Lots of info on this link, including all 18 tutorials:
http://www.skyhobbies.com.sg/pagelin...RobirdG31.html

SGD$128 = USD$100
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old May 19, 2012, 09:59 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,384 Posts
Watching the videos cleared up a few setup issues I had. I swap the pitch and aileron servo on the back of the gyro then reverse their directions and was able to use the correct mounting selection for the gyro for the compensations. I also noticed with the new firmware I don't have the issue with losing 0.5 degs of positive and negative pitch when exiting the setup menu.

BTW...on the advanced menu zero out the cyclic to tail comp. Does nothing but cause the tail to kick out a bit during rolls/flips.

It's kinda weird flying this gyro/heli vs the Tarot with the older 3GYS. Personally I feel this gyro is more balanced in terms of a sim like feel and stability. Next heli build I do will use this gyro instead.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Last edited by ridge_racer; May 19, 2012 at 10:04 PM.
Old May 19, 2012, 10:23 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,963 Posts
Good to hear this gyro is working so well. Can you save the gyro setup to a file and then reload it, with the PC app?
Old May 20, 2012, 12:07 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,384 Posts
Unfortunately not...I am hopeful they can make this an option in the next PC software revision.
Old May 20, 2012, 09:44 AM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
378 Posts
The PC program does have a save button at the bottom which is not functional from what I can tell. So I would say this will be coming soon along with governor.
IFHELI is offline Find More Posts by IFHELI
Old May 20, 2012, 08:00 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
*snip*

BTW...on the advanced menu zero out the cyclic to tail comp. Does nothing but cause the tail to kick out a bit during rolls/flips.

*snip*
Makes sense. I never got that sometimes random kick with the original setup that had cyclic>tail set to 55. I'll have PC access tomorrow so I'll change that and hopefully go for a flight.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old May 20, 2012, 09:08 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Unfortunately not...I am hopeful they can make this an option in the next PC software revision.
Thanks. It would certainly be good if they could add this feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFHELI View Post
The PC program does have a save button at the bottom which is not functional from what I can tell. So I would say this will be coming soon along with governor.
I thought that button was "save to gyro". That could be why nothing appears to happen when you click it.
Old May 20, 2012, 09:12 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,525 Posts
BF, unless we are both wrong, it is indeed a "save to gyro" button. If it wasn't, you would have to redo ALL of your settings every time.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old May 21, 2012, 03:59 PM
Joined Apr 2010
378 Posts
I don`t believe it is a save to gyro. Everytime I enter information you can see at the bottom the PC program will save it and show how long till it is saved without pushing the save button.

I used to always push the save button when I first installed the 3GY thinking that was what saved it to gyro. Now I don`t and all the changes are saved to gyro.
Last edited by IFHELI; May 21, 2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old May 21, 2012, 07:47 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFHELI View Post
I don`t believe it is a save to gyro. Everytime I enter information you can see at the bottom the PC program will save it and show how long till it is saved without pushing the save button.

I used to always push the save button when I first installed the 3GY thinking that was what saved it to gyro. Now I don`t and all the changes are saved to gyro.
The unit always seems to auto save and reboot once you exit back to the main page. Not really sure about the function of the save button.

IFHELI...have you been able to make use of the vibra analysis?
Old May 21, 2012, 08:35 PM
Joined Apr 2010
378 Posts
I have not tried the live feed yet. I still have not gotten out to do any full blown flying but I do check it after all of my test / tweeking hovers. My main and tail would show some bad vibs here and there. They always seem to show up when the tail wagged, the main rotor wobbled, or close to landing. I did some tweeking to stop the wag and wobble and it got better. I then changed out the stock TT tail blades for some CY 59mm CF tailrotor blades and the tail is very smooth now. It is always in the green. On Sunday the main rotor showed vibs at two different times. I balanced the blades off the head but looks like I will have to balance the whole assembly together. I`m not sure when the vibs showed. I almost have the feeling I get vibs when I land and come off Gov. On this same flight the main rotor was in the green and looking good till I reach the times close to when I landed.
Old May 21, 2012, 09:14 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,384 Posts
It hasn't really changed my routine in regards to finding vibration problems.
Old May 22, 2012, 04:34 PM
Joined Apr 2010
378 Posts
I have been useing it because it is there. So easy to just plug it in and check.