HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 18, 2012, 11:40 AM
Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,516 Posts
I can hardly wait to see one, and then drop my pants and moon it!
LVsoaring is offline Find More Posts by LVsoaring
Old May 18, 2012, 01:19 PM
Joined Aug 2011
714 Posts
Already an issue in controlled airspace.

http://www.infowars.com/spy-drone-al...t-over-denver/
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old May 18, 2012, 01:25 PM
Come to the guru you have.
United States, OK, Anadarko
Joined Aug 2003
1,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
Hmmmm, I wonder whether the usual anti-gubmint rants will be raised in this forum against the use of such devices by "the thug".

Maybe not.
I'd rather look for ways to knock them down, relieve them of control and other ways to simply make them go away. I care not who running them.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old May 18, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Aug 2011
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks View Post
I'd rather look for ways to knock them down, relieve them of control and other ways to simply make them go away. I care not who running them.
Ask the Iranians they seem to have found a way

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middl...ught-the-beast
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old May 18, 2012, 05:48 PM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
While involved in the sUAS ARC with RCAPA we pushed hard for a limit of about 4 pounds and frangible construction for anything flying over a populated area. Also that the system remain under direct visual observation of the operator at all times and be capable of being flown under direct "stick to surface" control in an emergency.
We were the pip squeeks in the room and were rolled by Aerovirnment and General Atomics who want civilian markets for their military grade products.
The real irony is that it is still considered a menace and illegal to commercially use a photograph taken from the scourge of aviation safety...the dreaded Slow Stick.
Real Ira is offline Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old May 18, 2012, 10:36 PM
Joined Aug 2003
1,626 Posts
I am looking to market in this field, It's sad that some folks with money have more rights than those that will turn a good product at a fair price.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 19, 2012, 08:46 AM
Joined Jun 2010
288 Posts
We got a new Cop in town. I saw him write 3 tickets yesterday while just driven though. Budget problems again in the City?

My wife got pulled over the other day but he didn't write her up. And she won't be pulled over again for 3 miles an hour over.

So we need Drones over the cities? Coming up - every car has a GPS transmitter that records every ones movement. It will happen ,guaranteed. Forced though as a method to reduce gas consumption and crime.
Aaron 1 is offline Find More Posts by Aaron 1
Old May 19, 2012, 09:01 AM
Joined Aug 2003
1,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron 1 View Post
So we need Drones over the cities? Coming up - every car has a GPS transmitter that records every ones movement. It will happen ,guaranteed. Forced though as a method to reduce gas consumption and crime.
It will pay to be me!

Disabling switch $500, on sale now!!!
RCG Plus Member