SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 14, 2012, 04:48 PM
WI
Joined Oct 2004
908 Posts
Discussion
MinimOSD on ground station.

Can I use the minimOSD on the RX side of the video transmitter, with the APM2.0 and the xbee, or should I order something else?
King_Ice_Flash is offline Find More Posts by King_Ice_Flash
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2012, 04:09 PM
WI
Joined Oct 2004
908 Posts
No one knows if I will have frame sync issues?

I can't believe no one has done this to save weight, so if they lose video signal, they will still have OSD?
Old May 15, 2012, 06:24 PM
Basel, Switzerland
Joined Mar 2008
93 Posts
i did a little test with a max7456 which the minimosd apparently uses.
i wired it up to do the osd (instead of my atmega diy osd) on the ground after the video receiver. without the receiver antenna, i got the slightest noise after going behind a wall with the tx, and the osd text was GONE! the diy osd would still be working under these conditions, the text could wobble and shift around a bit, but it does work (flying like that for months).

i'd say the max7456 is useless for on-the-ground-osd. but would love to see others confirm that or prove me wrong (could be something with my wiring/pcb), as it's beautifully simple to do osd with..
quix-fz is offline Find More Posts by quix-fz
Old May 15, 2012, 09:03 PM
WI
Joined Oct 2004
908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quix-fz View Post
i did a little test with a max7456 which the minimosd apparently uses.
i wired it up to do the osd (instead of my atmega diy osd) on the ground after the video receiver. without the receiver antenna, i got the slightest noise after going behind a wall with the tx, and the osd text was GONE! the diy osd would still be working under these conditions, the text could wobble and shift around a bit, but it does work (flying like that for months).

i'd say the max7456 is useless for on-the-ground-osd. but would love to see others confirm that or prove me wrong (could be something with my wiring/pcb), as it's beautifully simple to do osd with..
Thanks for testing this!