HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 14, 2012, 02:46 PM
Joined May 2012
7 Posts
Discussion
RC Boat Simulator

For anyone that might be interested.
Closest thing I know of to Boat Racing with a Simulator.
Go here > http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1652447
RCer for life is offline Find More Posts by RCer for life
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2012, 03:39 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,852 Posts
Awesome! I can see that being fun in multiplayer!
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old May 14, 2012, 03:39 PM
why am i here???????
United States, OR, Oregon City
Joined Mar 2009
714 Posts
nice thanks for posting this. this is gonna be the closest to a rc boat sim.. maybe knife edge should come out with a boat rc simulator. would be sweet.
traxxas13 is offline Find More Posts by traxxas13
Old May 14, 2012, 09:01 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,852 Posts
Well, that's disappointing. The level is great, but the airboat drives like crap.
Old May 15, 2012, 01:05 PM
Joined May 2012
7 Posts
RC Boat Simulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Well, that's disappointing. The level is great, but the airboat drives like crap.
First what do you mean by the Level is great?

Second concerning what you said about the Airboats handling.
If you hit anything with the airboat it will go out of control and I'm guessing that KE meant it to be that way and I personnally believe that that is a good thing.
If you hit anything with the airboat just tap the reset button. I state that in the third sentence under the comments i added in
here > http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=16736
I stated that because I know it is a problem from viewing people that joined in online racing, watching their boat go out of control after they hit something.
Then I have to stop my boat and explain to them whats up with their boat. By stating that at the custom airport download site, I hoped to avoid these situations.
You also might have run over the reef on the far back strait and this might have caused your boat to lose control or go WACKY. The first Image is of that reef.
I really don't see anything wrong with the Stock airboat and you also have the option of editing your boat by adding weight to the front of the boat or changing the thrust angle of the engine etc.
Image 2 is of the last online race I was in, but using a different pilots view.
Last edited by RCer for life; May 15, 2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: took out question mark after etc
Old May 15, 2012, 01:25 PM
Joined May 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by traxxas13 View Post
nice thanks for posting this. this is gonna be the closest to a rc boat sim.. maybe knife edge should come out with a boat rc simulator. would be sweet.
It probably would cost a ton of money for KE to make a separate Boat RC simulator. Even if they could afford to do it and there were enough people that would purchase the sim to make it break even or profitable. I think that by mixing boat racing with Aircraft both sides would experience both. And when you host racing, by having it with the aircraft guys, you better your chances of people joining in on your races versus if the the two sims were separate.
And your welcome for the post, my pleasure.
Old May 15, 2012, 08:54 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCer for life View Post
First what do you mean by the Level is great?
The level worked great, and the course is laid out nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCer for life View Post
Second concerning what you said about the Airboats handling.
If you hit anything with the airboat it will go out of control and I'm guessing that KE meant it to be that way and I personnally believe that that is a good thing.
If you hit anything with the airboat just tap the reset button. I state that in the third sentence under the comments i added in
here > http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=16736
I stated that because I know it is a problem from viewing people that joined in online racing, watching their boat go out of control after they hit something.
Then I have to stop my boat and explain to them whats up with their boat. By stating that at the custom airport download site, I hoped to avoid these situations.
You also might have run over the reef on the far back strait and this might have caused your boat to lose control or go WACKY. The first Image is of that reef.
I really don't see anything wrong with the Stock airboat and you also have the option of editing your boat by adding weight to the front of the boat or changing the thrust angle of the engine etc.
Image 2 is of the last online race I was in, but using a different pilots view.
I find that even moving it about 50 feet and not hitting anything is enough to upset the handling... not even to the first corner.

I've had the same thing happen with float planes before, where they just keep bouncing after a landing.
Old May 15, 2012, 09:37 PM
Thermite + ice = Big boom.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Apr 2009
2,275 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1652587
wait a few months, plus I need interest and suggestions to keep me motivated.
boaterguy is offline Find More Posts by boaterguy
Old May 16, 2012, 11:50 AM
Joined May 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
The level worked great, and the course is laid out nicely.

I find that even moving it about 50 feet and not hitting anything is enough to upset the handling... not even to the first corner.

I've had the same thing happen with float planes before, where they just keep bouncing after a landing.
I'm sorry that your not able to get the airboat running correctly but....

I just did 50 laps with RF 6's airboat and I also stopped here and there to let the boat ideal for a while and there were no problems what-so-ever with it.

Only thing I can suggest is you either check out Knifedge's site for a possible solution or call their tech support.

This is the computer that I use to run RF 6 with HP-Pavilion 170F .
I run the boat and course with using a 52 in 60 hz flat screen tv with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 x (32) bit.
I have almost everything set to its maximum setting for the most Eye Candy Possible for running RF 6 with the exception of having the Post Processing Bloom set to (NO).
And the airboat pretty much runs real nice and smooth at this course.
Old May 27, 2012, 02:00 PM
Joined May 2012
7 Posts
RealFlight 6 Online Airboat Racing

Racing Airboats Online May 18, 2012.