3x1000 is set up. What setting do you have for swash in/out?
Old May 27, 2012, 10:52 PM
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
Both are at 255. Today the Ail & ele exp. in program I had at -25 and tail is at -50. I have bump the ail & ele. exp up to -30 to try tomorrow. Max rate at 22 and higher is crazy fast.

Sounds like me today. I had three different helis and 3GY, TG-1, and ZYX-S.
Old May 27, 2012, 11:17 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,368 Posts
I really want to get to the point where they all feel more or less the same..So far the 3GY is the benchmark for me. Any cyclic move you make once you return to center it corrects and levels so fast. The piro is also the best too. No blow out on positive/negative pitch pumps(I'm hopeful I can fix this on the hobbymate). No delay on the controls and excellent collective response.
Last edited by ridge_racer; May 27, 2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old May 28, 2012, 04:31 PM
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
I made it out today for more flying. I`m still fighting the bounce back after flips. I did notice that if I don`t use full stick movement the bounce was very mild. I did try turning the elevator pot way down but the Heli felt very loose and bounce was still there. I then tried holding just a little elevator as I stopped the flip and the bounce is totally gone. The next thing I will try is playing with swash in & out speed. They are maxed out at 255. I will try going to 200 and see what happens.

The only mix I`m useing for now is the collpit to tailrud. I set it back to 55 and tail held great today. All the other mixes are at "0".

I have been flying my stretched MT325 w/ aTarot head and the heli is not happy with this head plus I don`t like it on the MiniTitan. I originally had a RAVE450 FBL head on it and the heli was smooth on spool up and down. The bearings have a sloppy fit in grips on Tarot head and Heli has the shakes on spool up and down with this head. I threw the RAVE head back on this afternoon.

I have been useing some Rotor Tech 350 blades but will be trying some CY normal and FBL 350 blades.

Other than my one problem I`m very happy with this 3GY. If you throw some none stop aerobatics together this bounce back is almost not even noticable.
Old May 28, 2012, 06:36 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,368 Posts
I can't say that I have experienced this bounce you are refering to.Mine seems to hold whatever the last input was so it tracks really nice in FF both upright and inverted.
Old May 28, 2012, 06:47 PM
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
The heli will track perfect in fff. When I do a flip forwards or backwards and the heli is back upright and level is when I get the back bounce. If I flip forward it will correct back towards tail when flip is finish. When I flip backwards it will correct to nose. It is just like the bounce on tail after a pyro with wrong settings.
Old May 28, 2012, 07:13 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,368 Posts
Before you change anything check that the swash is perfectly level at midstick and during a hover it does not drift slightly forwards.
Old May 28, 2012, 07:28 PM
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
I will double check the swash but I used a tool to set it up and have no drift in a hover. The heli does balance on main shaft.
Old May 28, 2012, 07:43 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,368 Posts
If all checks out mechancially maybe try positive pitch => elevator and negative pitch => elevator comp to see if that helps.
Old May 28, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
I thought about trying that this morning. I`m afraid that it will cause other problems.
Old May 28, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,368 Posts
I would try a small value only on the positive pitch => elevator and see what happens. I am thinking however they put those options in there to help keep the heli trimmed at full positive and full negative pitch vs using EPA or something.
Old May 28, 2012, 08:56 PM
Malaysia, Perak, Taiping
Joined Jan 2012
246 Posts
look like this gyro also good one accept a bit expensive hope in future this gyro also can use satellite or S-bus system

thank
keris is offline Find More Posts by keris
Old May 28, 2012, 09:15 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,521 Posts
It can use sats.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case